Derek Cox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Derek Cox

Bye Bye Smith! Man, I wanted him here along with Goldson who was gone yesterday! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Reed seens like the next

Analysis:  The veteran safety flew in Texans chairman and CEO Bob McNair's private jet while en route to the  team's facility Thursday. Reed  reportedly told KRIV-TV in Houston that there's mutual interest and that "conversations have been great, amazing, on the same page." The Texans are the first team Reed has visited this offseason.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Bye Bye Smith! Man, I wanted him here along with Goldson who was gone yesterday! 

My god are you a pink hat.  How many teams win SBs with overpaying for the top FA at every position and plopping them onto their teams?

Goldson wanted money. He got it. Sean Smith wanted money.  He got it.

Good luck winning SBs with Josh Freeman.

Why do you consider Talib at 4 yrs for 20 a good deal but Sean Smith at 3 years for around 5 mil a year overpay?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Why I'm freaking out is because I've seen clear areas of need and have for a long time and they keep trying to fix it with patch fixes using the left over CB's once the market "settles". You know what type of players you get once the market settles? You get the players no other teams wanted and there's a reason for that. You get Fanenes and Springs and Boddens and Gaffneys and I'm tired of seeing the window get smaller and smaller and using this approach of waiting for the cheapest deal to plug holes. I actually went through it one day, did you know that they've given out over 26mil in signing bonuses to FAs and used 3 2nd rounders and 1 1st rounder in attempts to replace Samuel. We aren't talking Law here we are talking Sameul. Last year they had 22mil in dead money and over half of it came from players that only played for the team for 1 year or were cut before the reg season even started. If they took a chance and spent that money on a proven talent every so often instead of buying the six pack of blue ribbon and hoping one magically turns into Guinness we wouldn't still be looking for a replacement. I'm just frustrated with this bone headed approach that hasn't work time and time again in FA only finding 1 yr quick fixes who never get you over the top. I don't want them to go crazy but would it have killed them to spend a little money on Goldson 2 years ago when he was young and tons of potential instead of letting him get away over a difference of 1mil instead of signing Ellis to a $5mil deal? Yes they spend to the cap and no I don't want them to pull a philly or bills but when you have clear holes at the starting position you sometimes need to pay more to get the talent and get that extra push over the top then to sit back and wait for the 2nd and 3rd teir FA market to fall out. BTW, with only 3 picks in the first 3 rounds do you honestly see them making a trade for an impact player, honestly?

Pateng - I feel your pain. And I agree with you. The market is now pretty much set for corners. If the Patriots continue to bottom feed to save a few bucks and wind up getting another corener that can't play or stay healthy - they just wasted whatever investment they made in the player. I agree they need to select a guy they like that fits their system and stop dicking around waiting for the best bargain.  This "value" system is good when your speaking about roster depth but if you want championship players you have to draft them and then selectively invest in areas where your roster is weak. The Partiots need a corner, a safety, a wide reciever and a pash rusher at minimum and they need to get at least 1 of these and hopefully 2 of them via free agency. I am feeling frustrtaed too since we have been down this road before with the "Value system".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Maybe Keenan lewis is gone too

Analysis:  The former Steelers cornerback is expected to strike a deal soon with the Saints, ESPN's Adam Schefter  reported Thursday. Lewis tweeted Wednesday  he'll be visiting the Saints.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

If Nnamdi doesn't come this way what way will the patriots go with all the good CBs gone? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

My god are you a pink hat.  How many teams win SBs with overpaying for the top FA at every position and plopping them onto their teams?

Goldson wanted money. He got it. Sean Smith wanted money.  He got it.

Good luck winning SBs with Josh Freeman.

Why do you consider Talib at 4 yrs for 20 a good deal but Sean Smith at 3 years for around 5 mil a year overpay?

I didn't see what Smith got.  If that's the deal, then it's a good one for KC. I was talking more so about Goldson.

Keep in mind, some of these teams with the space need to spend to get to a floor by 2015. That can be tricky, because if you structure the deal wrong, it might bite you in 2015 and 2016.

Just saying.

So why don't you stop making comments until you know what the deal is?  Right or Wrong You just like arguing with people!  I get it.   Unbelievable!!  You are a joke!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Hey Russ...I will take a bite or two in 2015 or 2016 to win a SB in 2014...I think some others on this board may feel the same way...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts