Denver v. Patriots: One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Denver v. Patriots: One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter

In Response to Re: Denver v. Patriots: One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Denver v. Patriots: One Team Just Wins in the 4th Quarter; 1 Team Just stops Playing in the 4th Quarter : I think having Spikes and Chung back help the run defense tremendously. They are both ++ run defenders.  That could be a huge aspect here -- if they are still out there could be problems. Washington passing on NE isn't that much of a surprise, because everyone seems to. But Helu stomping NE at the sides was just shocking. How often does an opposing RB, better ones than Helu even, take over against Mayo, Spikes, Wilfork, and Chung, and Arrington who is a very good tackling CB?   A few weeks ago I would have been a lot more sure about how well NE could defend Tebow through the air ... but the breakdowns in the secondary are alarming.  All in all though, if things round out true to form Denver's offense matches up poorly with NE's defense, because they run so bloody much.  NE's offense can carve their "D" up. I don't think they are as good as the Washington team NE just dropped 27 on, though in practice it's splitting hairs, because I regard both as (+) defenses playing opposite (-) offenses. The Broncos "D" lives and dies by their redzone play, so turning in a better performance than last week is key. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

z,
    agree with some of your points and share general sentiment. was thinking about helu and all the folks on the draft thread wanting him last year.
    oops again on the patriot draft misses.

2. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts