Describe your avatar and screen name

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Describe your avatar and screen name

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    I was just watching a Family Guy episode one night that was centered Quagmire, and he had me laughing so hard I said what the heck.

Not surprised

lol!! At least I have an avatar Rkrap!!! you tool your avatar would probably be some doggie doo! LOL

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

For me....I know Rocky....pretty unoriginal... the avatar....I loved that catch by Gronk!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to saskpatsfan's comment:

I have done a lot more reading then posting over the last couple years but I grew up in a lesser known Canadian Province called Saskatchewan, hence the name "Saskpatsfan". My grandparents are from the New England area soo my grandpa got me rooting for the Patriots about 20 years ago (I'm 25 now). 

Like prolate, I also have my favorite CFL team as my avatar. The Saskatchewan Roughriders. It is a picture of their Vintage logo, which they still use every now and then.

Do you still live in Saskatchewan?

I do still live in Saskatchewan. The capital city, Regina!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I have done a lot more reading then posting over the last couple years but I grew up in a lesser known Canadian Province called Saskatchewan, hence the name "Saskpatsfan". My grandparents are from the New England area soo my grandpa got me rooting for the Patriots about 20 years ago (I'm 25 now). 

Like prolate, I also have my favorite CFL team as my avatar. The Saskatchewan Roughriders. It is a picture of their Vintage logo, which they still use every now and then.

I spend a lot of time in Regina for work.  I really like Saskatchewan, though it makes Green Bay seem warm in the winter . . .

The passion for the Riders out there is amazing.  It actually reminds me a lot of Green Bay (where my wife's from).  Some day I hope to go to a game at Mosaic . . .  maybe this fall if I'm lucky. Riders are probably my second favourite CFL team.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey Rusty... I gotta know where you ever under the sreen name of Huggybear? Or is there anyone on here now who went by that screen name years ago, like 2008?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

PatsLifer...well the Pats part is pretty obvious...the lifer part, Well, like most here, have been a fan  since the early 70's, and love and will love my Pats through thick and thin. Lots of lean years, locked up in solitary confinement, eating bread and water, staying mentally tough, with the hope of one day getting out...glimmers of hope, like in the mid 80's and 90's...then the new warden arrives, opens my cell, serves me up a plate of lobster and filet mignon, and welcomes me to my new cell, with cable tv, a plush bed and dancing girls...

Well said PatsLifer!   The years of being a laughing stock of the NFL. . . Followed by those Glimmers of hope only to have "Lucy take the football away" or some other calamity happen. . .Mine began with Bad times - Coach Mazur, Bengston then Hope with Fairbanks and off to Colorado he goes, not too bad with Erhardt and Meyer but real hope began again with Berry only to be followed by the dark days of Rod Rust and then the Hugger Dick MacPherson (Rust and Mac combined for 9 Wins and 39 Losses.)

But somewher out of the Blue, what began as a total disaster for the Patriots when Chuck Sullivan helped Finance Michael Jackson's Victory Tour and almost led the team into bankruptcy, ended up being the first step into turning the team into what it is now.  New Ownership in Ortwein who hired Bill Parcells and finally Bob Kraft who hired BB after Pete Carroll.

BTW, Parcells had a 500 Winning Record, Carroll had a .562 Winning Record and BB has a Winning Record with the Patriots well over .700.  

What a ride it has been indeed.   :)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I spend a lot of time in Regina for work.  I really like Saskatchewan, though it makes Green Bay seem warm in the winter . . .

The passion for the Riders out there is amazing.  It actually reminds me a lot of Green Bay (where my wife's from).  Some day I hope to go to a game at Mosaic . . .  maybe this fall if I'm lucky. Riders are probably my second favourite CFL team.  

Looks like gorgeous country. Top 10 trip for me is a train ride across Canada stopping every 2 days and seeing the landscape and cities.

There is a resort either in Alberta or Saskatchewan that is supposed to be incredible. Forget the name of it.

Are you thinking Banff or Lake Louise?  Both great places in the Rockies outside Calgary . . .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Before I posted a picture I wonder how many

though I was A troll. LoL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Win-Jets' comment:

Before I posted a picture I wonder how many

though I was A troll. LoL.

I got it after an initial double take . . . 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Looks like gorgeous country. Top 10 trip for me is a train ride across Canada stopping every 2 days and seeing the landscape and cities.

There is a resort either in Alberta or Saskatchewan that is supposed to be incredible. Forget the name of it.

Are you thinking Banff or Lake Louise?  Both great places in the Rockies outside Calgary . . .

I think it's Banff.  That sounds right. Weird name.

Beautiful place.  My wife and I spent a few days before Christmas there.  I'm not a skier, but Banff and Lake Louise (about a half hour north of Banff) are famous for skiing.  It was really pretty around Christmas with the snow and mountains. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

My current avatar is Bud Spencer and Terence Hill Italian comedy actors. For a long time it was Charlie Brown and Lucy.
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100523172402/peanuts/images/a/a0/1107charlie_brown_lucy_football.jpg

I was a marine worm digger during summers while attending the University of Maine back in the early 80s. Marine worms are used for bait for most saltwater fish. 
    http://cdn.stripersonline.com/5/56/56ee24ad_sandworm.jpg

Mike Rowe even gave it a try on Dirty Jobs. Lol!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX8DQ436F4g

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think it's Banff.  That sounds right. Weird name.

Beautiful place.  My wife and I spent a few days before Christmas there.  I'm not a skier, but Banff and Lake Louise (about a half hour north of Banff) are famous for skiing.  It was really pretty around Christmas with the snow and mountains. 

Nice.  Yeah, I had a chance to go to Austria this December as my buddy is getting a masters and spent time over this Fall/Winter as part of the program he was in.

I couldn't get the time off/manage to make it work with my schedule, but apparently Vienna is like the #1 Xmas spot in the world.

Never heard about that before, but and his wife brought back some killer photos.  Just gorgeous.

Really clean, too, apparently. The rail system is on the "honor code" too. 

I've never been there either, but my wife's been talking about us going.  It's a pretty cool city, especially with it's musical history.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In response to NESportnut's comment:

Name was a cheesy play on words....... avatar, my daughter dug up somewhere online, it is an F15 eagle which happens to be the fighter I build and I thought it was a cool pic, too!

You build F15s? 

Yes Boeing St. Louis
         And unlike most of the poeple who work in the offices, and just happen to be attached to that particulr program, I can say i go to work every day and put my hands in the plane and we make one of the most durable and capable air supriority fighters on the planet, if not the most. 101:0 air kill ratio, never been shot down! Sorry, grand standing. Hee, hee!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I think Rocco Francis Marchegiano bests represents what's best about Boston sports, he is the only heavyweight champion to go untied and undefeated throughout his career, the only other picture I would consider having would be Bill Russell.  My father's side of the family hail from Brockton so I learned to fight and about the Brockton Blockbuster at a young age.  My screen name is my nickname.

IMO Rocky was the best fighter ever. Lots of people think the more modern fighters were better, but they are wrong.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Screen name is undergrad.  Avatar is grad school.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I was just watching a Family Guy episode one night that was centered Quagmire, and he had me laughing so hard I said what the heck.

Not surprised

lol!! At least I have an avatar Rkrap!!! you tool your avatar would probably be some doggie doo! LOL

Actually, it should be a photo of Josef Goebbels with a load of diarrhea on his head.

You are far more like the poison dwarf that he ever even thought of being.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts