Denver ready to pass on Freeney $$$ and focus on Abraham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Denver ready to pass on Freeney $$$ and focus on Abraham

They have the same agent, so it must be hard to negotiate one against the other. Seems Freeney wants same $$$ as Osi.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Denver ready to pass on Freeney $$$ and focus on Abraham

In response to rkarp's comment:

They have the same agent, so it must be hard to negotiate one against the other. Seems Freeney wants same $$$ as Osi.

Osi, Dumervil, and Freeney all had the same agent Abraham doesn't.

I hope this doesn't happen. Abraham is a much better fit for the Pats then Freeney. If the Pats are waiting for which ever pass rusher to have no other options to get the lowest possible price then to me that's very short sighted

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Source?  I've read things saying the Broncos have lost interest in Abraham.

For example the last snippet in this article http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000154120/article/dwight-freeneys-demands-complicate-broncos-deal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

yes, that is what I said, Osi and Freeney have the same agent, so it stands to reason that it is hard to negotiate one against the other. Freeney seems to think he is worth Osi money, and Osi agent is Freeneys agent.

Hearing Freeney asked for $5-$6 and Abes asked for $3-$4 putting Abes out front (I think out of Osi, Freeney and Abes, Freeney is the best pass rusher)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

yes, that is what I said, Osi and Freeney have the same agent, so it stands to reason that it is hard to negotiate one against the other. Freeney seems to think he is worth Osi money, and Osi agent is Freeneys agent.

Hearing Freeney asked for $5-$6 and Abes asked for $3-$4 putting Abes out front (I think out of Osi, Freeney and Abes, Freeney is the best pass rusher)

Disagree. Abraham is not only a better pass rusher with over 32 sacks in last 3 seasons, but he is a better football player. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Disagree. Abraham is not only a better pass rusher with over 32 sacks in last 3 seasons, but he is a better football player. 

never thought sacks were the deciding factor. teams game planned for Freeney, not so much Abes

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Freeney played OLB in a 3-4 of which he was not big enough to play and had never played in his career last season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

How come the Pats have not signed Abraham yet? He could have been signed when Dumervil was still on the market and the pursuit of Freeney by Denver failed because of enrealistic demands by Freeney. Now his price may have just been bidded up. Was it because the Pats were low balling players as usual,and now at risk for losing out on the contest for Abraham because of untimely underbidding?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

IMO Abraham is the better player. Was hoping the Patriots would sign him. it sounded like they were close a couple of weeks ago but it doesn't look like its going to happen now. I'd like to see another guy besides Jones that teams have to account for. I like Nink and think he's a good football player but don't think he keeps opposing offensive linemen up at night with worry.

wi

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I was a bit confused. You made the statement before linking Osi so I assumed you were referring to your title

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Osi, Dumervil, and Freeney all had the same agent Abraham doesn't.

I hope this doesn't happen. Abraham is a much better fit for the Pats then Freeney. If the Pats are waiting for which ever pass rusher to have no other options to get the lowest possible price then to me that's very short sighted

that's not short sighted it's their standard M.O.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

How much you really want to pay a 35 yr old. He has put up great numbers in the past few years, but ... he can't play full time any more. I like him a lot, but I don't see the Pats paying more than 2-2.5M/ on a one or two year deal. Who knows what the agent is asking for. And their are a few other areas the team may want to spend a little money on like WR and DB. They have a little flexibility, but not enough to throw money after an aged DE.

No one seems to be talking about Carter who I wouldn't mind the team checking out. Injury is behind him, and he was very good in his one year in NE and he is younger.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

How much you really want to pay a 35 yr old. He has put up great numbers in the past few years, but ... he can't play full time any more. I like him a lot, but I don't see the Pats paying more than 2-2.5M/ on a one or two year deal. Who knows what the agent is asking for. And their are a few other areas the team may want to spend a little money on like WR and DB. They have a little flexibility, but not enough to throw money after an aged DE.

No one seems to be talking about Carter who I wouldn't mind the team checking out. Injury is behind him, and he was very good in his one year in NE and he is younger.

good suggestion. wasn't he signed last year by the raiders?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 29, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT

Dwight Freeney has an idea about what the value of his next contract should look like and he’s more than willing to bide his time in hopes of getting it.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Freeney is looking for more than the contract Osi Umenyiora signed with the Atlanta Falcons earlier this week. Umenyiora’s deal is worth $8.5 million over the next two seasons. Freeney is reportedly seeking a contract in the neighborhood of $6 million a season.

Per Rapoport, Freeney is willing to wait out the market in hopes of getting the type of deal he is looking for. In addition to discussions with the Denver Broncos, Freeney is also interested in the Detroit Lions and Miami Dolphins.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 29, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT

Dwight Freeney has an idea about what the value of his next contract should look like and he’s more than willing to bide his time in hopes of getting it.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Freeney is looking for more than the contract Osi Umenyiora signed with the Atlanta Falcons earlier this week. Umenyiora’s deal is worth $8.5 million over the next two seasons. Freeney is reportedly seeking a contract in the neighborhood of $6 million a season.

Per Rapoport, Freeney is willing to wait out the market in hopes of getting the type of deal he is looking for. In addition to discussions with the Denver Broncos, Freeney is also interested in the Detroit Lions and Miami Dolphins.

Ha ha. Good luck freeney. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Freeney played OLB in a 3-4 of which he was not big enough to play and had never played in his career last season. 

Right, he can't do it. He is purely a situational pass rusher while Abraham is still an every down pass rusher. I just heard Jason Taylor echo this opinion on nfl live yesterday. 

And RKarp, yes I would say that sacks are the lead indicator in rating a pass rusher. Although being able to play the run is a bonus...something Abraham can do.

Sections
Shortcuts