Denver Hadn't Played Anyone In 2 Months

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Denver Hadn't Played Anyone In 2 Months

Totally agree.  They haven't been tested in months and it showed when the pressure was on.  Same ol' Peyton.  The little b*tch got cold and forced it into traffic one too many times.  Classic.  What happened to that feared Denver defense that we were all supposed to be so scared of?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

im not shocked, ill say that. very pleased, but not shocked.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

im not shocked, ill say that. very pleased, but not shocked.

[/QUOTE]

Same here. Too many Peyton led teams (1999, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012) have been one and done. He's had better teams that lost to lesser teams, then what happened today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Jeez if Brady played like Manning did today your head would of exploded. Throwing across his body in overtime, against the Ravens?? Dumb, just flat out dumb. Truthfully Flacco didn't look so hot either (as expected). All we have to do is win tomorrow...  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jeez if Brady played like Manning did today your head would of exploded. Throwing across his body in overtime, against the Ravens?? Dumb, just flat out dumb. Truthfully Flacco didn't look so hot either (as expected). All we have to do is win tomorrow...  

[/QUOTE]

He has.  Let's hope he doesn't tomorrow.  No 2 INT games in this postseason for Brady. If he avoids those mindnumbing decisions, we're going to the SB.  That simple, Hurlie.  Manning thinks it's about him. I warned about Moreno being his lifeblood and it's true. Manning's whole season relied on the run game setting up his ability get time.  

Dumervil's contract looks worse and worse and Von Miller is only a pass rusher. Nice job on the edges by Balt's front line blocking. Told ya.

If we're wise we'll do the same thing to Houston's front line tomorrow.

PS I am pretty sure FLacco didn't turn it over on the road which is what you want from a QB.

[/QUOTE]

Told me? Told me what?

Brady beat the very same team that Manning lost to, last year. He didn't play great, but he didn't cost his team the game like Manning did. Brady has never cost his team a game in the playoffs....he hasn't played great in all of them, but he never did what Manning did today or in the Super Bowl against the Saints.

It's all lined up for us right now - if the defense can shut down a pretty average offense tomorrow (and another one the following week) we walk right into the Super Bowl. The only problem is our offense has to go up against two pretty darn good defenses...I like our chances.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I knew this game would be close! All of my friends were laying heavy money on the Broncos. That was a bit conservative by Denver to run 3 straight times and then kick it back to the Ravens. Bill never would have done that. You go for the first down and the win right there! Also, I have to give some props to Flacco. He played on hell of a game today. Super Bowl or bust! The 49ers are starting to look absolutely monsterous today. That's may be our rematch although I can't sell Seattle short if they win they will have a good shot against the 9ers.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Well if we can finally field a healthy squad going into the Super Bowl we should win the game. There is no team that can guard all of our weapons. We will also need a huge game from the O line if we get there. Let's start by whipping the Texans tomorrow!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has.  Let's hope he doesn't tomorrow.  No 2 INT games in this postseason for Brady. If he avoids those mindnumbing decisions, we're going to the SB.  That simple, Hurlie.  Manning thinks it's about him. I warned about Moreno being his lifeblood and it's true. Manning's whole season relied on the run game setting up his ability get time.  

Dumervil's contract looks worse and worse and Von Miller is only a pass rusher. Nice job on the edges by Balt's front line blocking. Told ya.

If we're wise we'll do the same thing to Houston's front line tomorrow.

PS I am pretty sure FLacco didn't turn it over on the road which is what you want from a QB.

[/QUOTE]

Told me? Told me what?

Brady beat the very same team that Manning lost to, last year. He didn't play great, but he didn't cost his team the game like Manning did. Brady has never cost his team a game in the playoffs....he hasn't played great in all of them, but he never did what Manning did today or in the Super Bowl against the Saints.

It's all lined up for us right now - if the defense can shut down a pretty average offense tomorrow (and another one the following week) we walk right into the Super Bowl. The only problem is our offense has to go up against two pretty darn good defenses...I like our chances.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but don't tell us Brady has never blown a game or played poorly in some of these recent playoff games to tilt it in the other direction like we saw tonight with Gomer. Come on. You can't change history.  Hitler tried to do it. You can't do it.

Let's not argue please.  Please, let's not argue on the eve of a huge game.  Brady needs to make the choice to not do what Gomer did tonight.   That's it. Don't force the pass.  It's ok to eat it.

The good news is, Houston has a major matchup problem with how they defend Welker, Gronk and Hernandez. So, seriously, when the time comes to hold the ball or throw it away, or just take the sack. Don't panic. It's not a race to score 40 points.

I am telling you, the plays break because of the matchups, not because Tom Brady thinks they will happen.  This is why his control of the offense is so vital.  Gomer is done, he just doesn't realize it yet.

[/QUOTE]

So what do you think for tomorrow? I think it will be a lot closer than last time and certainly no cake walk (and personally I do worry that Houston will be more fired up for this game and take it personally). In the end I think we're the better team, and if Wilfork can play like he did against them earlier in the season we win 24-17.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

I think that it will be clearly closer, but I think the Pats methodically control the game.   Again, Houston cannot cover in the middle. It's a huge problem.

Barring turnovers by Brady or Ridley fumbling, NE has matchup advantages all over the field.

[/QUOTE]

Well the thing I like is that we've played some good teams over the last month and that's got to be an advantage for us. We are healthy and from everything I've read Houston is a pretty basic team on offense and defense (in terms of what they are trying to do). Belichick can usually eat teams like that alive...of course Philips could throw us a curve ball, but I doubt it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

So true about Denver's schedule. I also thought the ravens played as good as they possibly could today as well...especially on offense. this is proof that it doesn't matter about first meetings, everything changes in the playoffs .

i live in houston and the buzz here all week has been optimistic. The talking heads here think the houston d will shut down the pats o, and will make tb average. They also don't seem to worried about Gronk or the pats d...just like the first meeting.

i think,this game stays close...too close. In the end, I think the pats win, but I see a 7 or 3 point differentials...no blowouts, unless tb and the o come out hot, and force schaub to throw to win the game.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

yeah, you called it. I must admit to being surprised but very pleased about this one. rather play the ravens at home than go to denver, the patriots are much better than denver but i don't trust the refs.. manning is not a big game quarterback, today was another game where his team was the favorite and they lost. we've seen it over and over again throughout his career.  the medias hype about manning and the broncos has been disgusting, lots of people at espn and other outlets eating crow about now. 

the patriots have to play well tomorrow, no turnovers. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

but but but they won 11 in a  row ...... baaaaaaawhaaaa

I remember coming and posting " whom have the Broncos beat ???"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

2 things to take from tonight.

- Gomer is going home

- and we now the the Pats will go on the filed ready and ready anything can happen.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I remember making a thread about this way back when these stretch of games started for Denver. I said they could win out because of a cupcake schedule, and they did. 

It bit them now. This is why I'm happy we had the Houston and San Fransisco game towards the end of the season...a couple tough opponents to keep the Pats sharp and prevent them from getting too comfortable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

While watching the Denver game, I found myself pulling for the Broncos, in OT. There's no question in my mind that the Ravens pose a greater threat to the Pats, than the Denver Horseface's would have...even though the Pats would have had to travel to Denver. That Baltimore offense is very dangerous.

But, first things first. The Pats must not overlook the Texans. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Did you say arrogance never wins? Did YOU even say that? Fiotching wow.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts