Describe your avatar and screen name

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Describe your avatar and screen name

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I'm a huge Mindy Cohn fan.

Which one is you in the pic Jay or Silent Bob?  LOL at Mindy Cohn. Now I will picture her everytime I see one of your post, geez, thanks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

I want to see Patriots wining super bowls!!!!!!!!

Agreed!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Just a tribute to an old veteran, and a scientist with a doctorate in aeronautical engineering from MIT, an aviation pioneer who was the first to fly across the United States in less than 24 hours and the first to fly "blind" (using only his plane's instruments), a barnstormer well known for aerobatics, a popular racing pilot who won every major air race at least once, recipient of both the Congressional Medal of Honor and Presidential Medal of Freedom, a four-star general, and commander of the 8th, 12th, and 15th Air Forces.

Doolittle is one of the many great American veterans.  Nice tribute, Muz.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

Two thing i love... Tolken's hobbit series and the Pats... A little photoshop but no where near as good as TB12 and poof an avatar and name

Thanks dude, but don't sell your self short.  Well done!!  Would love to see you do more and post here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

I've been a Fan since 1971 and attended Patriot Games right after Schaefer Stadium first opened.   I also was a Season Ticket Holder during the 70's.

I previously did not have an Avatar but I've just added a picture of me standing next to a car that I owned when I was in the military many - many years ago.   :) 

Is that a Cadillac?

Nope.  It's a 55 Ford.   I was 21 Years old when that picture was taken in 1966.    

Got to add that it's true that "Time does fly".   LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NESportnut's comment:

Name was a cheesy play on words....... avatar, my daughter dug up somewhere online, it is an F15 eagle which happens to be the fighter I build and I thought it was a cool pic, too!

VERY COOL!  You help build them?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

I have done a lot more reading then posting over the last couple years but I grew up in a lesser known Canadian Province called Saskatchewan, hence the name "Saskpatsfan". My grandparents are from the New England area soo my grandpa got me rooting for the Patriots about 20 years ago (I'm 25 now). 

Like prolate, I also have my favorite CFL team as my avatar. The Saskatchewan Roughriders. It is a picture of their Vintage logo, which they still use every now and then.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Well ive been reading these boards for years and finally had to make an account to read the board. I wasnt that creative, AP is my initials. Pats because theyre my favorite boston sports team and 21 is my lucky number. My avatar was originally this

BostonProSportsLover

but BostonProSportsLover started using it. So i wouldnt be mistaken for that nut i changed to Dobson's amazing one handed, back handed catch back at Marshall.

The original one is cool but I like the new one too. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

I've been a Fan since 1971 and attended Patriot Games right after Schaefer Stadium first opened.   I also was a Season Ticket Holder during the 70's.

I previously did not have an Avatar but I've just added a picture of me standing next to a car that I owned when I was in the military many - many years ago.   :) 

Very cool picture!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

My names phil w and I couldn't spell toboggan.  

Hahaha!! Toeboggun ski!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

I went to the the last SB in Indy - the pic reminds me of the great time I had with my brother. Tough game though. Easy ride from NVA. 

It would be awesome to attend a Pats SB.  Did you ever post your SB experience afterwards on here?  Would have loved to have read about your experience. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Just a tribute to an old veteran, and a scientist with a doctorate in aeronautical engineering from MIT, an aviation pioneer who was the first to fly across the United States in less than 24 hours and the first to fly "blind" (using only his plane's instruments), a barnstormer well known for aerobatics, a popular racing pilot who won every major air race at least once, recipient of both the Congressional Medal of Honor and Presidential Medal of Freedom, a four-star general, and commander of the 8th, 12th, and 15th Air Forces.

Very cool!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

PatsLifer...well the Pats part is pretty obvious...the lifer part, Well, like most here, have been a fan  since the early 70's, and love and will love my Pats through thick and thin. Lots of lean years, locked up in solitary confinement, eating bread and water, staying mentally tough, with the hope of one day getting out...glimmers of hope, like in the mid 80's and 90's...then the new warden arrives, opens my cell, serves me up a plate of lobster and filet mignon, and welcomes me to my new cell, with cable tv, a plush bed and dancing girls...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to saskpatsfan's comment:

I have done a lot more reading then posting over the last couple years but I grew up in a lesser known Canadian Province called Saskatchewan, hence the name "Saskpatsfan". My grandparents are from the New England area soo my grandpa got me rooting for the Patriots about 20 years ago (I'm 25 now). 

Like prolate, I also have my favorite CFL team as my avatar. The Saskatchewan Roughriders. It is a picture of their Vintage logo, which they still use every now and then.

Do you still live in Saskatchewan?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I tried to post a small move to a response to a post and I used http://tmblr.co/Z1nbJsk2tn4H

but it did not show the video .... how can i make it show the video on a post?

If anyone could help i would appreciate it.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

After being banned relentlessly some 12 times, one must get creative. lol

So, mine is my favorite living guitar player and producer, Marc Ford. I am a huge music fan (alongside being a big sports fan), and this photo comes from the Crowes 2006 spring tour in London. Thought it was a cool shot and it sort of looks like he's reeled one in, hence the name "bass fishing".

In all seriousness, have you really been banned 12 times or are you just throwing that number out?  Would love to see you list all your screen names.  I thought you enjoyed Bass Fishing but the explination for the name with the picture is pretty creative. Now that you explained it, it does look like he is reeling a big one in.

It's an estimation. I have no idea and don't really care.  When I see some of the names I am called by trolls and clear board violations as to why I was supposedly banned, obviously the board rules aren't held up consistently by the mods.   So, not a fan of anything that is fraudulent. There are clearly multiple mods and one or more of them don't like my comments. 

We should have a contest to see who can remember the most Rusty names . . .

• There were several versions of Rusty Griswold  (a long time ago)
    • There was Riding with the King (and variations)
    • Ther was BBReigns (maybe variations)
    • BassFishing and variations
    • Cliffordwashere
    • Did one have "Truckster" in it?
    • Rockskully?
    • Was Neal Page you?
    • Bunker Spreckels?

Who knows what others . . .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fminor. Show fminor's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

After being banned relentlessly some 12 times, one must get creative. lol

So, mine is my favorite living guitar player and producer, Marc Ford. I am a huge music fan (alongside being a big sports fan), and this photo comes from the Crowes 2006 spring tour in London. Thought it was a cool shot and it sort of looks like he's reeled one in, hence the name "bass fishing".

In all seriousness, have you really been banned 12 times or are you just throwing that number out?  Would love to see you list all your screen names.  I thought you enjoyed Bass Fishing but the explination for the name with the picture is pretty creative. Now that you explained it, it does look like he is reeling a big one in.

It's an estimation. I have no idea and don't really care.  When I see some of the names I am called by trolls and clear board violations as to why I was supposedly banned, obviously the board rules aren't held up consistently by the mods.   So, not a fan of anything that is fraudulent. There are clearly multiple mods and one or more of them don't like my comments. 

We should have a contest to see who can remember the most Rusty names . . .

• There were several versions of Rusty Griswold  (a long time ago)
    • There was Riding with the King (and variations)
    • Ther was BBReigns (maybe variations)
    • BassFishing and variations
    • Cliffordwashere
    • Did one have "Truckster" in it?
    • Rockskully?
    • Was Neal Page you?
    • Bunker Spreckels?

Who knows what others . . .

Oh, there are many more. You would be surprised how many. Have a nice day.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

PatsChampsSB for obvius reason everybody here want to see Patriots wining Super Bowls,The Patriots fans of course

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Mine is a combo of my nickname/callsign in the Army and the Helicopter I fly. I am from Springfield Mass but live in Tucson, Az where I still fly Apaches as a civilian contactor with the Guard. So it is Raptor and my helicopter is the AH-64D Longbow so raptor64d.

Forgot about picture, I found it on the web it is not me, that is my story and I am sticking to it! :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

Mine is simple...."There's more in life than just football" and I really liked the gesture of the team, the unity, mental toughness throughout the organization...and I also lost my father during that time...

very true...sorry also about ur Dad Leonardo  Frown

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

I went to the the last SB in Indy - the pic reminds me of the great time I had with my brother. Tough game though. Easy ride from NVA. 

It would be awesome to attend a Pats SB.  Did you ever post your SB experience afterwards on here?  Would have loved to have read about your experience. 

It was a blast. We were able to sneak into the official hotel of the nfl two nights in a row. The second night needed some creative thinking and once in you better not leave because you were not getting in again. 

We hung out with Jack Delrio, Elliott Harrison, Jason Smith (up all night) espn, M Faulks "girl friend" because his wife was not on this trip but they slept with a pillow between them. Real quote! 

Elliott is a player always on the prowl. Met and shook hands with Rodger G. The man never misses a workout. He is solid. Dan Patrick, Willie M (great guy), Drew Brees (not so nice) and many others. The bar was packed with current and former players. 

Indy was great because its  so small there was no place to hid from us normal folk. We we where in the middle of "their party".

great time but the game is better on my 71" tv with my family members yelling and screaming at the tv like the players can hear them. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I don't recall this being done before and if it has then I appoligize,  and we don't need to do it again and can just let the thread die.

I'm curious why people pick the avatar's and screen names they do.  I assume they are hobbies or favorite players or something you find funny.

Mine is easy, Big TFB fan.

Care to explain yours?

mine is obvious