Depth on this team really stood out today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Depth on this team really stood out today

Siliga, Jones, Hightower playing in Mayos spot, Harmon stepping in, Logan with his 5th pick, sacking and pressuring Flacco. Great coaching today too, as the ravens never would have expected us to commit to running the football against their dominate front 7.

Seeing this game makes you realize there is so much more to winning football games then how many big name players you have. Lose Gronk, Hern, Welker, wilfork, kelly, mayo.... you get guys behind them. Draft guys like Collins, Ryan and Harmon who stepped in and played great today! 

Big win, anything could happen!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Depth on this team really stood out today

Blount is one tough SOB,,,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It was great to see the young guys step up. Harmon looks good as a backup SS overall and Ryan should be the starting CB next to Dennard if Talib isn't resigned by far. Siliga is earning a spot on next years roster. Looking good for the young guys

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

IMO this was the best all around game I have seen in years - considering it was in Balt and all the injuries.  

This was a fun game to watch.  Amazing defense today.  Even when they gave up some plays they were close and playing with good speed.  

Offense came through everytime they needed to as well, and the Power run game by Blount and Ridley was impressive.  O line did a great job blocking and pushing for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

BEAST!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Siliga, Jones, Hightower playing in Mayos spot, Harmon stepping in, Logan with his 5th pick, sacking and pressuring Flacco. Great coaching today too, as the ravens never would have expected us to commit to running the football against their dominate front 7.

Seeing this game makes you realize there is so much more to winning football games then how many big name players you have. Lose Gronk, Hern, Welker, wilfork, kelly, mayo.... you get guys behind them. Draft guys like Collins, Ryan and Harmon who stepped in and played great today! 

it really does. there is no team that could sustain the injuries that the patriots have and still compete for the playoffs. look at teams like the texans the giants or even the colts last year... not only do they not compete for the playoffs but they also just pack it in. the patriots just keep going.. next man up. if i remember correctly back when they won their second superbowl they had a ton of injuries. troy was playing corner and they were signing guys off of the streets to fill the roster at times. it happened the next year too.

a lot of this is also because of the tremendous coaching job bb has done. even in their losses the patriots were very close to winning. they compete every game. i have to admit that i didnt think they would win today. should have known better. big win today on the road against the superbowl champs who are in must win mode.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

When many starters are mediocre, it's easy to back them up. But the D is playing pretty well considering Wilfork and Mayo are out. Those two are good. Talib makes a huge difference in this D from recent years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

IMO this was the best all around game I have seen in years - considering it was in Balt and all the injuries.  

This was a fun game to watch.  Amazing defense today.  Even when they gave up some plays they were close and playing with good speed.  

Offense came through everytime they needed to as well, and the Power run game by Blount and Ridley was impressive.  O line did a great job blocking and pushing for them.

I agree, especially considering this Baltimore teams season was at stale. We man handled the super bowl champs in thier house! Love what happens when you "commit" to running the football! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Haka : Samoan warrior dance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

When many starters are mediocre, it's easy to back them up. But the D is playing pretty well considering Wilfork and Mayo are out. Those two are good. Talib makes a huge difference in this D from recent years.

I feel a little sorry for you bud. A very little.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

better players are on the bench.  point made.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

it really does. there is no team that could sustain the injuries that the patriots have and still compete for the playoffs. look at teams like the texans the giants or even the colts last year... not only do they not compete for the playoffs but they also just pack it in. the patriots just keep going.. next man up. if i remember correctly back when they won their second superbowl they had a ton of injuries. troy was playing corner and they were signing guys off of the streets to fill the roster at times. it happened the next year too.

a lot of this is also because of the tremendous coaching job bb has done. even in their losses the patriots were very close to winning. they compete every game. i have to admit that i didnt think they would win today. should have known better. big win today on the road against the superbowl champs who are in must win mode.

Agree on all, and imo this was the best coached game of the year as well. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I think the kids at DB played better than Talib today...

