Denver targeting Blount

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Denver targeting Blount

First option is to retain Moreno, but are using the option of Blount as leverage in negotiations with Moreno. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Denver targeting Blount

In response to rkarp's comment:

First option is to retain Moreno, but are using the option of Blount as leverage in negotiations with Moreno. 

That doesn't make a lot of sense.  They are completely different types of backs.  Blount could not carry Moreno's workload nor would he be as effective in the passing game.  Denver already has a stable of rotational backs that are complementary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Either could run for  6 ypc vs that pathetic patsie run D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

let them have him and overpay. he hinders ridley and boldens progression

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

Against YOUR horrid NY Jets, Horseface is good for 500+ yards in the air...they'd only run in the second half to run down the clock and stop running up the score...

And in your heart you know I'm right!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

BB should make a move on Moreno, just for laughs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Maybe it's me but Moreno ain't a bad back...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

That would be funny.. Where is Elway getting all of this cap space.. I think he is printing money.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:

In response to stinkman's comment:

That would be funny.. Where is Elway getting all of this cap space.. I think he is printing money.

Umm, he's not planning long term, so it only appears like it's cap space.  DeMarius Thomas and Welker will be off the team in 2015, for example. That leaves them with Emmanuel Sanders as their #1. Ouch.

And, we don't even know if Gomer will play past 2014.

Not planning long term?  Hmmm strange, the superbowl losing team with an aging QB and a closing window not thinking long term. Weird.  You're an idiot.   Here's how it works moron. When you have a good enough group of players to go deep in the playoffs, you do whatever you can do push for the SB win.  You think all these panic moves by BB demonstrates "long term planning" ?  Idiot.

No but Elway got caught with his pants down on Talib.. Believe me if he could have got revis on a one year deal he would have jumped at the chance.. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I like Blount, one thing when he is in predict run. Denver knew it was coming and was ready for it in Play-off. Seattle used misdirection, a lot on them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Maybe it's me but Moreno ain't a bad back...

He was average for years but then last year in his contract year, really focused and was a huge key for them as their biggest back, who also could pass receive.

That's really the key with whoever they use. Ball is probably a bit small and I am not sure of his receiving skills either. But, if he's going to fumble at that rate, it's a huge downgrade overall for them.

Moreno has the levarage, regardless.

He's good, better than Blount. But RBs are just not worth big cap hits, unless they're Peterson or maybe McCoy good. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deebz. Show deebz's posts

Go back to Mile High..your D is no better..dont fool yourself

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Blount got the perfect job last year.  He's an old beat-up guy but he got to run behind Ridley and Vereen.  Then in crunch time, Ridley messed up and got benched.  All of a sudden he's healthy and running for an offense that set an NFL all-time record for first downs in a season in 2012.  He has guys like Mankins and Solder in front of him.  He has teams dropping into nickel and dime formations because of Brady.  Finally, he had Bill Belichick and staff setting him up to succeed like he never had before.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Blount will not be on the Patriots next year.. Him and Talib are good friends Mabye he does go there.. He likes that devils lettuce out there in COL too.. Running backs are so easy to replace.. Moreno is better though. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Denver has a way of kicking NE fans , by signing our former players .  It bugs me that this will be the third player who was very productive here to be playing for them.  Plus you have the fact that he was friends with Talib .... etc.  That's a lot of patriot blood on the field on the other side.  Sucks.  The downside of free agency.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Denver has a way of kicking NE fans , by signing our former players .  It bugs me that this will be the third player who was very productive here to be playing for them.  Plus you have the fact that he was friends with Talib .... etc.  That's a lot of patriot blood on the field on the other side.  Sucks.  The downside of free agency. 

Elway loves to kill two birds with one stone. if he signs Blount, he strengthens his team, while once again hurting his chief opposition. 

Sections
Shortcuts