Denver Post Draft Blog, Who are those Guys?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Denver Post Draft Blog, Who are those Guys?

I'm a Pats Fan.
     Who are these guys mentioned in the bottom of this blog taken from the Denver Post
    I grew up in the Boston area and it always seemed that the local opinion gave high ranks to the local players. Maybe justly or not! I am enclosing part of a fan blog from the Denver Post, which I have been following much in the last few weeks. This guy seems to make sense and I wonder, do you recognize any of the draft picks that he proposes? The Broncs fans are high on someone named Curry and Texas defensive end Brian Orakpo,. What's up on this out west perspective?

David C.
    Seattle, Wa.
    From the Denver Post's Fan Blog

Many of you want to Broncos to draft a QB (especially Sanchez), but that would not make this team better this year. McDaniels needs impact players for this year or else he will go on a hotter seat in 2010. He has consistently said that he will draft players that will make this team better so they can win every year. That's why I think they will take Tyson Jackson of LSU with their first pick (if he is available). Jackson is a perfect fit for the 3-4/4-3 hybrid they plan on using this year. He is athletic enough to come of the edge and rush qb or disrupt the run and is big/strong enough to move inside to DT when the scheme calls for it. Versatility is the name of the game in New England and that is what McDaniels is bringing to the Rocky Mountain region. Some of you may argue that B.J. Raji is a better fit at the 12 spot because he is a perfect player for the NT, arguably the most important position in the 3-4 defense. But Raji has been reported to have failed a drug test (for Marijuana) at the draft combine. If that is true I hope the Broncos take him off their board all together because if this kid is smoking weed knowing full well he will be tested at the combine, then he doesn't have what it takes to be a professional in the NFL.
    Well, I've written a lot here and if you've been patient enough to read this far along in my entry here I will say that there are a lot of good players to consider in the later rounds. I like LB Larry English (NUI), LB Clay Matthews Jr. (USC), LB Chris Sintim (UVA), CB Alphonso Smith (WFU), CB Sean Smith (Utah), S Louis Delmas (WMU), S William Moore (Mizzou), DT Jerry Peria (Ole Miss), RB Donald Brown (UConn), and NT Chris Baker (Hampton). If we can get a one or a few of this players on the 25th or 26th of April we should be a much improved team overall.

Timothy H

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: Denver Post Draft Blog, Who are those Guys?

if raji is at 12, he has to be their pick. there is no way that he'd last to 18. jackson on the other hand could possibly still be at their second first round pick. adding both would help solidify the Broncs DLine for years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I doubt Orakpo will be there at 12. I'd bet a month's salary that Curry isn't!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

David:

Orapko and Curry are players everybody's pretty high on right now and I would be very surprised if either were around for the 12th overall pick of the draft.

To see if McDaniels has learned anything from BB, watch the middle to later draft picks. That's where the team will actually be built on the mantra of versatility that BB has always preached.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

McDaniels is one of the two best quarterback groomers in the NFL, the other being BB.  If I were McDaniels I would grab two new QBs in the draft, and of course neither one of them would come in the first round.  The first round in the BB game plan is usually a good place to find big monster linemen like B.J. "Don't call me Rasta" Raji.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

David Seattle: Though the Broncos need a De/OLB if Raji is there they should jump on him a quickly as possible! However I think if Sanchez slips to #12 Josh will draft him in a heartbeat.Stafford is a west coast offense QB.Per your liking a linebacker at the OLB position Matthews and Cushing are probably on Josh's wish list.I don't see them drafting a RB considering they just signed Jordan and Arrington plus they added Buckhalter but you never know what a team will see after their own evaluations, as a need.

Sections
Shortcuts