Denver v. Patriots: One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Denver v. Patriots: One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter

One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter

What's gonna Happen this week?

Washington ran for 170.
    what's denver gonna do?

and if tebow passes, who is going to defend a pass?

we may need to score 50 (slight sarcasm)

except denver has a decent defense.

and we better protect brady, cause they have 2 guys who want to blow up brady.

thoughts?...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Re: Denver v. Patriots: One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter

Hello bredbru

Same ole, same old, Pats try to get up early because Denver Can't score many total points, but against the Pats D? That will be interesting, indeed. The Denver D will be after Brady in a fierce way and Brady will look for his quick reads and get rid of the ball quick. Would like to see the run but in my mind the Pats will need to change up from Green-Ellis and using Ridley and Woody for speed and play action to be effective.

Have a good night..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Denver v. Patriots: One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter

In Response to Re: Denver v. Patriots: One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter:
    [QUOTE]Hello bredbru Same ole, same old, Pats try to get up early because Denver Can't score many total points, but against the Pats D? That will be interesting, indeed. The Denver D will be after Brady in a fierce way and Brady will look for his quick reads and get rid of the ball quick. Would like to see the run but in my mind the Pats will need to change up from Green-Ellis and using Ridley and Woody for speed and play action to be effective. Have a good night..
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

hey palookaski,
        thanks for the reply. yep, tebow and the offense actaully put up, what was it, 37 against the vikes. good point with the backs. that could be a strategy.
    thanks for the well wishes. same to you. 

peace

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Pats will win this one easy imo.  Denver cannot hang on points.  Just watch fellas...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Denver v. Patriots: One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter:
    [QUOTE]Pats will win this one easy imo.  Denver cannot hang on points.  Just watch fellas...
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

maybe, but our de is about last in the league. minnesota and 37 hung on them i beileve.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

38-27 Patriots.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

A bunch of people here seem to have no hope for the team.  Don't count out my Patriots.  They will surprise you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Pats win this one easy. Even garbage time points go our way this week. I see 2 pick 6's against Tebow late in the fourth. Notice i said Tebow and not the bronco's. Tebow is a one man show. nobody else matters. He does it all himself.. Unfortunately he fails miserably this week at home in front of his simple minded fans..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

The main mistake so far has been leaving it close at the end. We will eliminate that risk and go big early. Nice D but the Brady, Gronk, Wes, Hernandez, Edelman, Branch, Ocho train will be pulling out early.

BGE will have a good day

D will do what the D does, "just enough to win"

I like Tebow but "Just wan't your day kid!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

By the way, "stops playing in the 4th is not acurate" We have let a lot get too close and had to win in the 4th. Not this one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Denver has a hard time scoring points. If the Pats get more than 20, they will win. I think they will be able to beat Denver's D. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]Denver has a hard time scoring points. If the Pats get more than 20, they will win. I think they will be able to beat Denver's D. 
    Posted by BelichickDisciple[/QUOTE]

Denver may have had a tough time scoring to date. They are, however, playing the Patriots defense this week. Somehow I think the Broncos will have an easier time scoring this week.

The real question is how many points is Brady able to score on the Broncos defense and whether the OL can keep Dumervil and Miller off Brady.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

This is a good test for the Pats offense as same as how is the Pats defense playing in the 4th quarter.  Last week, Chicago lost in the game with their great defense in final 4 mins.
    The Pats have to light up the scores board in order to win.  If this is a closed game until the 4th quarter then Tebow magic might be happened again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Pats 34 Denver 10. Just saying! :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

The only thing that matters at the end of the day is, we have to be the better team that has a better day and have more points after the end of the game.  Nothing else matters.  We just have to be the better team on that day.  No matter how our defense or offense plays.  i have learned to look at all our games this way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

This thread is exactly what I was thinking after watching the games on Sunday.  The Broncos & Tebow seem to turn it on in the 4th quarter which is exactly when the Pats have been falling apart (though still winning).  The talking heads seem to think that the teams playing with the lead against the Broncos have changed their defensive approach towards the end of the game which has enabled Tebow to do his thing.....that comment worries me with this Pats D.  The answer is obviously to hang a lot of points up, but the Colts game is enough to send shivers down your spine thinking about what Tebow might do in that environment in Denver if the Pats do get a lead and let up in the 4th.  Side note: what did the Pats do differently against the run this past weekend?  They had been playing pretty stout run defensive overall, but were pretty thoroughly trounced by Helu & the Skins.  Was it a matter of just losing the one on one battles they had previously been winning?  Good gameplanning by the Skins?  Just curious what you all observed.      

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Denver v. Patriots: One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter:
    [QUOTE]One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter What's gonna Happen this week? Washington ran for 170. what's denver gonna do? and if tebow passes, who is going to defend a pass? we may need to score 50 (slight sarcasm) except denver has a decent defense. and we better protect brady, cause they have 2 guys who want to blow up brady. thoughts?...
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

I think having Spikes and Chung back help the run defense tremendously. They are both ++ run defenders. 

That could be a huge aspect here -- if they are still out there could be problems. Washington passing on NE isn't that much of a surprise, because everyone seems to. But Helu stomping NE at the sides was just shocking. How often does an opposing RB, better ones than Helu even, take over against Mayo, Spikes, Wilfork, and Chung, and Arrington who is a very good tackling CB?  

A few weeks ago I would have been a lot more sure about how well NE could defend Tebow through the air ... but the breakdowns in the secondary are alarming. 

All in all though, if things round out true to form Denver's offense matches up poorly with NE's defense, because they run so bloody much. 

NE's offense can carve their "D" up. I don't think they are as good as the Washington team NE just dropped 27 on, though in practice it's splitting hairs, because I regard both as (+) defenses playing opposite (-) offenses. The Broncos "D" lives and dies by their redzone play, so turning in a better performance than last week is key. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Denver v. Patriots: One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter : Doesn't every team WANT to blow up the opposing QB,  moron?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I had you on ignore.....took you off, read this post, and then remembered why I had you on ignore. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]A bunch of people here seem to have no hope for the team.  Don't count out my Patriots.  They will surprise you.
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

i believe they are the team of all of us. i dont know that i "have no hope".
    but thanks for the encouragement

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]This thread is exactly what I was thinking after watching the games on Sunday.  The Broncos & Tebow seem to turn it on in the 4th quarter which is exactly when the Pats have been falling apart (though still winning).  The talking heads seem to think that the teams playing with the lead against the Broncos have changed their defensive approach towards the end of the game which has enabled Tebow to do his thing.....that comment worries me with this Pats D.  The answer is obviously to hang a lot of points up, but the Colts game is enough to send shivers down your spine thinking about what Tebow might do in that environment in Denver if the Pats do get a lead and let up in the 4th.  Side note: what did the Pats do differently against the run this past weekend?  They had been playing pretty stout run defensive overall, but were pretty thoroughly trounced by Helu & the Skins.  Was it a matter of just losing the one on one battles they had previously been winning?  Good gameplanning by the Skins?  Just curious what you all observed.      
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

thanks jeff for reading and understanding my post. 
    for the rest who say denver cant score, 1 everybody scores more on us than they normally do. 2 i repeat they scored i believe 37 against minnesota's d, so unless our d improves, they theoretically could score more than that on us.
    thats whats possible. of course id like to see a 45 to 10 pats blowout.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Denver v. Patriots: One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter : I had you on ignore.....took you off, read this post, and then remembered why I had you on ignore. 
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

i dont reply or pay attention to those who have nothing to add to the conversation. if others did similarly, those who only attack will be speaking with themselves and eventually either change or move onto somewhere else that might support their behavior.

25. This post has been removed.