Depth on this team really stood out today

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Re: Depth on this team really stood out today

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought we were pat's fans and weren't suppossed to get all juicy over regular season wins like the jets do when they beat us...was this our Super Bowl? Because for me, although I enjoyed it, I'm much more concerned about facing good offenses in the playoffs who aren't armed with a quarterback that is injured...or a runner that is too. So I'm not going to get all excited - I'm not going to call Tavon Wilson Rodney Harrison - and although I think Hightower played very well today, I've witnessed this guy get burnt in 12 games this year....and another 12 last year. I guess I'm just miserable, but I'd like to think we'd win another Super Bowl in the past decade when we have the best QB in football.

So I'm not going to pee my pants like some pink hat fan. I've seen this gig before. I will say Mankins earned his pay today though and Edelman is going to be a very rich man.

[/QUOtTE

todays game had a little more meaning imo. first of all the revenge factor in playing the champs who came to gillette and  clearly beat the patriots and ended their season last year. then you have the road struggles along with all of the injuries making the patriots overwhelming underdogs. didnt every so called expert pick the ravens? vegas had the ravens too. another factor was that we havent seen the patriots play sixty minutes of football all season... with the playoffs looming it couldnt have come at a better time.  todays game showed us that the patriots can in fact contend for the superbowl. amazing when considering who they have lost to injuries. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I thought we were pat's fans and weren't suppossed to get all juicy over regular season wins like the jets do when they beat us...was this our Super Bowl? Because for me, although I enjoyed it, I'm much more concerned about facing good offenses in the playoffs who aren't armed with a quarterback that is injured...or a runner that is too. So I'm not going to get all excited - I'm not going to call Tavon Wilson Rodney Harrison - and although I think Hightower played very well today, I've witnessed this guy get burnt in 12 games this year....and another 12 last year. I guess I'm just miserable, but I'd like to think we'd win another Super Bowl in the past decade when we have the best QB in football.

So I'm not going to pee my pants like some pink hat fan. I've seen this gig before. I will say Mankins earned his pay today though and Edelman is going to be a very rich man.

[/QUOTE]

Only one person here hates Mankins and while his occasional 15 yard personal fouls bug me I consider him the best guard this franchise has had since john Hannah and I I hope Edleman gets rich from the Pats because i think he is a better player than Amendola so he should make as much.

[/QUOTE]

Cannot hold Stephen Neal's jock.  Truth.

[/QUOTE]

I like Neal, he was a great wrestler, and a very good player but Mankins has been to 5 pro bowls so far and has been all NFL several times while I don't recall Neal qualifying for either (he amy have been a pro bowl alternate though). So your opinion is more valuable then NFL coaches, Nfl players and Bill Belichick who is paying him like an elite guard. a lot more than Neal was paid. I'm not like you, I can love Neal and Mankins both as Pat players. I don't make crazy statements and have to defend them forever or at least until people forget. Remember Leigh Bodden, you said he was a top 5 cover corner right before Belichick cut him. Said it would cost the Pats and that it was a terrible move. Bodden never played another down in the NFL. Tape did not lie but you do constantly.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]

BB slam dunk Coach of the YEar and GM/Exec if the Year (w/ Caserio).

Not even close.

[/QUOTE]

Should be even though Andy Reed did a good job at Kanas City.

I hope the Pats use this game as an inspiration or example for the playoffs.  I was so mad  last Sunday because I don't see any effort of either of the side of the ball. Glad the the team turn it around. If they keeps this up, then they will make it to the Super Bowl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think we all know where you stand.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was the guy NOT thinking BJGE was headed to the hall of fame.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Only one person here hates Mankins and while his occasional 15 yard personal fouls bug me I consider him the best guard this franchise has had since john Hannah and I I hope Edleman gets rich from the Pats because i think he is a better player than Amendola so he should make as much.

[/QUOTE]

Cannot hold Stephen Neal's jock.  Truth.

