Denver Broncos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Denver Broncos

This seems to be the only team standing in our way to get back to Super Bowl but i dont think there as good as advertised, there very beatable wherever we play them we should defintely get back to the Super Bowl.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Denver Broncos

34-27 NE in the AFCCG. ;-)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If I'm a Denver fan I'm cringing about cold weather    I don't remember gomer having many stellar games in cold crappy weather. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think it will come down to a few things...Gronk's arm, our two starting corners and Wilfork. That first game against Denver you could see the difference Dennard was making on the field - he didn't look like a lost Arrington trying to stick with recievers (when he can't) and losing guys by not turing his head. It made it so throws at least had to be fit in tighter areas, rather having 10 yard openings. Big advantage.  

Gronk - if healthy - will in my opinion make it so the offense will be able to do just about anything. We will be able to play action better, run it better, and make easier...higher percentage thows over the middle. And of course the red zone offense will be much better with a 6'6" 255 pound guy running in front of the one yard line.

To me if Wilfork can play like he did in the Houston game and the Jet's game on Thanksgiving...none of the above will matter as much. He outplayed Watt and totally destroyed NY's line on those nights. He plays like that in the playoffs and we beat Denver. Denver can pass block with the best of them...it would be huge if Wilfork could change that...and he physically can. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I dunno.  It's a new season, and we can all say things like "on any given day,..." - but, unfortunately, it's true.

If the Patriots have hopes of returning to the SB, Gronk and Talib will have to be close to 100% healthy.

In addition, the OL, TE corp, and RB corp have to Protect Brady.

Brady has to stick with the basics and NOT force the ball, and the offense can't turn the ball over. Is a 4th ring too much pressure for Brady? He knows time is running out, and that he's had two shots at it already.

ST and Defense have to create turnovers.

If they can put it all together for 3 games - it would be great.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I wouldn't underestimate Denver, especially if we're playing them in their house.  Denver has had a relatively weak schedule, but they're also second in points scored and fourth in points given up.  Even against weaker than average competition, that's still pretty impressive.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I realize all of this is merely counting one's eggs before they get laid, but it's difficult to see this match-up not happening (unless Baltimore does something I don't think it can do).

Manning has never really been much in the playoffs unless -- and this is a very big unless -- the zebras come swiftly and repeatedly to his rescue.

In a league that is rapidly outlawing defense of any kind, let's just say I'm . . .  

concerned.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Denver is a very good team. I think NE matches up well against them though.

However, when you have two top 10 QBs of all time going head to head, you know all bets are off. Anything can happen.

With regards to Denver's D,

They're a top 5 defense statistically. I haven't watched their games, so I don't know if theyre as good as they are on paper.

From the little that I have seen, they are a bit undersized. Gronk is the key there. He poses huge matchup problems for them, moreso than teams like SF and SEA

With regards to the hyper speed no huddle, I'm not sure if the Pats will be able to use it. On the road, in thin air, it's going to be harder to use.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Playing NFL playoff games in Denver  =  Playing NBA playoff games in the Old Boston Gardens
    Scary proposition, plus toss in The Forehead. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Playing NFL playoff games in Denver  =  Playing NBA playoff games in the Old Boston Gardens
    Scary proposition, plus toss in The Forehead. 

[/QUOTE]

I think the Gomer factor is more scary than the Denve factor and the thin air. I said this before, but I don't trust Goodell in these situations.

Anyone catch the awful roughing call last night on Hightower as the refs saw an opportunity to TRY to keep the game close? That kind of stuff concerns me now in this league.

[/QUOTE]

Ding! Ding! Ding!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Denver is a very good team. I think NE matches up well against them though.

However, when you have two top 10 QBs of all time going head to head, you know all bets are off. Anything can happen.

With regards to Denver's D,

They're a top 5 defense statistically. I haven't watched their games, so I don't know if theyre as good as they are on paper.

From the little that I have seen, they are a bit undersized. Gronk is the key there. He poses huge matchup problems for them, moreso than teams like SF and SEA

With regards to the hyper speed no huddle, I'm not sure if the Pats will be able to use it. On the road, in thin air, it's going to be harder to use.

[/QUOTE]

This thin air thing cuts both ways - if the Pats get an early lead using the hurry up, keeping Denvers D on the field, the Pats can then grind them down on the 2nd half with the running game - something they have gotten really good at as the year has gone by

If the Pats D performs the way the way they did against the Texans( the last time both Talib and Dennard played a full game together) you would have to love their chances

The Pats are the more physical team at this point - with Gronk and Hernandez both on the field they are a matchup nightmare for any team in the league - and Ridley has showed that he gets stronger the longer the game goes on - like all the great backs do

If the Pats take care of the ball they beat the Broncos -

I haven't posted in a while and I'll eat some crow - very happily suprised that the Pats D has made the turnaround they have - the Talib trade was a great move by BB - the Texans game was the best D game I have seen out the Pats since 2007

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

They played a bunch of cupcakes this season. Lost to 3 playoff bound teams, only beat one-baltimore which is pretty much slumping bad, and will get rocked by Indy next week.

Can't see the donkos beating the patriots to get to the super bowl

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if the pats do end up playing the donkeys in the AFCCG, i trust BB will have a very good gameplan to exploit the broncos linebackers and to try to slow down gomer. if it does happen, hernandez might be a HUGE player to watch in that game, he may simply be too fast for the denver linebackers. however, the pats linebackers arent exactly blazing fast either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if the pats do end up playing the donkeys in the AFCCG, i trust BB will have a very good gameplan to exploit the broncos linebackers and to try to slow down gomer. if it does happen, hernandez might be a HUGE player to watch in that game, he may simply be too fast for the denver linebackers. however, the pats linebackers arent exactly blazing fast either.

[/QUOTE]

BB always seems to have a great game plan that works for about half the game. Once Gomer figures it out his offenses start running up and down the field and we holding our breath after building up a big lead.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to jaxpat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB always seems to have a great game plan that works for about half the game. Once Gomer figures it out his offenses start running up and down the field and we holding our breath after building up a big lead.

[/QUOTE]

yea hopefully the offense gets off to a big start and can get a lead big enough so the donkeys cant come back. BB's defenses have shut down gomer in the past, but they have also been lit up in the past. but obviously this is all hypothetical talk because the pats and broncos will both have tough games in two weeks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This is the playoffs and no team should be discounted.  I wonder though, has Denver had to REALLY step up in their 11 game win streak against a team playing well?  The last time they faced adversity was in the Pats loss.  I do not know.  If anything, wouldn't it be karma to have the AFCCG played in Denver in blowing snow and freezing temps?  Last time the Pats played in those sort of conditions on the road, if I recall correctly, Chicago, a 36 - 7 win in 2010.  Also, the last time the Pats played in Denver, 12/18/11 - a 41 - 23 win.  Would we agree they are better than that 2011 team now?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is the playoffs and no team should be discounted.  I wonder though, has Denver had to REALLY step up in their 11 game win streak against a team playing well?  The last time they faced adversity was in the Pats loss.  I do not know.  If anything, wouldn't it be karma to have the AFCCG played in Denver in blowing snow and freezing temps?  Last time the Pats played in those sort of conditions on the road, if I recall correctly, Chicago, a 36 - 7 win in 2010.  Also, the last time the Pats played in Denver, 12/18/11 - a 41 - 23 win.  Would we agree they are better than that 2011 team now?

[/QUOTE]

I guess we better hope it doesn't rain, huh?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is already being discussed, but one step at a time. I think Houston holds serve at a home and clearly, they're a problem even if NE gets them at home. Let's hope Cincy grinds it out with them good, wears em down a bit, so that will hopefully help out a bit.

I do think if it is Houston in the Divisionals, Houston may come in with some doubt in their minds. Throw in cold weather, and they may not be in good shape.

As for Denver, I agree.   But, let the media fawn all over them. It sets up perfectly.  BB and Brady under the radar in the weeds, waiting to pounce.

I am getting this serious 2004 vibe right now.  NE beat Indy up good 20-3, even with the Chuck Rule Gods watching, and then walked into Pitt as they saw Pitt's bags packed for the SB.

Yep.

If I am a Denver fan, I'm cringing about the possibility of facing NE.  Denver doesn't match up well at all with NE.  BB will pull out that gameplan where they look to stop the run, take away his playaction, watch the screens, keep passes outside the hashes in the wind and cold and rattle Gomer.

Meanwhile, people like Keith Brooking will need to chase Aaron Hernandez or Gronk around.

Two players Denver didn't see in the October bludgeoning: Hernandez, Talib.  Dennard was also not starting on the outside then, either.

BB pulled his foot off the gas in the 3rd qtr not doing anything special on D with the idea this showdown may occur in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed...before Denver, Pats could be playing Houston, Baltimore or Indy in the divisionals.

I think Balty is the toughest matchup there, even if they have not been clicking on all cylinders lately. Their D, more than any other in the AFC, know how to get into Brady's head.

On offense, Flacco runs hot and cold. If he's on, he makes Ray Rice that much better. And Balty can win in the cold.

Houston (really flailing) and Indy (dome team), I'm not too worried about in January in Foxboro.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess we better hope it doesn't rain, huh?

[/QUOTE]

Just throw in some nasty weather, snow, rain, wind, freezing temps, whatever.  Brady excels in it and Manning has struggled. He doesn't have a dome to aid him this year!