DerrickBurgess Heading To The Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

DerrickBurgess Heading To The Pats?

IM new to this so bare with me,but it looks like Derrick Burgess could be heading the pats way.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/15/greg-ellis-picks-the-raiders/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Re: DerrickBurgess Heading To The Pats?

I really hope they sign Burgess. He is younger and way better than Ellis. He has been to two pro Bowls and the only reason he is not a superstar is the fact he plays for the Raiders. In my opinion he is a beast at OLB, and Im sure he could have 1 or 2 seasons i NE at pro bowl level. What a defense with Adalius Thomas, Mayo and Burgess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Vladetheimpaler:You may be new to posting but thats how you do it by including a link to support your statement.Yes Burgess would be a great addition to the Patriots and I'm sure that the Patriots and Raiders have had talks already regarding the compensation the Raiders would want in return,my guess is a 2nd round pick and a player and the trade is made within the week if there is a deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect81. Show mosseffect81's posts

with burgess,I have to beleive the pats defense will be set.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Do we have the cap room would be my first question.  I don't know or have a clue what the Pats would have to do to get the cap space required.

I suspect that Belichick has an answer for the pass rush.  Why else would you get rid of Vrabel?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Greg Ellis just signed with the Raiders, maybe something is up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

IM new to this so bare with me,but it looks like Derrick Burgess could be heading the pats way. http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/15/greg-ellis-picks-the-raiders/
    Posted by Vladtheimpaler1

This is speculation from Mike Florio.....it means nothing.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This is speculation from Mike Florio.....it means nothing.....
    Posted by m1020us

It is confirmed the Pats were interested in Burgess. It is confirmed the Raiders are trying to trade Burgess. Therefore, it is likely the Pats will aquire him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Depends on the price. 

Crable is back out of BB's doghouse.  He'll be a force, if Pierre Woods doesn't stay ahead of him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

With regards to Crable...not good when a third round draft choice misses his entire rookie season with an injury...and than lands in BB's doghouse in year two.

This kid has earned the B...U...S...so far...and is just the "T" away from being gone. It would seem to me that a guy in such a position should have some sense of ergency...and should be working extra hard at pleasing his coach.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Do we have the cap room would be my first question.  I don't know or have a clue what the Pats would have to do to get the cap space required. I suspect that Belichick has an answer for the pass rush.  Why else would you get rid of Vrabel?
    Posted by garytx

Wouldn't we just have to pick up his 2.2 mil salary for this year?  I thought this was the last year of his contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

He would be a great addition and, if it were only for $2.2m, we could be in the ballgame.  If he gets signed say goodbye to Kaczur.  Not sure if that going to break anyone's heart but they would carry around a near eqaul cap charge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Crable in BB's doghouse???

What did I miss???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

When has crable ever been in BB's dog house? I have read nothing but good things about this kid. Is there anything resent that I have not seen?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

It is confirmed the Pats were interested in Burgess. It is confirmed the Raiders are trying to trade Burgess. Therefore, it is likely the Pats will aquire him.
    Posted by BabeParilli

You were correct in saying that the Pats were interested in him.....BEFORE THE DRAFT.  As Mike Reise said, the Pats have shown 0 interest in him after the draft.

Maybe the Raiders were asking too much than the Pats are willing to part with....who knows.

Again, it is a Mike Florio article....pure speculation....he is right about 5-10% of the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

With regards to Crable...not good when a third round draft choice misses his entire rookie season with an injury...and than lands in BB's doghouse in year two.      This kid has earned the B...U...S...so far...and is just the "T" away from being gone. It would seem to me that a guy in such a position should have some sense of ergency...and should be working extra hard at pleasing his coach.   
    Posted by TexasPat3

1)  When and How did he land in the dog house?  This is news that nobody has heard.

2) You said the kid has earned B.U.S....but if you are trying to spell the word that Maroney is on....it would be B.U.S.T.A.L.I.T.I.O.U.S.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Posted by BabeParilli

Not necessarily. There are plenty of examples of times that one team wants to get rid of a player and another team wants that player but the terms just don't match up.

I'm not saying that it's not going to happen, but I don't know how likely it is anymore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

With regards to Crable...not good when a third round draft choice misses his entire rookie season with an injury...and than lands in BB's doghouse in year two.      This kid has earned the B...U...S...so far...and is just the "T" away from being gone. It would seem to me that a guy in such a position should have some sense of ergency...and should be working extra hard at pleasing his coach.   Posted by TexasPat3

Pat, it 's apparent that you are aware of information that I am not. Would you kindly retort as to where and how you determined that Crable is in BB's doghouse? Other bloggers are as ignorant to as am I regarding this subject. Thanks!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Pat, it 's apparent that you are aware of information that I am not. Would you kindly retort as to where and how you determined that Crable is in BB's doghouse? Other bloggers are as ignorant to as am I regarding this subject. Thanks!!
    Posted by sonieboy

I was responding to a previous post from Paul K: "Crable is back out of BB's doghouse.  He'll be a force, if Pierre Woods doesn't stay ahead of him." I recall reading an article awhile back which stated something about Crable being in B's doghouse.