Just one game but Talib must be hurt a bit...he ain't looked right over the last few games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I have to admit that I am very impressed the Pats may well end up with the second seed with all the player turnovers, key injuries and the fiasco with Hernandez this season. Great game today. Great job.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Good posts TC.  Yup, all those scrubs and reaches BB has had recently looked pretty good today

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I think the kids at DB played better than Talib today...

Just one game but Talib must be hurt a bit...he ain't looked right over the last few games.

I only saw him giving up one pass play and one bad missed tackle. Maybe I missed something but I thought Talib played fine. Flacco missed a bunch of open receivers today but he may have been hearing footsteps because the Pats got great pressure in the first half.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

historically speaking, this was one of the biggest regular season wins in Pats history, proud of the team from Belichick on down, for that huge effort on both sides of the ball in a definining win on the road. 

The number two seed is now within reach. 

Granted, Flacco was hobbled and the officials just did a horrible job (and I don't mean calls against the Pats, I mean reversing calls after flags were thrown, and meddling in the game at certain spots (Goodell needs to go). 

Still, a heck of a win. Overcoming all those injuries is amazing and yes, a testament to depth and coaching

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Depth on this team stood out today??? How can that be??? Our GM is clueless. He has zero clue regarding team buiding and should be fired! Can't draft and all his free agent signings suck. The nerve of him putting a special teams player a Wr. BB = Moron.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Siliga was a huge signing this late in the year, he has really stood out as the only run stopper we have, pray for his health because Sopoaga wasn't the answer.  Amazing signing this late, hope we keep him next year as well...

Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon were outstanding, really shows what a tremendous GM we have to find the heart of that successful Rutger's defense and carry it over to the Pro team.

Tavon Wilson scoring a TD seemed like a case of instant karma... funny how that happens isn't it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If ever there was a 'total team vicotry' this is it.  Players stepped up; good game plans on both sides of the ball.  Great win - and I hadly ever use the word 'great'.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think Harmon and Ryan, in particular, have played well all year and really stepped up when called upon this game.  And Collins is becoming a bigger contributor.  Wozzy is right about Siliga.  He's really helping with the DT problem we've had since Kelly and Wilfork both got hurt.  Baltimore's offense hasn't been great this year, and Flacco is hurt, so I don't want to draw too many conclusions from this game, but it did seem like the defense was better than it has been the past few games.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought we were pat's fans and weren't suppossed to get all juicy over regular season wins like the jets do when they beat us...was this our Super Bowl? Because for me, although I enjoyed it, I'm much more concerned about facing good offenses in the playoffs who aren't armed with a quarterback that is injured...or a runner that is too. So I'm not going to get all excited - I'm not going to call Tavon Wilson Rodney Harrison - and although I think Hightower played very well today, I've witnessed this guy get burnt in 12 games this year....and another 12 last year. I guess I'm just miserable, but I'd like to think we'd win another Super Bowl in the past decade when we have the best QB in football.

So I'm not going to pee my pants like some pink hat fan. I've seen this gig before. I will say Mankins earned his pay today though and Edelman is going to be a very rich man.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I thought we were pat's fans and weren't suppossed to get all juicy over regular season wins like the jets do when they beat us...was this our Super Bowl? Because for me, although I enjoyed it, I'm much more concerned about facing good offenses in the playoffs who aren't armed with a quarterback that is injured...or a runner that is too. So I'm not going to get all excited - I'm not going to call Tavon Wilson Rodney Harrison - and although I think Hightower played very well today, I've witnessed this guy get burnt in 12 games this year....and another 12 last year. I guess I'm just miserable, but I'd like to think we'd win another Super Bowl in the past decade when we have the best QB in football.

So I'm not going to pee my pants like some pink hat fan. I've seen this gig before. I will say Mankins earned his pay today though and Edelman is going to be a very rich man.

Only one person here hates Mankins and while his occasional 15 yard personal fouls bug me I consider him the best guard this franchise has had since john Hannah and I I hope Edleman gets rich from the Pats because i think he is a better player than Amendola so he should make as much.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Yeah, I think we all know where you stand.

Sections
Shortcuts