[/QUOTE]

I like Neal, he was a great wrestler, and a very good player but Mankins has been to 5 pro bowls so far and has been all NFL several times while I don't recall Neal qualifying for either (he amy have been a pro bowl alternate though). So your opinion is more valuable then NFL coaches, Nfl players and Bill Belichick who is paying him like an elite guard. a lot more than Neal was paid. I'm not like you, I can love Neal and Mankins both as Pat players. I don't make crazy statements and have to defend them forever or at least until people forget. Remember Leigh Bodden, you said he was a top 5 cover corner right before Belichick cut him. Said it would cost the Pats and that it was a terrible move. Bodden never played another down in the NFL. Tape did not lie but you do constantly.

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Never uttered the words "top 5 cover corner with Bodden".

Bodden had a serious back injury which shows why he's never played anywhere else.   But, in 2008 and before, he was very good on a BAD Cleveland D.  Great signing.  

Nice 2009 season for us.   

Bodden was rated as the #14 CB in the NFL in 2009, his only season he played or us, so there is no way you could say "tape does not lie". That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

He was very good and it was confirmed by the data.

Learn facts, troll.

[/QUOTE]

The data you quoted days before Belichick cut him. I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt because you actually rated him higher than 5 after 2009. You said cutting him was a terrible move it would come back and cost them. Or how about another, McCourty is a better cornerback than Revis. You can change your name all you want. Some of us read these things while sober and can remember this stuff. You know what you are allowed to be wrong and no one will complain if you would stop being such a whiney know it all. Everyone makes mistakes. I thought Adalius Thomas was going to be unstoppable as a Pat. I was horrified when they cut him despite his subpar play in 2009. I thought he would join the Jets, readjust his attitude and kill the Pats for the next few years. You know what, I was wrong. The tape didn't lie. Not even Rex Ryan was going to take a chance on a lazy malcontent like Thomas. Admitting your wrong does not make you a bad Pats fan. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Siliga was a huge signing this late in the year, he has really stood out as the only run stopper we have, pray for his health because Sopoaga wasn't the answer.  Amazing signing this late, hope we keep him next year as well...

Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon were outstanding, really shows what a tremendous GM we have to find the heart of that successful Rutger's defense and carry it over to the Pro team.

Tavon Wilson scoring a TD seemed like a case of instant karma... funny how that happens isn't it.

[/QUOTE]

You were the guy who called for that here. Good call.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When many starters are mediocre, it's easy to back them up. But the D is playing pretty well considering Wilfork and Mayo are out. Those two are good. Talib makes a huge difference in this D from recent years.

[/QUOTE]

I feel a little sorry for you bud. A very little.

[/QUOTE]

Don't feel sorry for me. I don't kid myself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So when Hightower 'sux' it's worthy of noting, but when he plays well, it's just a "regular season game" and our "Super Bowl."  Got it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Who knew the '86 Bears defense was hiding at Rutgers?

I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg regarding the astonishing defensive domination we are about to see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Don't feel sorry for me. I don't kid myself.

[/QUOTE]

Gold.  I'm stealing that one!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

Who knew the '86 Bears defense was hiding at Rutgers?

I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg regarding the astonishing defensive domination we are about to see.

[/QUOTE]

Your best post ever.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.  Keep it up

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Probably going to see more of Harmon. DMC head injury didn't look good. We're losing captains. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Depth on this team stood out today??? How can that be??? Our GM is clueless. He has zero clue regarding team buiding and should be fired! Can't draft and all his free agent signings suck. The nerve of him putting a special teams player a Wr. BB = Moron.

Who was that "masked man" operating as a GM?

Hi hi Silver and away

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

So let me get this straight... as Pats fans we are only allowed to enjoy one win per year and that is only if we are fortunate enough to win the SB... got it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm sitting here shaking my head.  One of the better road wins that we've seen from the Pats in recent years and we can't just enjoy it.  Nope, gotta jump straight to the pi$$ing contests cuz it's much more important to win the Richard measurement contest than to actually watch and enjoy a Pats victory.

Sections
Shortcuts