DeSean Jackson----

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: DeSean Jackson----

he is. A very good talent, but not sure we buy given the money and attitude.

i know not a comparison, but I would like to see the pats bring in earl Bennett who was just released.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I'm with ya Game. Kills two birds, the deep threat that the Pats deperately need, and someone who can take a kickoff home. As far as the attitude goes, we have too many guys without an attitude. Not a big Steve Smith fan, but would have loved that attitude on our offense. Enough choir boys already, this is football. Eat or be eaten.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

I'm with ya Game. Kills two birds, the deep threat that the Pats deperately need, and someone who can take a kickoff home. As far as the attitude goes, we have too many guys without an attitude. Not a big Steve Smith fan, but would have loved that attitude on our offense. Enough choir boys already, this is football. Eat or be eaten.

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Good call NEGame...

CSN Philly reports the Eagles are "listening to offers" for DeSean Jackson, and have "taken inquiries" from the 49ers and Patriots.

Per reporter Derrick Gunn, the Eagles still aren't actively shopping D-Jax, but have notified him they're "listening to potential suitors." Gunn reports the Eagles are seeking "at least" a third-round pick for their No. 1 receiver, and "potentially more." There's enough smoke here that it might eventually turn to fire, but Jackson's contract makes him a tall order to trade. Coming off a career year, Jackson is due $10.5 million in 2014, and $9.75 million each of the next two seasons.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

SHINY HOOD ORNAMENT

A few years back TexPat published on article comparing the WR position to a "shiny hood ornament". The essence of the article is that winning correlates with having players who touch the ball on every play (Top QB, good offensive lineman and solid defensive players) versus a WR/shiny hood ornament who touches it every 4-5 plays and costs tons of $$$ and is known to be a diva. 

TB has proved this as he has played catch with unknown WR's and won superbowls with them, in contrast he never won one with Randy Moss. DeSean is electric but I fear he is the definition of a shiny hood ornament, he is flashy and has great numbers but is not essential to winning. Read the data below: 

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/chff-theory-elevated-to-man-law/2490/

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/moss-another-shiny-hood-ornament-wide-receiver/7510/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Derrick Gunn of CSNPhilly.com reports that, while the Eagles aren’t actively shopping Jackson, they’re listening to teams that are calling up with offers.  According to Gunn, calls have come from the Patriots and the 49ers.

let s just see what happens.

Yep!  And NEGAME has been calling this since yesterday.  Give this girl some R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

We have too many WR's under 6ft, give me a bigger WR.  Too much money for this guy. And let's not forget that the Pats inquire on a lot of players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

AT THE RIGHT $$$, YES.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Derrick Gunn of CSNPhilly.com reports that, while the Eagles aren’t actively shopping Jackson, they’re listening to teams that are calling up with offers.  According to Gunn, calls have come from the Patriots and the 49ers.

let s just see what happens.

Yep!  And NEGAME has been calling this since yesterday.  Give this girl some R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

We have too many WR's under 6ft, give me a bigger WR.  Too much money for this guy. And let's not forget that the Pats inquire on a lot of players.

True, but the guy has been at least durable over his career thus far. Can amendola, extend Vince and we ghave plenty. It's tempting for sure. Imagine he, Edelman, lafell...oh my.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I'd love him but.....Too expensive is an understatement.  This is not the sweetheart deal for Moss in 2007.  

http://www.eaglescap.com/Players/DeSeanJackson.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I'm with NEgame on this one!  Would love to see DJax here if pats can pull this off!  This kid is Dynamic with a Capital D!  he is a huge threat everytime he touches the ball.  Like Game, I wanted Steve smith, but he is gone now.   This would put pats over the top and would say this is just like 07 offseason, but maybe better!  Wow....go for it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

I'm with NEgame on this one!  Would love to see DJax here if pats can pull this off!  This kid is Dynamic with a Capital D!  he is a huge threat everytime he touches the ball.  Like Game, I wanted Steve smith, but he is gone now.   This would put pats over the top and would say this is just like 07 offseason, but maybe better!  Wow....go for it!

So we have to cut VW to do it..should we....I'm not sure...one might still be able to play and is over paid right now but is a really good team guy and the other can still play, has a huge price tag, but his brain is inversely proportional to his $$$ contract value...in short, he's a "me first" knucklehead

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

In response to mellymel3's comment:

If they were going to do that there are a couple of WR's available in this years draft just about as good and fast and would cost much, much less for 4 years than he would...

ok so what wide receivers does Brady have with more than one years experience in the NFL? Edleman, LaFell?, Dobson is hurt and who knows when he will be back--opps forgot Amendola so drafting more wide receivers isn't going to help this year. other than gronk the TE s are so so and can't really count on Gronk. Jackson ranked #9 receiver in the NFL 2013. Bring in more raw receivers isn't what Brady needs. I really don't care if they are in cap hell in 2017--I want two more SB wins for Belichick and Brady.

Why is everybody so worried about money?  sooner or later this team will have to regroup and start over.

I don't think it's about the money...it's about the guy...he's not the kind of guy who'll do well here...he's a load to deal with

Same was said about Moss and Dillon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

If you look at his contract....It's about the MONEY. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:

AT THE RIGHT $$$, YES.

thats the problem. It'll never be at the right price because he thinks he's worth a bigger contract every other year. Great player and an even greater crybaby

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Multiple sources stating that the Pats approached Philly about it so if that is true then the Pats must have made an offer that addresses the salary issue.

Wilfork for Jackson? They have similar cap numbers.

I'm not sure if Amendola's numbers would work but an ESPN blog brought that up as something the Eagles may be willing to work with along with a draft pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I mean I haven't looked at the contracts.. Or anything.. But what about Amendola and a late pick for Jackson? Win win?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Philly wants a 3 rd for him and possibly more, do it.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

Somebody like Hernandez?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

An on field attitude like Hernandez? You bet. I'll take all we can get. I am not supporting guns, gangs, or murder, just a little punch you the face attitude on the field.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Having an attitude and being tough are two different things.  Jackson is more diva attitude than tough guy attitude.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I hear you. That was why I would have liked Smith. Jackson has some serious talent, and his strenghs fill our needs. I have to admit though, I really got a kick out of watching Blount return kicks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

No way this happens.  Even if the rumors are true the Patriots are just doing their due diligence.  There is no way we would ever do a deal like this unless Jackson took a paycut.  Since that is never going to happen neither is this deal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Smokescreen!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I hear you. That was why I would have liked Smith. Jackson has some serious talent, and his strenghs fill our needs. I have to admit though, I really got a kick out of watching Blount return kicks.

I agree with you on Smith... he's as tough and competitive as they come... woulda liked to have seen him here. 

Sections
Shortcuts