DeSean Jackson----

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: DeSean Jackson----

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Cyberknot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hear you. That was why I would have liked Smith. Jackson has some serious talent, and his strenghs fill our needs. I have to admit though, I really got a kick out of watching Blount return kicks.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on Smith... he's as tough and competitive as they come... woulda liked to have seen him here. 

[/QUOTE]

We will see him here...matched up against Revis. Lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Espn first take just discussed the DeSean Jackson topic. Stephan A and Skip both agree that it would be a great fit.. Watch out for this.. I have a feeling this might gain some steam now or later down the line. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No way this happens.  Even if the rumors are true the Patriots are just doing their due diligence.  There is no way we would ever do a deal like this unless Jackson took a paycut.  Since that is never going to happen neither is this deal.

[/QUOTE]

I was saying the same thing about Revis coming here.....and I must say I was very happy to be wrong on that one! Could it happen again? Release VW and I think they could make this work. Sure would be nice to see it happen....but I have my doubts as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Amendola does look better in green..............

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

How about a trade for big Vince and if needed a pick..  unfortunately, as much as I like Big Vince... I think his desirel to play for the Pats has ended..  couldn't we free up big money without his cap hit and get creative with a restructure to make up the difference?  

I usually just read and do not have all of the figures and contract details (Does vince have a say in a trade per his contract?) at my fingertips to know if this would work... 

I for one am very excited about 2014 Pat's Season... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I now live in PA...... this guy is anotyer "head case"; younger T.O. 

STAY AWAY!!!!!! It's only a matter of time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

What good would getting Jackson do when the Pats don't have a QB who can get him the ball?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Like  Brady couldn't get Moss the ball? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to croc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like  Brady couldn't get Moss the ball? 

[/QUOTE]

LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

I was saying the same thing about Revis coming here.....and I must say I was very happy to be wrong on that one! Could it happen again? Release VW and I think they could make this work. Sure would be nice to see it happen....but I have my doubts as well.

The surprise with Revis was his willingness to bet on himself and take a one year deal.  The Patriots aren't going to trade for a guy due 10 million per for the next 3 seasons at probably the most overrated position in the NFL.  I thought Revis was at least theoretically possible.  To me D Jax just isn't in the realm of the possible.  The Eagles aren't going to cut him.  What incentive does he have to take a paycut to facilitate a trade?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hear you TP-- but I'm sticking with my belief that Kraft is more than annoyed with Broncos snagging top Patriots players two years in a row. Now Elways comments about competing for players.  Kraft is saying get the players we need now!!!

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't want to see BB allocate that much cap space for any WR. If the Pats are going to break the bank on another player (Revis and Brady), let it be for someone like a J.J. Watt.  

[/QUOTE]

Yup !!!!! good post

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The guy is a moron, can't be a serious inquiry by NE. Unless, of course, BB liked what he brought last season when they worked together.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I now live in PA...... this guy is anotyer "head case"; younger T.O. 

STAY AWAY!!!!!! It's only a matter of time.

[/QUOTE]

welcome fellow PAer! You in East, Central, or West?  I've seen DJ plenty in action and have mixed feelings about the possibility of seeing him in a Pats uniform.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Buyer beware on this guy. As I stated earlier in this thread I live in the area and heard some more stuff on Jackson this morning on the Philly Comcast Network. The Eagles team reporter Derrick Gunn said they were shopping this guy during last year's draft and asking for a second rounder. No one took the bait.

Chip Kelly loves his offensive weapons and it's very suspicious that he wants to move him. I don't think there's a corner in the league who can cover Jackson deep but he's a total me first, team second, diva type who has put himself before the best interests of the team on numerous occasions.

What do you think of a guy who sees his team sign Riley Cooper and Malcolm Jenkins to 5 and 3 year contracts respectively @ 5 million per year and becomes jealous and upset because he wasn't offered more this year?

Jackson just signed a contract last year at 10 million per season and is already wanting a bigger chunk of change. Two years ago he admitted going through the motions for the second half of the season because he was upset about his rookie contract. He also took himself out of games two years ago with suspected fake injuries according to the local media.

One more thing: he doesn't bring a fearless attitude to a team because he won't run slants across the middle. Most of his routes are outs, fly patterns or screens.

He's a real punk and stay away BB. The Pats got the short straw on the Sopoaga deal and this could be a lot worse.

The Pats shouldn't even try to rehabilitate this jerk with the Patriot way. Tremendous talent but no thanks!

Sections
Shortcuts