Derrick Mason Retires

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Derrick Mason Retires

Big loss for the Baltimore Ravens, wonder how much of the McNair tragedy went towards this decision.

Derrick Mason surprisingly announced his retirement from pro football Monday.
    The announcement comes on JockLife.com, a website owned by Mason's agents Peter Schaffer and Lamont Smith. It's legit. Mason was coming off shoulder surgery and requested a pay raise this offseason, but says this decision is based more on emotions. "Emotionally I am just not that enthused." Assuming he doesn't change his mind, the Ravens are woefully thin at wideout with Mark Clayton and Demetrius Williams atop the depth chart. Mason finishes his career with 790 catches, good for 23rd all time. Jul. 13 - 5:14 pm et

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

Re: Derrick Mason Retires

In Response to Derrick Mason Retires:
    [QUOTE]Big loss for the Baltimore Ravens, wonder how much of the McNair tragedy went towards this decision. Derrick Mason surprisingly announced his retirement from pro football Monday. The announcement comes on JockLife.com, a website owned by Mason's agents Peter Schaffer and Lamont Smith. It's legit. Mason was coming off shoulder surgery and requested a pay raise this offseason, but says this decision is based more on emotions. "Emotionally I am just not that enthused." Assuming he doesn't change his mind, the Ravens are woefully thin at wideout with Mark Clayton and Demetrius Williams atop the depth chart. Mason finishes his career with 790 catches, good for 23rd all time. Jul. 13 - 5:14 pm et
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if Marvin Harrison lands there. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

It's a fit for Harrison.  Isn't he from the area?  Philly I think....at least that is where he shot a dude lol.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Mason had 80 receptions last year for over 1000 yards so this is a big lose for the ravens. They will need a new #1 WR or they are in trouble. They might bring in Matt "I do coke" Jones or a Marvin Harrison but the thing with Harrison is he might go to the UFL along with Derek Brooks and some other veterans who cant find work. I wouldnt be shocked if Shawn Alexander also went to the UFL.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If he retired and then tried to sign with the Pats he could be sued by Baltimore and so could we. wont happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsey93-. Show bigsey93-'s posts

I'm not surprised Mason decided to retire, I just question the timing. I mean, 3 weeks until camp opens? In that respect I think Mason really screwed the Ravens over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Seems kinda the fantasy football classic sleeper pick for those later rounds... e.g., somehow a guy like this who could give you 1000 and 5 would always get overlooked for a while because of his age or QB or otherwise... Always made for a great #2/3 WR, and it didn't seem to matter if his QB wasn't very good... Probably one of those 'Hall of Very Good' guys, probably would have ended up at around 15 in all-time receiving yards and receptions if he played this year and next...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

didnt he also have shoulder surgery this off-season

maybe he didnt think he could be as good again

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

WHere do the Ravens go from here is the question, do they make a play for a moron like Plexico Burress or do they bring in another moron like Matt "I snort coke" Jones formally of the Jags? Or Marvin Harrison? They need a better WR option no doubt or they cant kiss their season good bye.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well they'd be right up there with the Jets as far as receiving threats.

Sections
Shortcuts