Dentist or Tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Dentist or Tebow

Watching Tebow play QB is like going to the dentist to get a root canal--I actually now understand how the Jets fans felt last year--this guy is HARD on the eyes--nice guy but Horrible QB and this change of pace stuff is old--teams will bring 10 guys up in the box and cram the run because this guy would probasbly Miss WRs with no one covering them--he stinks-period -please cut him Mr. BB--it's the only thing I want for XMASS --Tebow cut from the Pats. And the sooner the better before the Media Circus starts in the Real season

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Dentist or Tebow

I wonder what Denver fans thought of Tebow only 2 years ago?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

You mean when he was winning playoff games for them, unlike Manning?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I was behind Tebow at the concession stand.  He couldn't make up his mind what he wanted.  I went back to my seat.  I think he took off running.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

while the entire board disses Tebow, everyone is forgetting that BB is going to fill in the final roster. Most everyone saw Tebow play against the Bucs and were upset. But I have seen him 11 times sinec OTA's and he has been making strides, and if a team wanted to keep a low cost option for #3, he is viable.

Certainly the coaching staff has seen 100 times more than what I am able to digest, and have a few more weeks to see how this unfolds. One bad preseason game should not undo the progress made in camp.

Lets allow the situation to play out, and lets put some faith into BB that his decision will be one that is best for the team. STarting today, away from curious eyes and cameras, the team gets down to the business of making these decisions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

Watching Tebow play QB is like going to the dentist to get a root canal--I actually now understand how the Jets fans felt last year--this guy is HARD on the eyes--nice guy but Horrible QB and this change of pace stuff is old--teams will bring 10 guys up in the box and cram the run because this guy would probasbly Miss WRs with no one covering them--he stinks-period -please cut him Mr. BB--it's the only thing I want for XMASS --Tebow cut from the Pats. And the sooner the better before the Media Circus starts in the Real season

TEBOW makes the team for many strategic reasons that most ordinary fans dont normally bother to identify/consider. Tebow is very effective for what BB needs him to do. Though redesigning the image of the Org is way down the list of priorities "on the field" wise, it is a top business objective. Having Tebow helps there. The style that Tebow employees isnt pretty to a fan, but it is a sound strategy to have a running QB option in the arsenal. TT isnt here to throw it just as Tom and Ryan aren't here to run it!  Having the option keeps other teams on their toes and forces them to prepare. In the event of catastrophe, TT is the perfect, game manager type who could keep things afloat And buy time to train another passing type. Our Passing game is far too advanced for any new QB in midseason to master in a short time frame, therefore having TT makes us a running team in the event of N emergency.  If BB wanted too with the personnel we have right now, he could go QB read option with TT and say here we come, right at you, and win games cramming it down their throats. We probably wont haVe to go there, but you can bet be are showing it for valid reasons. it is a security blanket that other teams dont have. Hate TT if you choose, just dont forget what our last 5 3rd string QBs brought to the table, if you can even remember who they were!!! We all know TT, and for very good reasons. Hes a winning football player. Class is over, for now....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

TEBOW makes the team for many strategic reasons that most ordinary fans dont normally bother to identify/consider. Tebow is very effective for what BB needs him to do. Though redesigning the image of the Org is way down the list of priorities "on the field" wise, it is a top business objective. Having Tebow helps there. The style that Tebow employees isnt pretty to a fan, but it is a sound strategy to have a running QB option in the arsenal. TT isnt here to throw it just as Tom and Ryan aren't here to run it!  Having the option keeps other teams on their toes and forces them to prepare. In the event of catastrophe, TT is the perfect, game manager type who could keep things afloat And buy time to train another passing type. Our Passing game is far too advanced for any new QB in midseason to master in a short time frame, therefore having TT makes us a running team in the event of N emergency.  If BB wanted too with the personnel we have right now, he could go QB read option with TT and say here we come, right at you, and win games cramming it down their throats. We probably wont haVe to go there, but you can bet be are showing it for valid reasons. it is a security blanket that other teams dont have. Hate TT if you choose, just dont forget what our last 5 3rd string QBs brought to the table, if you can even remember who they were!!! We all know TT, and for very good reasons. Hes a winning football player. Class is over, for now....

