Describe your avatar and screen name

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Describe your avatar and screen name

I wish I could remember my original screen name prior to 1998 when the board was "cleaned" and I had to get a new account

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to tanbass' comment:

I used to own a tanning salon, and I like to fish bass tournaments. The picture is a beach I stayed at in the Riviera Maya...as I love to travel to tropical destinations all over the Caribbean. So the name and the pic seem to fit my life.....

Thought you operated a tanning salon for striped bass in the Caribbean.  My bad.

Tanning salon for bass? Sounds like my Weber grill!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Now that I think about it....I chose Rocky as my screen name because I did a internship with the USOC in 1998 in Colorado Springs (Rocky Mountains)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Sugar Ray Robinson is my choice for best 1b/1b fighter ever.  Marciano would be in the discussion for heayweights, obviously. I just think Robinson was untouchable in his era.

I think it's pretty much a unanimous decision that Sugar Ray Robinson is the GOAT!  HW I gotta go with Ali then Lewis.  Marciano would be around 5 or 6, imo.

Lennox Lewis? No way, dude.  You'd have to put guys like Dempsey in the 3-5 heaveyweights ever, Foreman and Holmes before Lewis, too.

Lewis fought in mostly a weak era.

Tyson has to be on the shorty list in the top 5 with Ali and Frazier in that top 5 well before Lewis.

Heavyweights:

Ali

Dempsey

Marciano

Frazier

Tyson

I'd put Foreman and Holmes in there at 6 and 7.  I'd even put Evander Holyfield who fought outside his class as a better Heavyweight than Lennox Lewis.

Lewis is like 10th on a list, nowhere near a top 5 situation for me.

Hahahahahahaha!!

My Bad!  I meant Joe LOUIS but typed Lewis by mistake.  My list...

1. Ali

2. Joe Louis

3. Jack Johnson

4. Jack Dempsey

5. Rocky Marciano

6. Larry Holmes

7. George Foreman

8. Joe Frazier

9. Evander Holyfield

10. Lennix Lewis

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Now that I think about it....I chose Rocky as my screen name because I did a internship with the USOC in 1998 in Colorado Springs (Rocky Mountains)

Rocky Mountain High??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Sugar Ray Robinson is my choice for best 1b/1b fighter ever.  Marciano would be in the discussion for heayweights, obviously. I just think Robinson was untouchable in his era.

I think it's pretty much a unanimous decision that Sugar Ray Robinson is the GOAT!  HW I gotta go with Ali then Lewis.  Marciano would be around 5 or 6, imo.

Lennox Lewis? No way, dude.  You'd have to put guys like Dempsey in the 3-5 heaveyweights ever, Foreman and Holmes before Lewis, too.

Lewis fought in mostly a weak era.

Tyson has to be on the shorty list in the top 5 with Ali and Frazier in that top 5 well before Lewis.

Heavyweights:

Ali

Dempsey

Marciano

Frazier

Tyson

I'd put Foreman and Holmes in there at 6 and 7.  I'd even put Evander Holyfield who fought outside his class as a better Heavyweight than Lennox Lewis.

Lewis is like 10th on a list, nowhere near a top 5 situation for me.

Hahahahahahaha!!

My Bad!  I meant Joe LOUIS but typed Lewis by mistake.  My list...

1. Ali

2. Joe Louis

3. Jack Johnson

4. Jack Dempsey

5. Rocky Marciano

6. Larry Holmes

7. George Foreman

8. Joe Frazier

9. Evander Holyfield

10. Lennix Lewis

Tyson beats joe frazier. I made a lot of money as a kid watching Frazier and foreman go down. Tyson was an animal. Granted buster douglas beat him IMO but he was the best of his time. Sugar ray in the Olympics sure was entertaining.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Right on both counts, Babe.  I was thinking of the Brown Bomber and the Rock's nick was the Brockton Blockbuster.  The cuts that the Rock endured are the stuff of legend.  Trying to recall which fight it was but in one he actually had his nose split up the middle; still won.  49-0 - just one he11 of a fighter.

Couldn't knock him out with a 2x4. And his right felt like he just hit you with one, LOL (well that's what they say anyway)

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

My avatar is a non-descript, any man kind of a feel. 

My boardname is simply the result of laziness.  At this point, it can mean anything you want it to mean.  What it may have been previously is so far gone due to mod bans that it doesn't matter.  In other words, to go along with my avatar, you can make of it whatever you wish. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

My boardname is simply the result of laziness.  At this point, it can mean anything you want it to mean.  What it may have been previously is so far gone due to mod bans that it doesn't matter.  In other words, to go along with my avatar, you can make of it whatever you wish. 

Oh - and I have no idea why I chose the name.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hagler was the shiyat and robbed in that APril '87 bout with Sugar Ray Leonard.  Absolutely robbed.

Marked this day on my calendar, We agree on something! 

It was a interesting fight, Leonard was stealing rounds with doing nothing the whole round then a little flurry at the end of the round.  Had Hagler not agreed to the fight being 12 rounds he probably would have KO'ed or TKO'ed Ray in the 13th, 14th or 15th, if no KO he certainly would have won the decision on the judges scorecards.  I was so mad after that robbery I couldn't read or watch anything about it for a while.  Kind of like a Pats SB loss.  After a while I scored the fight and did a punch count.  Hagler won it, no doubt about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

My boardname is simply the result of laziness.  At this point, it can mean anything you want it to mean.  What it may have been previously is so far gone due to mod bans that it doesn't matter.  In other words, to go along with my avatar, you can make of it whatever you wish

Well, most of the old regulars here pretty much hate you, so I propose we make the UD an acronym that stands for Universally Despised...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Hagler was the shiyat and robbed in that APril '87 bout with Sugar Ray Leonard.  Absolutely robbed.

I find most of us tend to get along much better when not discussing the Pats. Well as long as it is not politics...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I find most of us tend to get along much better when not discussing the Pats. Well as long as it is not politics...

Hahaha!  so true!!

I was told if you want to keep friends don't discuss religion or politics with them.  I agree!  But since then I have added Patriots football to that list! LOL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to kylerocks' comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

Who doesn't love Jugde Elihu Smails... Top Notch... Top Notch...

"Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
    and you've got the stock market beat
    but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile
    when his shorts are too tight in the seat."

Nice!  "You'll get nothing and like it" is one of my favorite quotes and I use it all the time.

That one and the other 2 I always seem to use... "Well, the world needs ditch diggers, too."

" do you stand for goodness or for badness"

Yes those are both great ones too.  Love that movie.

btw kyle tho a big knicks fan love to watch rondo play-has talent to spare

One of my best friends is a huge Knicks fan but he loves Rondo too.  So many Cs fans dogged this kid because he's a little immature at times and they think the team is better without him.  They were obviously wrong.  I look forward to seeing him dominate the league for years to come in Boston.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

Who doesn't love Jugde Elihu Smails... Top Notch... Top Notch...

"Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
    and you've got the stock market beat
    but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile
    when his shorts are too tight in the seat."

Nice!  "You'll get nothing and like it" is one of my favorite quotes and I use it all the time.

That one and the other 2 I always seem to use... "Well, the world needs ditch diggers, too."

" do you stand for goodness or for badness"

Yes those are both great ones too.  Love that movie.

One of the old classics I call it part of the comic trilogy with Animal House and Stripes. My 2nd choice for an avatar was John Candy as Ox.

Those are great movies.  I would have to slide Blazing Saddles in there too and make it a killer quartet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Right on both counts, Babe.  I was thinking of the Brown Bomber and the Rock's nick was the Brockton Blockbuster.  The cuts that the Rock endured are the stuff of legend.  Trying to recall which fight it was but in one he actually had his nose split up the middle; still won.  49-0 - just one he11 of a fighter.

Couldn't knock him out with a 2x4. And his right felt like he just hit you with one, LOL (well that's what they say anyway)

And he called that right Suzie Q if I'm not mistaken.

Setting aside the Rock's penchant for bleeding, Tyson wouldn't last 5 rounds with the Rock in my opinion.  But since the two were like 40 years apart there's no way of backing that up. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

No mention of ken norton eh?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I actually was at the bout in 1970 at the Olympic Auditorium in LA when Jose Luis Garcia (188 lbs if memory serves) KOed the to-that-point undefeated Ken Norton (app 210 lbs).  Ringside seats for dirt money if you were active duty military.  Norton was never in that fight.  Garcia knocked him down in the 1st and a couple of other times in later rounds. My buddy and I thought that Garcia had Norton confused the entire fight.  As I recall, Garcia knoced him down twice in the 8th and the ref simply called it.  Either that or he couldn't come out for the 9th.

That may have been a turning point for Norton.  It was clear to me that Norton did not expect this fight to be anything but a stepping stone and Garcia (a light heavy really) had other ideas.  Kenny Norton was a highly competitive prize fighter but, in my opinion, does not belong in the same conversation as Ali, Frazier and the Rock.  That's just my opinion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I actually was at the bout in 1970 at the Olympic Auditorium in LA when Jose Luis Garcia (188 lbs if memory serves) KOed the to-that-point undefeated Ken Norton (app 210 lbs).  Ringside seats for dirt money if you were active duty military.  Norton was never in that fight.  Garcia knocked him down in the 1st and a couple of other times in later rounds. My buddy and I thought that Garcia had Norton confused the entire fight.  As I recall, Garcia knoced him down twice in the 8th and the ref simply called it.  Either that or he couldn't come out for the 9th.

That may have been a turning point for Norton.  It was clear to me that Norton did not expect this fight to be anything but a stepping stone and Garcia (a light heavy really) had other ideas.  Kenny Norton was a highly competitive prize fighter but, in my opinion, does not belong in the same conversation as Ali, Frazier and the Rock.  That's just my opinion.

In thier first fight Norton defeated Ali and broke his jaw. I believe, as do many others, that Norton won thier third fight although the decision was given to Ali. He most certainly does belong in the same conversation as Ali, Frazier and other great boxers of his time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Well, most of the old regulars here pretty much hate you, so I propose we make the UD an acronym that stands for Universally Despised...

Once again UD is full of it, as an old regular I can tell you he used to post as underdog with a picture of the cartoon character of that name... fitting, a "cartoon character"... describes him to a tee.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Once again UD is full of it, as an old regular I can tell you he used to post as underdog with a picture of the cartoon character of that name... fitting, a "cartoon character"... describes him to a tee.

Underdog was my first favorite superhero! I was 5 and had a crush on Polly too 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No, no Ken Norton on my top 10.  Not sure where I would rank him. I would have to think about that one.  He was in some great fights. 

I was just a little guy when he fought Holmes but I have seen it many times since then.  What an amazing fight!  It was sad to see Norton get destroyed by Cooney so I really enjoyed when Holmes destroyed Cooney.  Man, those were the good ol days of Boxing.  I could probably talk boxing all day long.

Sections
Shortcuts