Denver Broncos - World Beaters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Denver Broncos - World Beaters

So while everyone is procaiming the Broncos to be Superbowl champs already, let's take a look at their competition so far. The DPPG is Defensive Points Per Game. I took them from the NFL site today.

W - Ravens (3-4) - DPPG: 11th, OPPG: 21st

W - Giants (2-6) - DPPG: 27th, OPPG: 28th

W - Raiders (3-4) - DPPG: 13th, OPPG: 29th

W - Eagles (3-5) - DPPG: 24th, OPPG: 17th

W - Cowboys (4-4) - DPPG: 18th, OPPG: 3rd

W - Jaguars (0-8) - DPPG: 32nd, OPPG: 32nd

L - Colts (5-2) - DPPG: 7th, OPPG: 9th

W - Redskins (2-5) - DPPG: 31st, OPPG: 11th

Overall records: 22-28, .44

Patriots rankings: DPPG: 5th , OPPG: 15th

Broncos rankings: DPPG: 28th , OPPG: 1st

So it looks like they have played four of the worst ten defenses in their eight games. Other than the Colts and maybe the Ravens, all of the others are basically middle of the pack defenses.

As far as other offenses go, the Broncos have played three offenses ranked in the top half of the league. Three of the offenses they have faced are bottom five offenses.

The one team that they have played that is above .500 they lost to. The one team that they have played that is .500 they barely beat.

Manning's first four games he went 16TDs to 0 INTs and 1 fumble lost. His last four games he has gone 13TDs to 6INTs with 3 fumbles lost.

Winter is coming, folks. The Patriots have a defense and an improving offense, which is exactly what can beat this paper tiger. I seriously believe that the Pats will be in the mix come late January/early February.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Denver Broncos - World Beaters

Don't tell that to TFB12! Welker can't help who he plays right?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Thanks,

Also, as the weather gets colder and the ball gets heavier, passing the football will become even harder. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the majority of Manning's passes were quacking while hovering to his receivers.

People can call me a homer all they like, but what I see is a team that hasn't been tested. They showboat, play dirty, and are overconfident. I'm not convinced their running game is all that great either. Once it gets colder and Manning starts to come to reality that will be even more important. I would rather have Ridley over Moreno, too. The Patriots are slowly but surely coming along. If the rookies keep learning, the coaches open up the running game, and Brady stops forcing it into triple coverage then this team can go far. I think they get that done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't care who they have played and who they have not played, they look pretty darn tough.  The Pats sure have not played world beaters and they have looked pretty bad.  We are lucky to have the wins we have.  Things are different in the playoffs, you play very good teams in the playoffs.  The Broncos look more ready and have more power to face the better teams then the Pats have and look right now.

The Broncos are better this year then last year and if I recall I remember watching the Broncos game and being on the forum and this place was full of people cheering for the Ravens to win so the Pats didn't have to face the Broncos.  If we make it to the AFCC this season it will be in Denver.  As of right now, we aren't even close to beating them in Denver. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't care who they have played and who they have not played, they look pretty darn tough.  The Pats sure have not played world beaters and they have looked pretty bad.  We are lucky to have the wins we have.  Things are different in the playoffs, you play very good teams in the playoffs.  The Broncos look more ready and have more power to face the better teams then the Pats have and look right now.

The Broncos are better this year then last year and if I recall I remember watching the Broncos game and being on the forum and this place was full of people cheering for the Ravens to win so the Pats didn't have to face the Broncos.  If we make it to the AFCC this season it will be in Denver.  As of right now, we aren't even close to beating them in Denver. 

[/QUOTE]

+1.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

look, look at Giants and Ravens, they weren`t the favorites to win the SB, they did have tough seasons, and looked very inconsistent, what was the result? Champions. It doesn`t matter if we have to play in Dever, Indy, Cincy we know that in the playoffs the game is totally different, let`s hope that we could have a great run in the playoffs like Giants and Ravens did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I see where you are coming from TFB, but we have seen this before. The Pats beat the "Greatest Show on Turf" Rams with a good defense and fair offense, and the Giants beat the Pats with a solid defense and fair offense. Happened again last year against Baltimore. Manning is historically bad in the post-season, and his defense is ranked 28th while playing some of the worst offenses in the league.

I also think that it means a lot that they lost to the one team they faced that is above .500.

At least the Patriots stepped up to the challenge against the Saints. While Manning is throwing picks trying to get his TD records, BB has the Pats doing everything they can to figure out how to win as a team. When all is said and done I would rather have the team who overcame obstacles to get where they are. You know, like 2001-2004.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see where you are coming from TFB, but we have seen this before. The Pats beat the "Greatest Show on Turf" Rams with a good defense and fair offense, and the Giants beat the Pats with a solid defense and fair offense. Happened again last year against Baltimore. Manning is historically bad in the post-season, and his defense is ranked 28th while playing some of the worst offenses in the league.

I also think that it means a lot that they lost to the one team they faced that is above .500.

At least the Patriots stepped up to the challenge against the Saints. While Manning is throwing picks trying to get his TD records, BB has the Pats doing everything they can to figure out how to win as a team. When all is said and done I would rather have the team who overcame obstacles to get where they are. You know, like 2001-2004.

[/QUOTE]

^ THIS. I really don't remember a team that cruised throughout the year, into the playoffs and winning a Super Bowl. At this time, last year, I wrote off the Ravens because they had lost several major players and Flacco was struggling; later, they fired their offensive coordinator and the dreaded "players only meeting" came up. Even in late December, no idea the Ravens would get hot. The Saints in 2009, I recall, were entering the playoffs on a 3-game losing streak. Giants --- well, we know that one all too well. Packers were like 15-1 in 2011 and lost at home to the Giants. 

This is why I am ok with Talib taking his time getting back. This is why I am ok with the rookies getting playing time and the rookie WRs looking like morons out there. I am ok with Gronk taking his time. And I am just hoping we get Amendola on the way 'up' when he's healthy for a 3-game stretch. As arrogant as it sounds, the division is ours and was always ours. We'll get into the big dance and I am looking for a healthy team that unity and has overcome struggles all year. Hell, i don't even want the playoff bye this year because I'd like the younger kids to be in a routine of playing every week between now and first week of February.

We do that much, anything can happen. Belichick always tells his players the season really starts after Thanksgiving. That's coming up. Going into the bye at 7-2 (i think we beat the Steelers) is not bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

So while everyone is procaiming the Broncos to be Superbowl champs already, let's take a look at their competition so far. The DPPG is Defensive Points Per Game. I took them from the NFL site today.

W - Ravens (3-4) - DPPG: 11th, OPPG: 21st

W - Giants (2-6) - DPPG: 27th, OPPG: 28th

W - Raiders (3-4) - DPPG: 13th, OPPG: 29th

W - Eagles (3-5) - DPPG: 24th, OPPG: 17th

W - Cowboys (4-4) - DPPG: 18th, OPPG: 3rd

W - Jaguars (0-8) - DPPG: 32nd, OPPG: 32nd

L - Colts (5-2) - DPPG: 7th, OPPG: 9th

W - Redskins (2-5) - DPPG: 31st, OPPG: 11th

Overall records: 22-28, .44

Patriots rankings: DPPG: 5th , OPPG: 15th

Broncos rankings: DPPG: 28th , OPPG: 1st

So it looks like they have played four of the worst ten defenses in their eight games. Other than the Colts and maybe the Ravens, all of the others are basically middle of the pack defenses.

As far as other offenses go, the Broncos have played three offenses ranked in the top half of the league. Three of the offenses they have faced are bottom five offenses.

The one team that they have played that is above .500 they lost to. The one team that they have played that is .500 they barely beat.

Manning's first four games he went 16TDs to 0 INTs and 1 fumble lost. His last four games he has gone 13TDs to 6INTs with 3 fumbles lost.

Winter is coming, folks. The Patriots have a defense and an improving offense, which is exactly what can beat this paper tiger. I seriously believe that the Pats will be in the mix come late January/early February.

[/QUOTE]

I think the broncos world beaters idea lost its luster a couple of weeks ago but has been brewing for about a month, but if it makes you feel better to think the world hates the pats, have at it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Umm, the world does hate the Pats, Underpants. We know all about it. New rules, plays called in OT for the new rules to help teams in the division win, etc.

We know all about it.

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't have happened if the genius understood the new rules.

Was he in Costa Rica or Croatia, on vacation, when they went over them?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Did you watch the Denver game this week? It was a Manning slobber fest as always. All I heard said about the Pats was that they were done and people were wondering whose fault it was.

Everyone is talking Denver up and loving the Pats early season woes. You have to be living on the moon not to get that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but do you really think the Pats have an offense that can win a SB at this point?  I don't.  I'm not sure they will at all this season.  To many new WR's.  Instead of rebuilding the whole WR group at one time, it needs to be done over a period of time.  While the Pats should be fine tuning the offense at this point they are still trying to find out who can play in it.  Right now there is just isn't any consistency and it is still a mess to be honest.

