Describe your avatar and screen name

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Re: Describe your avatar and screen name

Two thing i love... Tolken's hobbit series and the Pats... A little photoshop but no where near as good as TB12 and poof an avatar and name

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Name was a cheesy play on words....... avatar, my daughter dug up somewhere online, it is an F15 eagle which happens to be the fighter I build and I thought it was a cool pic, too!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Well ive been reading these boards for years and finally had to make an account to read the board. I wasnt that creative, AP is my initials. Pats because theyre my favorite boston sports team and 21 is my lucky number. My avatar was originally this

BostonProSportsLover

but BostonProSportsLover started using it. So i wouldnt be mistaken for that nut i changed to Dobson's amazing one handed, back handed catch back at Marshall.

LOL!! Wise choice my friend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Awesome stuff guys, thanks for posting in here.  Some fun info to read.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

I was just watching a Family Guy episode one night that was centered Quagmire, and he had me laughing so hard I said what the heck.

I have no idea how you did it but you avitar is the only animated avitar on here.  I tried to make and use an animated avitar but it won't work on here.  I tried several and still no luck. Very cool!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

My names phil w and I couldn't spell toboggan.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

My avatar is just a pic I happen to like.  It was taken while on vacation in Italy a couple of years ago at some Greek ruins about 90 minutes south of Naples.  Screen name is my initials (yeah, I know, really creative).

Condolences on the loss of your Dad, leonardo.

Nice one.  A photo of hot chick you seen while there would have been nice too.  Just saying, LOL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Who doesn't love Jugde Elihu Smails... Top Notch... Top Notch...

"Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
    and you've got the stock market beat
    but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile
    when his shorts are too tight in the seat."

I crack a smile everytime I see your avatar.  Great movie!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

From the NFL Rulebook:

The ball shall be made up of an inflated (12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds) urethane bladder enclosed in a pebble grained, leather case (natural tan color) without corrugations of any kind. It shall have the form of a prolate spheroid and the size and weight shall be: long axis, 11 to 11 1/4 inches; long circumference, 28 to 28 1/2 inches; short circumference, 21 to 21 1/4 inches; weight, 14 to 15 ounces.

Since we can't use two words, I used a 0 for the space character, mostly because a 0 happens to be a prolate spheroid . . . 

My current avatar is pretty obvious . . . just the logos of my favourite NFL team (Pats of course) and my favourite CFL team (Argos), along with the league logos.  

Well done!  I like it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I think Rocco Francis Marchegiano bests represents what's best about Boston sports, he is the only heavyweight champion to go untied and undefeated throughout his career, the only other picture I would consider having would be Bill Russell.  My father's side of the family hail from Brockton so I learned to fight and about the Brockton Blockbuster at a young age.  My screen name is my nickname.

My favorite fight of all time was the Marvelous one, Marvin Hagler.  Originally from Newark, NJ he moved to Brockton at age 13 I believe and fought out of Brockton with the Petronelli Bros.  Are you a big boxing fan?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Cool thread, tfb.

I was originally BelichicksDisciples7, which speaks for itself.  That's my fantasy football team name as well.  I came here in 2008 but didn't post as much as I do now.  

I switched it to IrishMob7 back in 2010.  Pretty self-explanatory once again, and I take a lot of pride in my heritage.  I got the "mob" part from my favorite movie, The Departed.  The 7 in both of my names is a tribute to one of my best buds who passed away during my junior year of high school.  We had played baseball together since we were about 6 years old and he was #7 so I pay homage to him when I can.

And obviously in the wake of the marathon attacks, I thought it was appropriate to go with the Boston Strong logo.

Good story, nice tribute.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

PatsEng is simply Patriots Engineer because I am an engineer. I know some think it means english, which is actualy UK not Eng, but the abriviation for engineer is Eng.

