DeSean Jackson interview with Stephen A. Smith

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

DeSean Jackson interview with Stephen A. Smith

You knew this was coming. I'm not buying what he's selling. Of course Stephen A got the interview, who else.

Nice try too, going with the scholar look and the glasses. Wonder why he didn't have the hat sideways and the huge gold chain on he usually wears off the field.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: DeSean Jackson interview with Stephen A. Smith

What is Jackson being accused of, exactly? He may have flashed a sign, is that it? He knows some people who did some bad stuff?

Didn't he grow up in Compton?

If any of you were fortunate enough to grow up in Greenwich, you probably came across some insider traders and embezzlers.  We'll need to keep tabs on your email and such, you're clearly prone to do bad things. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

What is Jackson being accused of, exactly? He may have flashed a sign, is that it? He knows some people who did some bad stuff?

If any of you were fortunate enough to grow up in Greenwich, you probably came across some insider traders and embezzlers.  We'll need to keep tabs on your email and such, you're clearly prone to do bad things. 

Well, how about a 14 year old was murdered by gang members in a building owned or leased by someone in DeSean Jacksons family. In the building a credit card receipt belonging to DeSean Jackson was found as was property of his. Pictures are on the web showing Jackson with one of the gang bangers accused in the murder. It was enough for an LAPD Detective to contact the Eagles and Jackson.  He also was arrested in 2009 for possesion of pot.

After seeing what the Patriots went through last year, what would you do if you were the Eagles?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Throwing a gang sign doesnt mean SHH!T!

P Pierce did it in the 08 conf finals vs. Pistons. just threw a straight sign at the crowd and he's from Inglewood, adjacent to Compton.

What has Pierce ever done? nothing. he def knows gang memebers. never did anything stupid though..

so its all bs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, how about a 14 year old was murdered by gang members in a building owned or leased by someone in DeSean Jacksons family. In the building a credit card receipt belonging to DeSean Jackson was found as was property of his. Pictures are on the web showing Jackson with one of the gang bangers accused in the murder.  He also was arrested in 2009 for possesion of pot.

After seeing what the Patriots went through last year, what would you do if you were the Eagles?

[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of Jackson, he's more trouble than he's worth, a diva, pain in the rear, etc. I don't want him for those reasons and his salary, not worth the production which can be very good. He's mini-Moss, no thanks.

But, the gang stuff is flimsy and over dramatized. He grew up with those people, it doesn't mean he's a murderer or he's guilty of anything. There are pictures of me with people who got sent to prison, people I knew well. There was a murder, and I used to hang with some of the people who may have done it, probably did, it remains unsolved. I don't associate with them any more, but I did and there are pictures I'm sure.

Guilt by association and innuendo. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Xenophobia...embrace the suck!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Where Jackson grew up is not the point. The media is trying their best to make a racial issue out of what was merely a good personnel decision, which was in the best interests of the Philadelphia Eagles.

First came the attempt to compare this to how the Eagles reacted to the Riley Cooper matter. Now comes the attempt to change the premise of the discussion...attempting to sell to the public that DeSean got cut because he merely refused to turn his back on his homies, some of whom are gang members...and that, in reality, DeSean is a just a nice guy, trying to help his childhood friends out of poverty and the gang life.

Don't believe me? What was the question that the racially neutral (LOL!!) and wise Stephen A. posed to DeSean? "Are you a gang member?"

No one has accused Jackson of being a gang member. He was accused of gang association. On the NFL channel, this matter was also discussed. Yet, there was no mention of the photos of the wonderful DeSean chucking gang signs...or the fact that he had done it on the field...which is a show of solidarity and support for the activities of a vicious criminal street gang...the Crips.

Before you start comparing those raised in Comptom vs. those raised in the much less violent confines of Greenwich...why don't you look up the Crips, and check out the kind of activities that they are involved in? Try murder, prostitution, loan sharking, burglary, gun running, car theft, and the drug trade. No sir...the Crips are not the Boy Scouts.

I don't care where a guy is from, and/or who he grew up with...but the type of activities that the Crips are involved in needs to be condemned in every way, shape, and form...not proudly supported!

Jackson would be late for team meetings, and was disrespecting his coach in other ways...such as not bothering to return his phone calls. How long do you think that BB would put up with that from any of his players, Tom Brady included?

So please, understand that the media, which is constantly looking for events depicting racism, is trying to spin this situation. Jackson got gone primarily because he was overpaid, was a diva, and was disrespecting his coach. The fact that he "associated" with gang members and, in essence, showed his proud support for their vile criminal activities, in the light of the AH matter, probably became more of a concern as well. But, make no mistake...it was merely the icing on the cake.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

You knew this was coming. I'm not buying what he's selling. Of course Stephen A got the interview, who else.

Nice try too, going with the scholar look and the glasses. Wonder why he didn't have the hat sideways and the huge gold chain on he usually wears off the field.

[/QUOTE]

Von Miller likes to wear those glasses too, as he tells us he wasns't pumping roids but smoking weed as he disappears in the postseason again last year.

What a bust.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Glasses?   Glasses?   Are we talking about glasses?   (Where is Iverson when we need him).   If this isn't facial profiling I don't know what would qualify.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, how about a 14 year old was murdered by gang members in a building owned or leased by someone in DeSean Jacksons family. In the building a credit card receipt belonging to DeSean Jackson was found as was property of his. Pictures are on the web showing Jackson with one of the gang bangers accused in the murder. It was enough for an LAPD Detective to contact the Eagles and Jackson.  He also was arrested in 2009 for possesion of pot.

[/QUOTE]

Or Jackson having huge wads of money stolen from his house recently? Ed Reed had bags of cash stolen from his car. Who does this stuff?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/11/burglars-take-cash-jewelry-guns-from-desean-jackson/

Were those really "burglars"?  Or, were they part of a rival gang?  Hmm.

It's 2014 and wiring money is available to millionaires.  A lot of these guys have ties to gang members. It's why a lot of them keep quiet and stick together.  Marvie Harrison was/is part of a gang but no one knew it because he appeared quiet or aloof on the sidelines.

I brought up Sean Taylor here recently, Ivana, and I did it because the ones who claim only the Pats glossed over potential gang knowledge with Hernandez, forgot about Sean Taylor or many others. It's a league wide issue and it's impossible to know every detail about a player's off field life.

These players come from broken homes, may not have fathers or mothers around and think it's cool to watch Scarface and then re-enact that lifestyle, apparently.

How about the CB from Denver who was gunned down?  Williams I think his name was.  That wasn't a random shooting, that was gang related.

As long as turds like Stephen A. Smith make excuses for these kids or young adults, the more we'll see it.

I remember Meriweather at a party with a shooting back in 2010. I said it right here:

"Those are not your friends. Those are just people you know, who you grew up with, but they are not your friends. It is Meriweather's choice."

I compared this problem to a drug addict or alcoholic who comes out of rehab. Ya can't go back. You just can't because the environment your brain is conditioned to knowing includes drugs and alcohol in those associations so if you try to act like you won't slide back into the addicition in those environments, you will slide back into it at some point most likely.

It never works.  If you're an addict or around gang members, you need to cut the cord and completely start a different life, otherwise you will lose somehow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Glasses?   Glasses?   Are we talking about glasses?   (Where is Iverson when we need him).   If this isn't facial profiling I don't know what would qualify.

[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny. Lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Where Jackson grew up is not the point. The media is trying their best to make a racial issue out of what was merely a good personnel decision, which was in the best interests of the Philadelphia Eagles.

First came the attempt to compare this to how the Eagles reacted to the Riley Cooper matter. Now comes the attempt to change the premise of the discussion...attempting to sell to the public that DeSean got cut because he merely refused to turn his back on his homies, some of whom are gang members...and that, in reality, DeSean is a just a nice guy, trying to help his childhood friends out of poverty and the gang life.

Don't believe me? What was the question that the racially neutral (LOL!!) and wise Stephen A. posed to DeSean? "Are you a gang member?"

No one has accused Jackson of being a gang member. He was accused of gang association. On the NFL channel, this matter was also discussed. Yet, there was no mention of the photos of the wonderful DeSean chucking gang signs...or the fact that he had done it on the field...which is a show of solidarity and support for the activities of a vicious criminal street gang...the Crips.

