DeSean Jackson----

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

DeSean Jackson----

he isn't sure of his furture with Philly.  Adam Schefter saying they would entertain a trade as the Eagles have an abundance of talent on offense. Of coarse his contract is big numbers, I think 10 million next year.  But is this a trade the Patriots could pull off?  If they did the Patriots would definitely be winning the Elway "arms race"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: DeSean Jackson----

nah. too much of a head case for what the money is. he's a talent for sure but we all want big WRs not small quick guys.

you never know though. but i'd rather spend 10mil a year on a D. Thomas before D. Jax

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he isn't sure of his furture with Philly.  Adam Schefter saying they would entertain a trade as the Eagles have an abundance of talent on offense. Of coarse his contract is big numbers, I think 10 million next year.  But is this a trade the Patriots could pull off?  If they did the Patriots would definitely be winning the Elway "arms race"

[/QUOTE]

He's a real homerun threat, and the Patriots can handle his 'tude. But, too much money!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Not sure they'd want to, Game.  Guy's got talent but the price tag, both in terms of salary/cap and what it would take to pull off a trade is probably not something that would interest the Pats.

Just my opinion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] How many SWR's do you think the Patriots need?4 guys are competing for the starting job as of right now, one caught 105 passes last year, I'm thinking no way unless the Eagles give us back our 5th round pick and we give them back their 6th round pick. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLB50. Show BILLB50's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just cut Wilfork and trade all our draft picks into next year,that should get it done. Not happening.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's a real homerun threat, and the Patriots can handle his 'tude. But, too much money!!!

[/QUOTE]

Hear you TP-- but I'm sticking with my belief that Kraft is more than annoyed with Broncos snagging top Patriots players two years in a row. Now Elways comments about competing for players.  Kraft is saying get the players we need now!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Hear you TP-- but I'm sticking with my belief that Kraft is more than annoyed with Broncos snagging top Patriots players two years in a row. Now Elways comments about competing for players.  Kraft is saying get the players we need now!!!

I wouldn't want to see BB allocate that much cap space for any WR. If the Pats are going to break the bank on another player (Revis and Brady), let it be for someone like a J.J. Watt.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I agree with some comments about too much money. Additionally, DeSean is too self involved.  If he isn't the center of attention, he shows it and with Sproles in camp, this may have triggered this sentiment.  He doesn't want to have to share the spotlight in the backfield.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with some comments about too much money. Additionally, DeSean is too self involved.  If he isn't the center of attention, he shows it and with Sproles in camp, this may have triggered this sentiment.  He doesn't want to have to share the spotlight in the backfield.

[/QUOTE]

He s no more self involved that Steve Smith and Belichick talked to him. He's quick , fast and a good outside threat.  and WR receivers should want the ball!  Maybe they need some attitude on that side of the ball.  In fact the Patriots need some nasty on both sides of the ball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

If they were going to do that there are a couple of WR's available in this years draft just about as good and fast and would cost much, much less for 4 years than he would...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

If you are going all in, go get Jimmy Graham for Bradys last few years... Younger, bigger, cheaper, can play wide or tight, and would dominate with Gronk...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jackson has a VERY small amount of money on his remaining contract guaranteed.

If I read this right:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4659/desean-jackson

Only 750k of this years 10.5m salary is guaranteed? Why wouldn't the Eagles consider cutting him?

He is scheduled to make 10.5-9.75-9.75 over the next 3 years and will turn 28 in December, so he will be 30 when the contract is up. He must be worried about being cut all the time.

I would make this trade for him:

Danny Amendola, a 3rd rd pick and a swap back of the 5th/6th that we did for Sopoaga. Amendola counts like 3.5 million against the cap, so the Pats would have to get creative in restructuring Jackson's deal to account for the 8 million difference.

If they extended him a year and restructured the 3/30 into like 5/37.5 (basically what Decker got), but guaranteed him 12.5 million over the life of the contract instead 750k. Maybe he could be in New England instead of Amendola for a cost of like 6 million next year instead of paying Amendola 3-4.

The Eagles get a 3rd rd pick in a DEEP WR draft in which they can help replace Jackson AND free up 7-8 million. 

Win-Win

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If they were going to do that there are a couple of WR's available in this years draft just about as good and fast and would cost much, much less for 4 years than he would...