As for my avatar I just had it when Tebow was with the Bronco's and people were worshipping him like Jesus. So, I named the cat in the pic Wilfork because he was going to break him(and he did)

Love the picture now that I know what it is.  Funny story!  I wondered what the ENG was..now I know!  Cool!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

Love my Harley man

100_0580.JPG.jpg

Yes, the Harley Road King!  Please tell me you have a Pats helmet you wear while riding.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

My avatar is my son's H.S. logo. I started out on the Bruins board hence the screen name. I got meet Stan several times growing up and he was a great guy who always had time for Bruin fans. 

I like this story!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

I really don't know why I picked my name...guess I wanted something with Boston in it lol.

As for the avatar, I went to BC as an undergraduate and I have season tickets to the football and hockey games (and I attend some basketball games when I can). Despite only being good at hockey lately, I still love the school and their sports teams.

Ayyy! I picture a Fonzy from BC when I see your name, LOL!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

I've been a Fan since 1971 and attended Patriot Games right after Schaefer Stadium first opened.   I also was a Season Ticket Holder during the 70's.

I previously did not have an Avatar but I've just added a picture of me standing next to a car that I owned when I was in the military many - many years ago.   :) 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

After being banned relentlessly some 12 times, one must get creative. lol

So, mine is my favorite living guitar player and producer, Marc Ford. I am a huge music fan (alongside being a big sports fan), and this photo comes from the Crowes 2006 spring tour in London. Thought it was a cool shot and it sort of looks like he's reeled one in, hence the name "bass fishing".

In all seriousness, have you really been banned 12 times or are you just throwing that number out?  Would love to see you list all your screen names.  I thought you enjoyed Bass Fishing but the explination for the name with the picture is pretty creative. Now that you explained it, it does look like he is reeling a big one in.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I started posting here after 2006 when the refs handed Peyton a superbowl in the infamous " face guarding" fiasco by Ellis Hobbs in the ndzone that gave the colts the ball at the 1. The Pats with perhaps the worst offense they ever fielded would have won a 4rth SB in 6 years against a weak Chicago team. I was so bitter about it I had to talk it out with fellow fans. I felt like we were the true champions in 2006 and really it would have solidified us as the greatest dynasty in NFL history. I rather would have won in 06 then gone 19-0 in 07, the 06 team speaks volumes on why coaching and execution beats out talent every time. What that team did was special.

Btw, I lost my account at some point and had to start over in 09...

This is awesome post!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

I went to the the last SB in Indy - the pic reminds me of the great time I had with my brother. Tough game though. Easy ride from NVA. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

Super Bowl vs Giants...i was trying to will Gronk in crushing Gints...screen name pretty obvious..p.s. avatar was created by TFB ...i gave him the idea and he did the rest...he does awesome work. Thanks TFB

And a good idea it turned out to be, thanks to you.  Chris Gronkowski was looking for a picture of his brother Rob Gronk, the picture he was looking for was Gronk diving into the end zone and while searching he seen the one I photoshopped of Rob wearing the superman cape diving into the endzone and had SuperGronk written on it.  Chris and his girlfriend started looking at my photoshops and loved this Terminator one that you gave me the idea for.  They contacted me and had me do some photoshop stuff for them which they eventully used the SuperGronk one on a tshirt that they sell on their GronkNation site.  Chris' girlfriend told me the Terminator Gronk was one of their favorites!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Just a tribute to an old veteran, and a scientist with a doctorate in aeronautical engineering from MIT, an aviation pioneer who was the first to fly across the United States in less than 24 hours and the first to fly "blind" (using only his plane's instruments), a barnstormer well known for aerobatics, a popular racing pilot who won every major air race at least once, recipient of both the Congressional Medal of Honor and Presidential Medal of Freedom, a four-star general, and commander of the 8th, 12th, and 15th Air Forces.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

Who doesn't love Jugde Elihu Smails... Top Notch... Top Notch...

"Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
    and you've got the stock market beat
    but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile
    when his shorts are too tight in the seat."

"Don't you people have homes?!"

LOL!  Yes!!