I don't think Manning is playing for records, that's their offense, my gosh why wouldn't they be throwing a lot with the weapons they have.  It would be injustice if they didn't and wasted all those WR's,  Plus they have a run game too.  It's not like they are only passing.  They have some games with 140 and 160 rush yards.  I believe their average rushing per game is 110 yards, and the Pats average rushing is 122 yards per game.  Not much difference there.  So I believe that isn't a fair statement that you made.

We have not beat any world beater teams either with the exception of the Saints.  We lost to a good Bengals team but also to a bad Jet's team for crying out loud.  Their only loss was a pretty darn good Colts team.  Their schedule going forward is more difficult then ours, thank goodness.

Don't fool yourself or try and fool people here, the Patriots are a long ways away from being a SB Championship team.  A long ways.  The Broncos look so much better then the Patriots and look really, really good.  You would have to be a complete homer like Rusty to think otherwise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Umm, the world does hate the Pats, Underpants. We know all about it. New rules, plays called in OT for the new rules to help teams in the division win, etc.

We know all about it.

[/QUOTE]

Man up, Rusty!  Put your big boy pants on.  The Pats broke the rule on the field goal, the ref was right there, it would have been ridiculous to not have called that.  Maybe BB needs to learn the rules.  Nowhere did it ever say a secondary player in the rule book, yet BB kept referring to that in the post game presser.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but do you really think the Pats have an offense that can win a SB at this point?  I don't.  I'm not sure they will at all this season.  To many new WR's.  Instead of rebuilding the whole WR group at one time, it needs to be done over a period of time.  While the Pats should be fine tuning the offense at this point they are still trying to find out who can play in it.  Right now there is just isn't any consistency and it is still a mess to be honest.

I don't think Manning is playing for records, that's their offense, my gosh why wouldn't they be throwing a lot with the weapons they have.  It would be injustice if they didn't and wasted all those WR's,  Plus they have a run game too.  It's not like they are only passing.  They have some games with 140 and 160 rush yards.  I believe their average rushing per game is 110 yards, and the Pats average rushing is 122 yards per game.  Not much difference there.  So I believe that isn't a fair statement that you made.

We have not beat any world beater teams either with the exception of the Saints.  We lost to a good Bengals team but also to a bad Jet's team for crying out loud.  Their only loss was a pretty darn good Colts team.  Their schedule going forward is more difficult then ours, thank goodness.

Don't fool yourself or try and fool people here, the Patriots are a long ways away from being a SB Championship team.  A long ways.  The Broncos look so much better then the Patriots and look really, really good.  You would have to be a complete homer like Rusty to think otherwise.

[/QUOTE]

I also don't think the Broncos are that much ahead of the Patriots so I guess call me a homer. All I sense from you in almost all your posts since the beloved Welker departed is "the sky is falling." Because of what you're seeing in a game in October, you're not sold on the Patriots and you are sold on the Broncos? Come on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We know all about it.

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't have happened if the genius understood the new rules.

Was he in Costa Rica or Croatia, on vacation, when they went over them?

[/QUOTE]

He understood them just fine.  That rule is like Holding. If the refs never call it, you'd never think it's illegal.

The genius is a genius as he is the greatest coach and GM of all time for a reason. The NFL corrborated BB's take on it today. It was nice to see.

The Jets committed the same penalty and it was not called.  Disturbing.

You mocking BB as a Pats fan means you are a troll or not a Pats fan. I don't know any Pats fan who mocks Bill Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

He taught the rule incorrectly because he interpreted it incorrectly. FACT!!!

You don't know any Pats fan who mock BB?  Really?

I don't know any Pats fans who mock Brady 24/7/365.

Do you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I also don't think the Broncos are that much ahead of the Patriots so I guess call me a homer. All I sense from you in almost all your posts since the beloved Welker departed is "the sky is falling." Because of what you're seeing in a game in October, you're not sold on the Patriots and you are sold on the Broncos? Come on.

[/QUOTE]

You don't think the Broncos are that much ahead?  Let me ask you this... Have you watched them?  How many full Bronco's games have you watched?  I have watched every Patriots game and every Bronco's game.  Yes, they are that much ahead. 

You are 100% correct.  I am not sold on the Patriots at this point.  We just finished week 8 and they still look like preseason to me, maybe week 1 or 2 at the very most and that is being generous.

Sorry if you didn't like me sharing my disgust about seeing Welker get away.  But guess what? I was 100% correct.  Welker is haveing a great season.  He would have really helped this team.  Edelman and Amendola have been exactly what I thought they would be. 