Lets' hope that Crable is healthy...and develops into the type of player that the Pats' projected him to be when they drafted him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Sonie:

Heres' the "doghouse" article: http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/patriots_journal_0426.
    113f6e32b.html

Its' been my experience that whenever BB refers to one of his players as "the player", instead of by his name...that BB is extremely displeased with that particular player. 

When asked about Crable subsequent to this years' draft, and about a player improving from year one to year two, heres'  what BB said:

BB:
    I think that the player at this point in time can do things to prepare [himself] for when he does go out on the field, and that’s physically, film study, meeting with the coaches, having a better understanding of the system. Certainly a rookie player, whether they played or not, that’s been in our program for a year knows a lot more and is a lot better prepared for all the things that he’ll be doing both on and off the field, in the classroom, in practices and all that than he was a year ago when he walked in cold. I think the whole mental and physical process is really accelerated in the second year relative to the first year because they know a lot more about what to expect, what they need to work on, what their weaknesses are, where they’re deficient, where they need help: coaches, technique, training, whatever it happens to be. I think any player that is open to that, works hard at it and tries to address it will make significant improvements. Hopefully, that’s what they’ve all done and we will see that when we get back on the field. We won’t be able to measure that until we get out there. I think you can gain a lot of ground between the end of the season, at whatever point those players played to last season, to where they will be at the start of this year.

This quote came about during a press conference on 4/26/09: http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=videonewsdetail&pid=37094&pcid=155

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

TEX-I heard that Crable was praised last week by BB for not missing any time.  I think he was in the doghouse, but he has been putting in time.  Maybe BB's message was delivered.  Obviously, our linebackers should look to Tedy and Mayo as shining examples for what to do in preparation. 

QUOTE]     Sonie:      Heres' the "doghouse" article: http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/patriots_journal_0426. 113f6e32b.html      Its' been my experience that whenever BB refers to one of his players as "the player", instead of by his name...that BB is extremely displeased with that particular player.       When asked about Crable subsequent to this years' draft, and about a player improving from year one to year two, heres'  what BB said: BB: I think that the player at this point in time can do things to prepare [himself] for when he does go out on the field, and that’s physically, film study, meeting with the coaches, having a better understanding of the system. Certainly a rookie player, whether they played or not, that’s been in our program for a year knows a lot more and is a lot better prepared for all the things that he’ll be doing both on and off the field, in the classroom, in practices and all that than he was a year ago when he walked in cold. I think the whole mental and physical process is really accelerated in the second year relative to the first year because they know a lot more about what to expect, what they need to work on, what their weaknesses are, where they’re deficient, where they need help: coaches, technique, training, whatever it happens to be. I think any player that is open to that, works hard at it and tries to address it will make significant improvements. Hopefully, that’s what they’ve all done and we will see that when we get back on the field. We won’t be able to measure that until we get out there. I think you can gain a lot of ground between the end of the season, at whatever point those players played to last season, to where they will be at the start of this year.      This quote came about during a press conference on 4/26/09: http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=videonewsdetail&pid=37094&pcid=155
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kanuho19. Show kanuho19's posts

I do not want derrick burgess play for the pats!!!i think pierre woods will be a good pass rush this yeah!!!pierre will have 10 more sack? so pats are fine with olb wood, thomas, mlb Tedy, mayo, rotation with eric and guyton!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]TEX-I heard that Crable was praised last week by BB for not missing any time.  I think he was in the doghouse, but he has been putting in time.  Maybe BB's message was delivered.  Obviously, our linebackers should look to Tedy and Mayo as shining examples for what to do in preparation.  QUOTE]     

Hope you're right, Kitty. The Pats really need to get some production out of Crable/Vince Redd this year. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Sonie:      Heres' the "doghouse" article: http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/patriots_journal_0426. 113f6e32b.html      Its' been my experience that whenever BB refers to one of his players as "the player", instead of by his name...that BB is extremely displeased with that particular player.       When asked about Crable subsequent to this years' draft, and about a player improving from year one to year two, heres'  what BB said: BB: I think that the player at this point in time can do things to prepare [himself] for when he does go out on the field, and that’s physically, film study, meeting with the coaches, having a better understanding of the system. Certainly a rookie player, whether they played or not, that’s been in our program for a year knows a lot more and is a lot better prepared for all the things that he’ll be doing both on and off the field, in the classroom, in practices and all that than he was a year ago when he walked in cold. I think the whole mental and physical process is really accelerated in the second year relative to the first year because they know a lot more about what to expect, what they need to work on, what their weaknesses are, where they’re deficient, where they need help: coaches, technique, training, whatever it happens to be. I think any player that is open to that, works hard at it and tries to address it will make significant improvements. Hopefully, that’s what they’ve all done and we will see that when we get back on the field. We won’t be able to measure that until we get out there. I think you can gain a lot of ground between the end of the season, at whatever point those players played to last season, to where they will be at the start of this year.      This quote came about during a press conference on 4/26/09: http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=videonewsdetail&pid=37094&pcid=155
    Posted by TexasPat3

Pat, thanks for the reply.

Sections
Shortcuts