Even though Tebow had a horrible game on Friday, giving anyone a very valid point when they say he should be cut,  I still think he makes the team.  They wouldn't have taken the time to put in an offense for him if they weren't going to keep him.

With that said, Rally...  Are you finally going to concede that Tebow isn't going to ever play TE for the Patriots?  Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Utter nonsense! The guy is not a legitimate NFL QB. Maybe you missed it but he can't pass the ball, which is usually considered a prerequisit for an NFL QB.  And off of the woeful TB performance hardly deserves a roster spot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Everyone knows what Tebow is going yo do! For the last time! BB put out the manual on how you beat him. Stuff the box, press man-to-man, cover 1. Also, EVERY TEAM IN THE AFC EAST RUNS THE OPTION! It wont surprise anyone! And Edelman can run the option in practice if the defense needs to practice against it. The Pats can sign a practice squad option QB, why keep a QB who cant throw on the roster when we can keep a RB, TE, WR, DE, DT or S? You know,  positions of need?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He hit 75% of his passes with the jets.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

Which raised his career % by .2%   but you're right those 8 passes means he should be in the HoF!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Sorry Rally I stopped reading after that. Normally you post good stuff but it's never good logic to take an all-time great QB in Brady off the field for what amounts to a RB. Face it a QB who can run but can't throw is called a RB by most people not a running QB. Option QBs can at least throw the ball. Btw I hate this Tebow hater stuff. No one hates Tebow, they hate the way he plays and the way people defend him to the last for no reason. He's not a legit NFL QB and hasn't even proven he's a legit NFL RB yet no matter how much press he gets or people want him to be. There's a difference between hating the person and hating the play of a player who gets way to much credit for being subpar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

while the entire board disses Tebow, everyone is forgetting that BB is going to fill in the final roster. Most everyone saw Tebow play against the Bucs and were upset. But I have seen him 11 times sinec OTA's and he has been making strides, and if a team wanted to keep a low cost option for #3, he is viable.

Certainly the coaching staff has seen 100 times more than what I am able to digest, and have a few more weeks to see how this unfolds. One bad preseason game should not undo the progress made in camp.

Lets allow the situation to play out, and lets put some faith into BB that his decision will be one that is best for the team. STarting today, away from curious eyes and cameras, the team gets down to the business of making these decisions.

I'm with rkarp.  There's an enormous difference all over the NFL in preseason play between veterans with nothing to prove (to the coaching staff!) and rooks.  Again and again, the vets perform wonderfully in practice and horribly in games.  I'm utterly amazed that Tom Brady himself hasn't thrown more ducks in preseason games.  He did, to his credit, miss Amendola badly when getting into field goal range was on the line, but I would normally expect far less of him, at least one interception tossed directly to a player.  My guess is that Brady's Sudfeld touchdown was aimed directly at the defenders but Sudfeld somehow got it back from the both of them.  Also Brady needs to give most of the rook WRs the practice.

As for Tebow, he plays wonderfully in practice and so what does he need to prove in a "real" game?

(sorry, mallet's touchdown throw to Suds).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Which raised his career % by .2%   but you're right those 8 passes means he should be in the HoF!

I was inspired by the statement "I actually now understand how the Jets fans felt last year". How bad should a fan feel when the guy hits 75% of his passes.

But your wrong. His 1 for 7 in the last pre-season game should cause them to take away his Heisman!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

TEBOW makes the team for many strategic reasons that most ordinary fans dont normally bother to identify/consider. 

Many "fans" only identify/consider that which fits in with their notions. Facts take a second seat to those every time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I'm with rkarp.  There's an enormous difference all over the NFL in preseason play between veterans with nothing to prove (to the coaching staff!) and rooks.  Again and again, the vets perform wonderfully in practice and horribly in games.  I'm utterly amazed that Tom Brady himself hasn't thrown more ducks in preseason games.  He did, to his credit, miss Amendola badly when getting into field goal range was on the line, but I would normally expect far less of him, at least one interception tossed directly to a player.  My guess is that Brady's Sudfeld touchdown was aimed directly at the defenders but Sudfeld somehow got it back from the both of them.  Also Brady needs to give most of the rook WRs the practice.

As for Tebow, he plays wonderfully in practice and so what does he need to prove in a "real" game?

While I still feel Tebow will make this team it's hard not to take into consideration the words Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said on last weeks HBO Hard Knocks show.... I'm paraphrasing here but it was close to this...  You make the team playing in the preseason games, not on the practice field.  The practice field provides opportunities to play more in the preseason is all.  But making the team is won during the preseason games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I finally figured out why BB is keeping Timmie No Throw for the preseason - here's my theory--with all the scrambling QBs out there now, Newton, Wilson Copenack?, RG3 etc the genius is giving his defensive backs a look at the scrambling QB Timmie No Throw in practices to see who can play against these scrambling QBs in open space--that's it!! He gets cut before the season starts!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

That's a reasonable argument for why BB might keep TT, Rally.  (You played in the CFL, so you're familiar with those short yardage QBs they sometimes use up here--I could see Tebow used as that too.)

Remember, though, BB has been keeping only two QBs recently . . . so keeping Tebow would be a departure from recent practice.  Is BB really concerned about having that third-string game manager on the roster now after not having it for a few years?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I finally figured out why BB is keeping Timmie No Throw for the preseason - here's my theory--with all the scrambling QBs out there now, Newton, Wilson Copenack?, RG3 etc the genius is giving his defensive backs a look at the scrambling QB Timmie No Throw in practices to see who can play against these scrambling QBs in open space--that's it!! He gets cut before the season starts!

This is actually part of the reason he's here.  That and the jersey sales Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I was inspired by the statement "I actually now understand how the Jets fans felt last year". How bad should a fan feel when the guy hits 75% of his passes.

But your wrong. His 1 for 7 in the last pre-season game should cause them to take away his Heisman!

Actually he should keep his Heisman. Historically Heisman winners have stunk in the NFL and most haven't ever really developed into with one exception Palmer. Other than that Tebow fits in perfectly with the other Heisman QBs who have won in the last 30yrs. He stinks

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If that's true why waste a spot and just use a RB. If he can't throw what's the difference. I mean the only thing that makes players like Wilson, Kirkpatrick, and RGIII dangerous is they can throw on the run! Besides if that's the case there are plenty of option QBs from college who are PS eligible who can be that guy and won't take up a 53man spot

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

If that's true why waste a spot and just use a RB. If he can't throw what's the difference. I mean the only thing that makes players like Wilson, Kirkpatrick, and RGIII dangerous is they can throw on the run! Besides if that's the case there are plenty of option QBs from college who are PS eligible who can be that guy and won't take up a 53man spot

Read my post again-he gets cut Before the season and the roster is set--he is camp fodder. We actually will save a spot when he gets cut when pats get down to the 53 man roster

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

This is actually part of the reason he's here.  That and the jersey sales Wink

Thanks Prolate-I'm no rocket scientist, but have been baffled by this signing--I missed the Jersey sales to all the religious folks angle,( after all this is a business),--nice catch,(no pun intended),--I'll be shocked if the Pats waste a roster spot on him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

TEBOW makes the team for many strategic reasons that most ordinary fans dont normally bother to identify/consider. 

Many "fans" only identify/consider that which fits in with their notions. Facts take a second seat to those every time.

Excellent point. I sometimes wonder if everyone forgets who made the choice to bring TT in. If I had to bet, I'd say BB knows what he's doing. I simply agree with him....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Seriously, I know the guy's name isn't Smith or Brown, but "Copenack" and "Kirkpatrick"? At least make an effort?  

Sections
Shortcuts