Sorry, but you do sound like a homer wearing your rose colored glasses, with your blinders on, living in the plastic bubble drinking gallons of BB kool aid.  The Patriots have a long way to go before I will feel comfortable picking them to even make it out of the first round of the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

He understood them just fine.  That rule is like Holding. If the refs never call it, you'd never think it's illegal.

[/QUOTE]

That is so lame, that has to be the worst excuse I have ever heard.  That might work with someone who is mentally challenged but certainly wouldn't come close with educated people.

You said the Jets did it and weren't called?  I watch the video of it and it was nothing even close to what Jones did.  Not even close.  It's embarrassing watching you try and justify this stuff.  What a fraud!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The Broncos haven't been tested and that should put questions into everyones mind.  You just don't know if they are real or not.  There's only one game that's a shocker and that's the first game where they destroyed the Ravens.  I thought Denver would win but not like that.  

My big problem with the call was it was the first time it had been called all season.  The timing of it was terrible.  Call it all season or forget about it.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I agree that the Broncos aren't world beaters and I am nowhere as near worried about them as I was earlier in the year. The Ravens and Giants are not playing good football at all and so those victories look much less impressive now then they did. I do think the Ravens will eventually get it together and make a run. They have too much talent to be play like this for 17 weeks. I have not seen all the Broncos games, though I did see todays and it was actually pretty competitive until late. The Redskins abandoned the run midway through the third and their defense got tired. Brady is having a bad season but Griffin is a real mess out there. I suspect the Broncos will end up 13-3 or 12-4. They would definately be a scary wild card for the Pats who I think will end up the 4th seed. I know the Pats have a half game lead over the Colts but with the Pats injury issues they will struggle holding on to that spot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'll reserve judgment on the Broncos until they've played KC twice - Andy Reed has the Chiefs believing as well he should - then I'll make an assessment.  As it stands at the halfway point of the regular season, Denver's record is simply 1 win better than the Pats.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

[/QUOTE]

Good post. I have trouble seeing how the PATS D can even slow down Gomer and all the weapons he has. I do see WW gaining redemption and having a big game against the PATS in November. And the KR Holliday is scary fast. Kinda reminds me of Blount returning kicks. LOL. I think the PATS offense will start to come together. That home game should be a high scoring game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

We know all about it.

[/QUOTE]

Not just new rules, rules changed in the middle of the season, right?  You will be crying about this for years to come.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is no question the Broncos have the better offense right now. However, I think our defense is already better than theirs. And the Patriots are getting better and more confident as a unit.

It's not going to be easy but there is a chance to upset the Broncos at Gillette on Nov 24th. If that happens, home field advantage may flip to favor the Patriots. Patriots still have a couple of tough games away at Baltimore and maybe Houston but the Broncos have to still play Chargers and Kansas City twice each.

I agree that if the Patriots have to go through the new Mile High in January, it will tough for the good guys unless the weather cooperates. But it won't be so easy for the Broncos to win in January in Foxboro either, especially if it comes down to the running game.

One thing I disagree with you on though is when you say the Patriots have been lucky to win the games they have. I think that is not a fair comment. This team has won with gritty, physical, refuse-to-die performances, especially on defense. It hasn't been pretty like the Broncos wins but that does not mean its wins were accidental and lucky. This team deserves our respect.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the pats have an offense that can win a SB if they are able to run the ball effectively, limit turnovers, control TOP, protect brady, play call well mixing in the pass witht the run and committing to the run early in games. My point on our wr's is that they are good enough For us to win. I count Gronk and Vereen in this mix as well. Our rb's are good enough for us to win.

we may not look like a SB offense now, but, we still have half the season to get it all clicking. If we continue to win and improve and stay healthy, this team as comprised has a good shot as long as they continue to improve. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is so lame, that has to be the worst excuse I have ever heard.  That might work with someone who is mentally challenged but certainly wouldn't come close with educated people.

You said the Jets did it and weren't called?  I watch the video of it and it was nothing even close to what Jones did.  Not even close.  It's embarrassing watching you try and justify this stuff.  What a fraud!

[/QUOTE]

Um! I guess you did not watch the pre game show on CBS yesterday. Boomer had to do an interview with soon to be jet's ex coach ref where he denied they had done the same thing earlier in the game so Boomer after the interview made it clear that the NFL looked at the Jets infraction earlier in the game and said yes indeed they did do the same thing and should have been flaged. I watched the play over and over again myself and after watching it I could not see where it was no worse or no better than what the Pat's got flaged for.

Sections
Shortcuts