Before you start comparing those raised in Comptom vs. those raised in the much less violent confines of Greenwich...why don't you look up the Crips, and check out the kind of activities that they are involved in? Try murder, prostitution, loan sharking, burglary, gun running, car theft, and the drug trade. No sir...the Crips are not the Boy Scouts.

I don't care where a guy is from, and/or who he grew up with...but the type of activities that the Crips are involved in needs to be condemned in every way, shape, and form...not proudly supported!

Jackson would be late for team meetings, and was disrespecting his coach in other ways...such as not bothering to return his phone calls. How long do you think that BB would put up with that from any of his players, Tom Brady included?

So please, understand that the media, which is constantly looking for events depicting racism, is trying to spin this situation. Jackson got gone primarily because he was overpaid, was a diva, and was disrespecting his coach. The fact that he "associated" with gang members and, in essence, showed his proud support for their vile criminal activities, in the light of the AH matter, probably became more of a concern as well. But, make no mistake...it was merely the icing on the cake.

[/QUOTE]

I really don't disagree with any of this. As I said, Jackson is a diva and the salary/cap hit/personality quirks are not worth the production. As a football decision, it's fine. I'm sure they'd have preferred he went to an AFC team, but that's another matter.

My issue is with the media/fan idea that he's a bad guy based on basically nothing. He knew some people, he may have flashed a gang sign, so (as joe pointed out) did Paul Pierce, and some other irrelevant nonsense. 

The Crips/Bloods stuff? Yeah, they're bad dudes, scumbags, etc. If Jackson was part of that, he should be condemned, suspended, jailed, whatever. But absent a whole lot more evidence, he's not involved in that stuff at all. No more than the banker in Greenwich who went to the country club with Madoff was involved in stealing people's retirement funds. It's the same thing, guilt by association.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

I really don't disagree with any of this. As I said, Jackson is a diva and the salary/cap hit/personality quirks are not worth the production. As a football decision, it's fine. I'm sure they'd have preferred he went to an AFC team, but that's another matter.

My issue is with the media/fan idea that he's a bad guy based on basically nothing. He knew some people, he may have flashed a gang sign, so (as joe pointed out) did Paul Pierce, and some other irrelevant nonsense. 

The Crips/Bloods stuff? Yeah, they're bad dudes, scumbags, etc. If Jackson was part of that, he should be condemned, suspended, jailed, whatever. But absent a whole lot more evidence, he's not involved in that stuff at all. No more than the banker in Greenwich who went to the country club with Madoff was involved in stealing people's retirement funds. It's the same thing, guilt by association.

[/QUOTE]

Just because he knows gang members doesn't make him a bad guy. What makes him a bad guy is by lending credibility and support for the Crips and their activities by flashing gang signs on the field, and in various pictures, found on the internet.

Jackson is encouraging gang behavior and lending credibility to the Crips when he flashes gang signs. His actions can serve to encourage more kids to join up with the Crips.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The truth came out...he was a locker room Diva who was the ultimate "me first" kind of person...never satisfied with what he was paid, always happy when he padded his stats and not particularly upset about a loss as long as he had a good day....not one of his teammates came to his defense...that's all you need to know......he's a locker room destroyer...he's a NFL cancer, and it really doesn't have anything to do with gang affiliation or rap recordings unless it's about taking his mind off football during the season...I think the gang stuff was to get the Philly fans off the team's back for letting him go and once the Players Association claimed they were going to investigate these rumors of gang affiliations and the reason behind his release, the team came out with stories of how various guys on the team didn't care for him, that he was widely disliked by everyone and that he was insubordinate in public to the coach on many occassions...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The truth came out...he was a locker room Diva who was the ultimate "me first" kind of person...never satisfied with what he was paid, always happy when he padded his stats and not particularly upset about a loss as long as he had a good day....not one of his teammates came to his defense...that's all you need to know......he's a locker room destroyer...he's a NFL cancer, and it really doesn't have anything to do with gang affiliation or rap recordings unless it's about taking his mind off football during the season...I think the gang stuff was to get the Philly fans off the team's back for letting him go and once the Players Association claimed they were going to investigate these rumors of gang affiliations and the reason behind his release, the team came out with stories of how various guys on the team didn't care for him, that he was widely disliked by everyone and that he was insubordinate in public to the coach on many occassions...

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a Ron Artest Jr, or Meta Worldpeace if you rather.