Derrick Mason no longer a priority for Ravens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

D. Mason.jpgDerrick Mason may have overplayed his hand.

Apparently looking for more upfront money than the Ravens were prepared to give, re-signing Mason is no longer a priority for Baltimore, according to the Baltimore Sun.

The Ravens offered a two-year deal for Mason before free agency started, and he didn't accept.  Baltimore has since acquired Anquan Boldin, who is also a possession receiver.  Mason may have to look elsewhere for the contract he wants.

Mason hasn't set up any visits in free agency, although the Patriots and Dolphins reportedly have some interest.  New England tried to sign Mason a few years back, but his wife wasn't wild about moving to Foxborough.

We wonder what she thinks about South Beach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/06/derrick-mason-no-longer-a-priority-for-ravens/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from InaPatsstateofmind. Show InaPatsstateofmind's posts

Re: Derrick Mason no longer a priority for Ravens

His wife is a obviously a dope..Baltimore among the highest in crime rate

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This guy is 36 years old you know! I mean sooner rather than later his wheels are gonna come off, if there not already. I know he had 76 catches last year, but how can he keep on going, this is the nfl, not an annual thanksgiving game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF ANY F.A.'S THE PATRIOTS HAVE BROUGHT IN FOR A VISIT..I'VE LOOKED A LOT OF PLACES AND I FIND NOTHING....THANKS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Derrick Mason no longer a priority for Ravens:
    The Ravens offered a two-year deal for Mason before free agency started, and he didn't accept Posted by Hoier

he was stupid,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Of all the guys that are potentially available at the WR position, I think Mason makes the most sense.  Veteran guy, still productive, could be even better with Moss drawing coverage away and TB throwing the ball to him. 

I'd like to see Randle El and Coles get looks too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Totally agree Mb. He'd be a good system fit, and he would be where Brady wanted him and needs him to be (unlike galloway). Hopefully he smartens up and doesn't listen to his wife this time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

as guys we all know the v@gina(why cant i say that???!! its the technical term!!! motherEFFERS) is a h3!L of a drug... dont listen to wifey and the nagging plus the lack of action will make that stress built up till you have to pull a tiger woods and the media is there like vultures to a dead corpse cameras rolling microphones working overtime... cant say i blame him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Him being 36 is very scary esp for being a possession reciever. That body has a ton of wear and tear on it. I also think the stats are a bit misleading since other then the TE's he was basically the only pass catching threat for Balt over the years so he had the majority of balls thrown to him. I wonder how many balls would have gone his way if they had a #1 wr opposite of him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

NOOOOOO! Antonio Bryant should be the receiver the Pats go after with all their might. This guy is Brandon Marshall with considerably less talent, but then again, Marshall is an elite WR so take it with a grain of salt. 

Antonio is 28, fast, great hands, great route runner, Marshall-like build, damn good WR. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Compared to Patten, Mason is an All-Pro!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: Derrick Mason no longer a priority for Ravens:
    Totally agree Mb. He'd be a good system fit, and he would be where Brady wanted him and needs him to be (unlike galloway). Hopefully he smartens up and doesn't listen to his wife this time.
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

They have Patriot Place now, much easier to shop now.  He'd be a fit especially since he can be both a possession and a longer route WR.  If they sign both he and Josh Reed they'd be very good at WR.  Basically the other good options for this role are Gaffney and Branch.  Gaffney is signed and Branch is oft injured.

The Pats are bringing in Reed, as mentioned in another thread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

Mason is tease. he'll make three real tough catches and then drop a wide open toss in the end zone for the go ahead touchdwn and you'll have to settle for a field goal. I like Reed, he is a little more consistent than Mason but he too has a habit of dropping passes when open. But they are both tough over the middle receivers which could ease the void of losing WW. All I can say about him chosing the Ravens over the Pats the last time is that if you meet his wife you'd understand the thought process.