Derrick Burgess status?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCNEPatsFan. Show NCNEPatsFan's posts

Derrick Burgess status?

Anyone have news on Derrick Burgess status on signing with the Pats?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Derrick Burgess status?

He's a UFA. The Patriots paid dearly for him a third and a 5th round pick and he wasn't worth a 7th round pick and a bag of used footballs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

trade him along with AD to the raiders or seattle

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: Derrick Burgess status?:
    trade him along with AD to the raiders or seattle
    Posted by kansaspatriot

And get what?? More picks that we won't use? We need PLAYERS!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

he is a UFA how are you going to trade him?

we may get compensatory picks for him next year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Derrick Burgess status?:
    he is a UFA how are you going to trade him? we may get compensatory picks for him next year
    Posted by tagandtrade

good enough we don't need his baggage, build for the future

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

oneifsea you have to be on something , at least I hope you are. If not your just a moron LOL! A 3rd and 5th...take another hit , then pass it before you think THIS will be the year Maroney will break out for 1300. LMFAO!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think we should definiately resign him, he was pretty good towards the end of the season. plus we had quite the investment in him 3rd and 5th round picks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Lets face it people...Burgess was pretty much a bust ...Unfortunately just like everyone else we traded for in '09 ( Greg Lewis  / Alex Smith )
      If you throw in Chung ( we traded Cassel / Vrabel for the 2nd rounder we used on Chung's so far next 2 nothn' , non-contributn' self ) and Brace ( we actually traded up with Oakland to land this "catch " ) and it's ez to see why the '09 Pats were underwhelming down the stretch ~ The Newbies did squat .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

i think we got to re-sign him if only to save face. I think he will come around and make a big impact next season

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Burgess was playing his first year as an OLB, he transitioned and he began to look comfortable in his new role towards the end of the season.  He needs to come back, AD will be gone and although I believe we pickup an OLB in the draft Burgess can take the weak side LB job.

Sections
Shortcuts