Denver becomes a must win game..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Denver becomes a must win game..

I had hoped we could get by Carolina allowing no damage should we have followed it up with a lost to the ponies.

Somehow...someway....we must beat the Broncos next Sunday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Re: Denver becomes a must win game..

Agree. Pats must come out fired right up and treat this like a playoff game. Loss is not an option.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Uhh, how so? The division is all but locked up. At this point, it comes down to seeding. It'll be the 2, 3, or 4. 

Is the 1-seed feasible? Yeah. But I don't see it happening.

I expect New England to face the Broncos in the playoffs, in Denver, and I expect them to win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Pats will win the division easily if the go 11-5. Th is is not a must win, I do expect next week to be much more competitve than i did 3 weeks ago. If the pats had 30 more seconds does anyone doubt they score that TD. Against a top notch defense they moved the ball well and were only stopped by sloppy plays.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Still a ways too go

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Must win it what sense? Even if the Pats lose, we still have a good shot at the division and a great shot at a wild card.

Last three SB winners have played in the wild card round. This isn't a must win...It would be a nice win because it would be a great help to getting a bye...but no where near a must win

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Must win it what sense? Even if the Pats lose, we still have a good shot at the division and a great shot at a wild card.

Last three SB winners have played in the wild card round. This isn't a must win...It would be a nice win because it would be a great help to getting a bye...but no where near a must win

Big game thou

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

At this point they just need to make the playoffs.  I don't see a SB happening with this decimated defense, but a valiant try in the playoffs is fine with me.   

Horseface could go 18-2.  It don't matter.  Think about it.  We went 19-0 and lost to a 9-7 team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

We need seeds 1 or 2. I don't see this team winning 3 to get to the SB.

I'll say it again...Denver is a must win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Uhh, how so? The division is all but locked up. At this point, it comes down to seeding. It'll be the 2, 3, or 4. 

I expect New England to face the Broncos in the playoffs, in Denver, and I expect them to win.

The division is all locked up is it?  You do realize the Jets and Miami are only 2 games behind us..we lose to the ponies it's one and say...don't we play Miami again....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Tell that to the Ravens, Packers, and Giants. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Has no bearing or relevance to the here and now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

with the most of the d out theyll lose to denver- but then win out and get the second bye

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

The division is all locked up is it?  You do realize the Jets and Miami are only 2 games behind us..we lose to the ponies it's one and say...don't we play Miami again....

The Jets and Dolphins have games to play, two of which will be against each other. I expect the Jets and 'Phins to lose more games than we do. 

Is the division locked up, mathematically speaking? I guess not. But it'd take an epic meltdown to lose the division lead.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Well, we'd need to beat Denver AND Denver would have to lose a 3rd game for a 1 or 2 seed.  Otherwise, 4 losses could mean Cincy or Indy takes the 2 seed. Cincy has the tiebreaker over us.  

So, option #2 is that Cincy and Indy go 11-5 or 10-6, assuming the Pats don't lose more than 4 games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

How is the here and now relevant? The goal isn't to win in week 11, it's to win the Super Bowl.

The season doesn't end next week, nor does the season depend on the outcome of next week's game. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

with the most of the d out theyll lose to denver- but then win out and get the second bye

Were you drinking during the game...me to...but I do remember the Bengals and the Colts...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

a must win if they are going to get a first round bye, absolutely....however, they should have the division barring some collapse.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Were you drinking during the game...me to...but I do remember the Bengals and the Colts...

12-4 will get it done- the colts and bengals are not that good

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

How is the here and now relevant? The goal isn't to win in week 11, it's to win the Super Bowl.

The season doesn't end next week, nor does the season depend on the outcome of next week's game. 

The teams you speak of were still healthy and got hot at the right time.

We are bannged up with many not coming back....of all years not to play 3 game this is it...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Well, I can say I didnt see last seasons Baltimore team winning 3 to get to the Super Bowl last year...Giants I couldve kinda seen.

Wild card weekend could be a relatively easy win as long as they avoid the AFC West 2nd place team. Bengals/Colts in the next round? Easily a game that can go either way...Then At Denver, that would be a tall task...but maybe Mannings chokes before then

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

12-4 will get it done- the colts and bengals are not that good

Your drinking kool aid if you think we are not equal to the Colts and Bengals....it's foolish to diminish solid talent.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

We are bannged up with many not coming back....of all years not to play 3 game this is it...

Gregory, Talib, and Dennard will all return, likely as the regular season is closing. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

It will be sickening to watch Broncos offense against this defense. I see 40+ points allowed.  Too many injuries.

No Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly, Gregory, Dennard, Talib (likely).  I wont even blame the defense if they allow 40+,  not with 6 starters out.  Nobody can handle such injuries, not even Seahawks 49ers or Chiefs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Gregory, Talib, and Dennard will all return, likely as the regular season is closing. 

Wifork, Kelly and Mayo out changed what was really a strong D.

Talib has hip histories.

Dennard has knee issues.

One game at home...hope for lightning in a bottle game two...

Sections
Shortcuts