Derrick Mason

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Derrick Mason

Nice avatar mccheaters. Kind of looks like Sancheeze with the casual, yet feminine hip/knee bend. Talk to me about Price, Edelman and Tate after you find a way to shut down CJ, Branch, Welker and Gronkowski.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Derrick Mason:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Derrick Mason : Still waiting for Edleman, Tate & Price to develop?  Maybe Galloway and Holt could come in and help tutor them.
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

We have Hernandez and Branch. Price is also getting great reports from camp so far but since he hasn't proven anything yet I won't count him.

BTW I didn't count Gronk, Welker, or Ocho because you have Keller, Holmes, Plax. Who are you're WR's behind Holmes and Plax again?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I still don't get why the Jets got rid of Cotchery, he is/was a solid receiver for them and he always played well against the Patriots. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

Jets looking a little thin at WR

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

That can't be.  It has to be a mistake!  I heard the players were beating down the door to play for Fat Rex and for little or no money.  In fact, I heard the players were even willing to pay Rex for the privilege.
    Maybe that's how they made cap.  Gotta be!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]I still don't get why the Jets got rid of Cotchery, he is/was a solid receiver for them and he always played well against the Patriots. 
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]

Love the avatar myaim45.  I have an urge to like my monitor every time I see it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jets, Ravens or Titans? Derrick Mason will pick this weekend

Derrick MasonAP

Free agent wide receiver Derrick Mason is weighing offers from the Jets, Ravens and Titans and will choose his next team this weekend.

“I can go to places where they can win immediately,” Mason said, per Jamison Hensley of the Baltimore Sun. “I have some options and I’ll make a decision based on what is good for my family and my career. I will make a decision quickly because I want to be in somebody’s camp soon. I’ll make one within the next 48 hours.”

Mason was cut by Baltimore shortly after the lockout ended, but the Ravens always said they’d be interested in having him back at a reduced salary. He visited the Jets this week and was reportedly close to signing. He started his career with the Titans.

The 37-year-old Mason started 15 games and caught 61 passes for 802 yards and seven touchdowns last season.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

The funny thing is that Cotch asked to be traded/released.

Plaxiglass is far from an improvement over Edwards...

Mason might not even be an option...

They are looking to start the season with Holmes #1, Plax as #2 and who as #3? #4? #5????

lol.

The Yets have most definitelly improved this year... ROFL!

McPhatty, read this, its from your own teams fan site, TGG
    http://www.theganggreen.com/2011/08/05/flight-boys-no-more

I quote" Braylon Edwards, who supposedly wanted too much money, signed with the 49ers for $1M base salary and incentives that could go up to $3.5M if Edwards catches 90 passes and gets selected to the Pro Bowl. The chances of that are slim to none, so Edwards essentially signed for just $1M. The Jets, meanwhile, agreed on a $3M contract with Plaxico Burress, who hasn't played football since 2008 and his last productive season was in 2007. Although it now appears that Edwards will be suspended for at least a couple of regular season games, choosing Burress over him is a huge gamble. Edwards, 28, is pretty much in his prime, while rusty almost 34-year old Burress might have nothing left in his tank.

If the Edwards/Burress situation wasn't enough, it got even worse yesterday when the Gang Green released Jerricho Cotchery without having a replacement in place. At first it looked like free agent WR Derrick Mason was surely going to sign with the Jets to be their #3 receiver, but Mason then made a U-turn, telling the Jets that he had other offers to think over. By letting Cotchery go before securing his replacement, the Jets left themselves with no leverage to Mason's agents, who now know that the Gang Green are desperate to fill the void left by Cotchery.

So, last year's solid wide receiver core is pretty much gone and replaced with rusty question marks and unproven rookies. The team surely still has plenty of talent to make another Super Bowl run this season. But fans do have to wonder about Mike Tannenbaum's strategy in this year's free agency, which has been one of the worst, if not the worst, for the Jets in recent years."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

lol, Your O has gotten MUCH weaker in terms of that passing attack.

Holmes is back, Keller is as well. LT is a year older. Braylon />>>Plax
    Cotch />>>Mason if you get Mason. Who else is catching passes in that offense?

Holmes, Keller, Plax if he stays healthy, LT...? Rookie WR's have a lot of trouble contributing year one unless they are studs and I really doubt the Yets hit gold with the two WR's they drafted. But hey, you can pray, right?

Your "fan Forum" if you will, is hatting on Tanny for this disaster of a free agency.

"But fans do have to wonder about Mike Tannenbaum's strategy in this year's free agency, which has been one of the worst, if not the worst, for the Jets in recent years." Straight off TGG.

Your dillusional if you think your Yets have improved this offseason and you continue to show that you are dillusional every time you post so do your self a favor and sign out.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

[ BTW, just how good do you think that 28th ranked pass D is going to be in 2011?  Are you really woried that Holmes, Keller, & LT couldn't do the job with no other receivers on the field?  LT in his first season, Holmes in his first in 12 games both get 50 catches.  Keller will have 70-80 this year... you must have missed the article about Keller and Tom Moore.    
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

...well the 28th rated pass D will be better with a) the addition of Haynesworth on the D-line which will apply a tremendous amount of pressure on the QB coinciding with b) the return of a healthy Leigh Bodden, who has been tearing it up in camp so far and c) the further maturation of one of the youngest Defenses in football.  Also - don't forget a revamped Pats running game which will take plenty of focus away from your boy Revis.  PS - Tom Moore had a guy named Peyton Manning to work with.  Sanchez ain't Peyton Manning, but if you're expecting equal results, go back to your padded room and pat yourself on the back for having usch a vivid imagination.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Derrick Mason just signed with the Jets....Holmes/Burress out wide, Mason in the slot.

Ok Pats fans, what do you think? I got to think overall, the Jets passing attack is a bit more lethal, even with a 37 year old Mason and Burress 2+ years removed from playing...Is Mason/Burress <= /> Crotchery/Smith/Edwards?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

37 year old slot receiver - good luck with that!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

So, McPhatty, are the 2011 Yets receivers better then the ones from last year?

Lets see how dillusional you really are, phatty.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I think this shows how worried fat Rex is. He knows the Pats pass rush is going to be much improved with Haynesworth. He knows he cant afford having his recievers jammed at the line of scrimmage, so he is bringing in physical recievers (albiet, old and at the end of thier careers) in the hopes that it wont happen. To me, it shows his desperation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LOL, Jets fans very excitied about this signing. Um, okay!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

What is to be excited about? I mean the Jets still aren't going to the SB so nothing new there.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts