Describe your avatar and screen name

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Describe your avatar and screen name

I don't recall this being done before and if it has then I appoligize,  and we don't need to do it again and can just let the thread die.

I'm curious why people pick the avatar's and screen names they do.  I assume they are hobbies or favorite players or something you find funny.

Mine is easy, Big TFB fan.

Care to explain yours?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Re: Describe your avatar and screen name

Mine is simple...."There's more in life than just football" and I really liked the gesture of the team, the unity, mental toughness throughout the organization...and I also lost my father during that time...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

Mine is simple...."There's more in life than just football" and I really liked the gesture of the team, the unity, mental toughness throughout the organization...and I also lost my father during that time...

Nice!  Sorry about your Dad!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My avatar is just a pic I happen to like.  It was taken while on vacation in Italy a couple of years ago at some Greek ruins about 90 minutes south of Naples.  Screen name is my initials (yeah, I know, really creative).

Condolences on the loss of your Dad, leonardo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I was just watching a Family Guy episode one night that was centered Quagmire, and he had me laughing so hard I said what the heck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

I was just watching a Family Guy episode one night that was centered Quagmire, and he had me laughing so hard I said what the heck.

Not surprised

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

My avatar is my son's H.S. logo. I started out on the Bruins board hence the screen name. I got meet Stan several times growing up and he was a great guy who always had time for Bruin fans. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

My avatar is just a pic I happen to like.  It was taken while on vacation in Italy a couple of years ago at some Greek ruins about 90 minutes south of Naples.  Screen name is my initials (yeah, I know, really creative).

Condolences on the loss of your Dad, leonardo.

ATJ I was thinking your picture looked like it was from Pompei.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

From the NFL Rulebook:

The ball shall be made up of an inflated (12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds) urethane bladder enclosed in a pebble grained, leather case (natural tan color) without corrugations of any kind. It shall have the form of a prolate spheroid and the size and weight shall be: long axis, 11 to 11 1/4 inches; long circumference, 28 to 28 1/2 inches; short circumference, 21 to 21 1/4 inches; weight, 14 to 15 ounces.

Since we can't use two words, I used a 0 for the space character, mostly because a 0 happens to be a prolate spheroid . . . 

My current avatar is pretty obvious . . . just the logos of my favourite NFL team (Pats of course) and my favourite CFL team (Argos), along with the league logos.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Love my Harley man

100_0580.JPG.jpg

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Easy to figure mine out.Original I didn't have a picture

Just a name that I think most of you hated.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I really don't know why I picked my name...guess I wanted something with Boston in it lol.

As for the avatar, I went to BC as an undergraduate and I have season tickets to the football and hockey games (and I attend some basketball games when I can). Despite only being good at hockey lately, I still love the school and their sports teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

From the NFL Rulebook:

The ball shall be made up of an inflated (12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds) urethane bladder enclosed in a pebble grained, leather case (natural tan color) without corrugations of any kind. It shall have the form of a prolate spheroid and the size and weight shall be: long axis, 11 to 11 1/4 inches; long circumference, 28 to 28 1/2 inches; short circumference, 21 to 21 1/4 inches; weight, 14 to 15 ounces.

Since we can't use two words, I used a 0 for the space character, mostly because a 0 happens to be a prolate spheroid . . . 

My current avatar is pretty obvious . . . just the logos of my favourite NFL team (Pats of course) and my favourite CFL team (Argos), along with the league logos.  

Hey, I know you said you're a Leafs fan in another thread. Out of curiosity, are you a Sox or Jays fan (if you're into baseball at all)?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think Rocco Francis Marchegiano bests represents what's best about Boston sports, he is the only heavyweight champion to go untied and undefeated throughout his career, the only other picture I would consider having would be Bill Russell.  My father's side of the family hail from Brockton so I learned to fight and about the Brockton Blockbuster at a young age.  My screen name is my nickname.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

From the NFL Rulebook:

Hey, I know you said you're a Leafs fan in another thread. Out of curiosity, are you a Sox or Jays fan (if you're into baseball at all)?

I grew up in New England and have always been a Sox fan, though like I told Rusty yesterday, I gave up on baseball pretty much altogether after Grady Little failed to pull Pedro in game 7 of the 2003 ALCS.  The Sox of course won the World Series the next year without me watching, so I decided I must have been the curse and it was better for the team if I just continued ignoring them.  Since moving to Toronto I've become a casual Jays fan, going to the games periodically (the Rogers Centre is right near where I work, so I sometimes go with work buddies after work), but really sort of weakly follow both the Sox and Jays. I was at the Sox-jays game when Buchholz was accused of doctoring the ball a week or so ago.  Was sort of neutral in the game.  I really find it hard to root against either team and sort of want both to win.  Too bad they're in the same division . . . would be nice if the Jays were an NL team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Cool thread, tfb.

I was originally BelichicksDisciples7, which speaks for itself.  That's my fantasy football team name as well.  I came here in 2008 but didn't post as much as I do now.  

I switched it to IrishMob7 back in 2010.  Pretty self-explanatory once again, and I take a lot of pride in my heritage.  I got the "mob" part from my favorite movie, The Departed.  The 7 in both of my names is a tribute to one of my best buds who passed away during my junior year of high school.  We had played baseball together since we were about 6 years old and he was #7 so I pay homage to him when I can.

And obviously in the wake of the marathon attacks, I thought it was appropriate to go with the Boston Strong logo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

PatsEng is simply Patriots Engineer because I am an engineer. I know some think it means english, which is actualy UK not Eng, but the abriviation for engineer is Eng.

As for my avatar I just had it when Tebow was with the Bronco's and people were worshipping him like Jesus. So, I named the cat in the pic Wilfork because he was going to break him(and he did)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I started posting here after 2006 when the refs handed Peyton a superbowl in the infamous " face guarding" fiasco by Ellis Hobbs in the ndzone that gave the colts the ball at the 1. The Pats with perhaps the worst offense they ever fielded would have won a 4rth SB in 6 years against a weak Chicago team. I was so bitter about it I had to talk it out with fellow fans. I felt like we were the true champions in 2006 and really it would have solidified us as the greatest dynasty in NFL history. I rather would have won in 06 then gone 19-0 in 07, the 06 team speaks volumes on why coaching and execution beats out talent every time. What that team did was special.

Btw, I lost my account at some point and had to start over in 09...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Super Bowl vs Giants...i was trying to will Gronk in crushing Gints...screen name pretty obvious..p.s. avatar was created by TFB ...i gave him the idea and he did the rest...he does awesome work. Thanks TFB

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm a huge Mindy Cohn fan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I want to see Patriots wining super bowls!!!!!!!!