[/QUOTE]

ok so what wide receivers does Brady have with more than one years experience in the NFL? Edleman, LaFell?, Dobson is hurt and who knows when he will be back--opps forgot Amendola so drafting more wide receivers isn't going to help this year. other than gronk the TE s are so so and can't really count on Gronk. Jackson ranked #9 receiver in the NFL 2013. Bring in more raw receivers isn't what Brady needs. I really don't care if they are in cap hell in 2017--I want two more SB wins for Belichick and Brady.

Why is everybody so worried about money?  sooner or later this team will have to regroup and start over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ok so what wide receivers does Brady have with more than one years experience in the NFL? Edleman, LaFell?, Dobson is hurt and who knows when he will be back--opps forgot Amendola so drafting more wide receivers isn't going to help this year. other than gronk the TE s are so so and can't really count on Gronk. Jackson ranked #9 receiver in the NFL 2013. Bring in more raw receivers isn't what Brady needs. I really don't care if they are in cap hell in 2017--I want two more SB wins for Belichick and Brady.

Why is everybody so worried about money?  sooner or later this team will have to regroup and start over.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's about the money...it's about the guy...he's not the kind of guy who'll do well here...he's a load to deal with

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I don't think BB values the WR position enough to give up the capital needed (trade assets + $) to land Jackson. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jackson has a VERY small amount of money on his remaining contract guaranteed.

If I read this right:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4659/desean-jackson

Only 750k of this years 10.5m salary is guaranteed? Why wouldn't the Eagles consider cutting him?

He is scheduled to make 10.5-9.75-9.75 over the next 3 years and will turn 28 in December, so he will be 30 when the contract is up. He must be worried about being cut all the time.

I would make this trade for him:

Danny Amendola, a 3rd rd pick and a swap back of the 5th/6th that we did for Sopoaga. Amendola counts like 3.5 million against the cap, so the Pats would have to get creative in restructuring Jackson's deal to account for the 8 million difference.

If they extended him a year and restructured the 3/30 into like 5/37.5 (basically what Decker got), but guaranteed him 12.5 million over the life of the contract instead 750k. Maybe he could be in New England instead of Amendola for a cost of like 6 million next year instead of paying Amendola 3-4.

The Eagles get a 3rd rd pick in a DEEP WR draft in which they can help replace Jackson AND free up 7-8 million. 

Win-Win

[/QUOTE]

thank you for the info-so it could be done and sounds like you think it could  work for both teams--I will be ecstatic if it happens.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think BB values the WR position enough to give up the capital needed (trade assets + $) to land Jackson. 

[/QUOTE]

don't think they could pull it off but then again they are doing pretty well thus far-meaning would love to see my Giants sneak in and get this done...i know no way Eagles want him in the division and I don't know if Giants had a way to get him in $$$ wise but boy would that kill a few birds with one stone...well we can all dream

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I kno   but don't you sense something is happening that is not what has been done in the past.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I live in the area and Jackson isn't happy with his current contract which he signed a year ago. He wants more money plus he's a hand full to deal with. He wants to be closer to L. Fitzgerald than Riley Cooper on the pay scale.

IMO no thanks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Game, you're smarter than this. You should know the Pats wouldn't make a trade like this and that Desean doesn't fit the Pats system.

He doesn't come across as a very bright guy, would rather have Moore.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

Jackson has good hands and amazing speed - he's worth the risk.  Imagine trying to cover him with Edelman, Dobson, Gronk and Niklas (draftee perhaps).  I think the Pats need another WR with good NFL experience to go along with what they have at present.  Too many maybes.    One year with BB and TB and Jackson will be a saint (not the NO's type)Foot in Mouth

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Like him returning kicks but not for that much money.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

I live in the area and Jackson isn't happy with his current contract which he signed a year ago. He wants more money plus he's a hand full to deal with. He wants to be closer to L. Fitzgerald than Riley Cooper on the pay scale.

IMO no thanks.

Agreed. Though Jackson is the type of homerun threat that he Pats would love to have, sorry...not at $10mil., plus a 3rd round pick: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/18/report-eagles-listening-to-offers-for-desean-jackson/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Derrick Gunn of CSNPhilly.com reports that, while the Eagles aren’t actively shopping Jackson, they’re listening to teams that are calling up with offers.  According to Gunn, calls have come from the Patriots and the 49ers.

let s just see what happens.