Deon Branch- "He’s totally about the team.’’

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Deon Branch- "He’s totally about the team.’’

I felt the "stretch the field" rhetoric was fine when the offense was the spread offense was the base offense.

What people missed in the media by saying this with regards to Welker is that NE was actually going to go back to the Weis style this season because they could.

So, you basically end up with the Weis offense from 2001-2004,  but with better overall personnel.

And, I also feel BB went out of his way to describe Branch that way as a semi-dig at Moss.   That's how I took it, anyway.

Moss is like the high maintenance girlfirend, similar to what Bill Simmons used as a correlation.

She's the best you'll ever have, it probably won't last long, you don't have a ton in common and she's sort of boring after the sex part.

Branch is the girlfriend who makes you breakfast, knows what you want and looks incredible just after waking up in a t-shirt.

Low maintenance. No distractions, focus, cerebral play.

I think the Jets are in for a rude awakening with Branch, becayse they haven't seen the Brady/Branch chemistry before.

Moss's time here, while explosive and incredible, was more deliberate.   Branch is a jack of all trades.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I never wanted to let Branch go but understood the reasoning, as the contract he received was more then his value on the market. I don't think we ever fully recovered missing a player like him. This is becoming strikingly clear the last couple weeks as I feel the O has been the most well rounded since 04' and the best since 07'. I'm starting to wonder now, how much will it cost to resign him? I doubt he'll be looking for the huge contract again. He's seen the other side maybe he'd be willing to take a Welker like contract. I'm thinking 3yrs 11mil, 5mil guarantied, worth up to 14 with incentives.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

It was never Moss's field stretching ability. It was his refusal to block when others got the ball that pissed me off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I agree with the post above. How many times did you see Wes Welker get wacked on the screen passes because Moss blew his half hearted block. Also, yes they have gone back to the more balance offense. It's now harder for teams to game plan against the Patriots because someone different each week can light you up. Against the Steelers it was Gronk. Against the Lions it was Branch. Next week Hernandez?
    Gotta love it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Now he's totally about the team.
    When they let him go he was about getting paid.

Well, he got his payday in Seattle. But after a few seasons he found out the grass wasn't greener, even though the money may have been. We also don't know how much of the situation was due to his own"demands", or how much his agent had to do with it. In any case he shouldn't be asking to break the bank this time around. He certainly has much better chemistry with Brady than he did with Hasselbeck. I'd wager Randy is sorry he crossed the line, too. Let's hope Branch lives up to the comparison with Troy Brown. As long as they don't have to ask him to play DB! But maybe he'd be better than Arrington!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

love wearing my Wes Welker/Deion Branch jersey.

that would be an 83 Branch jersey from the early 2000s haha. its perfect. 

Branch/Welker />>>>>>>>>>>>> any other duo in the NFL.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

They re-structured Branch's contract last month so he's already locked up for next yr.

"Mike Reiss reports: The restructure reduces Branch's 2011 base salary from $5.95 million and puts it closer in line with Wes Welker's base salary of $2.15 million in 2011, according to a source. Branch has a chance to earn close to an additional $2 million in incentives."

Sections
Shortcuts