Desean Jackson signs with the Redskins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Desean Jackson signs with the Redskins

From PFT:

One visit was enough for DeSean Jackson to determine where he wanted to play next season.

According to Dianna Russini of NBC News 4 in Washington, Jackson has agreed to terms on a deal with the Washington Redskins.

Denise White of EAG Sports Management – Jackson’s personal PR firm -  confirmed the deal with Washington.

Jackson was scheduled to leave the D.C. area on Tuesday evening. Instead, he chose to stick around another night; a sign talks could be progressing toward a deal between the two sides.

Now that deal is done. Jackson is expected to sign the contract Wednesday morning.

Jackson was released by the Philadelphia Eagles on Friday and is coming off the best season of his career. Jackson caught 82 passes for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns with the Eagles last season.

Jackson’s addition would bring an explosive element that the Washington receiving corps has been lacking. Jackson will join Pierre GarconSantana Moss and fellow free agent signee Andre Roberts as receiving options for Robert Griffin III.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Re: Desean Jackson signs with the Redskins

Well of course he did

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Ya...he wants to play the Eagles in their division...twice..pay back

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They'll still suck.  Running QBs never make it far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Glad this is over... now returning to previousily scheduled programming.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

His deal is suspected to be for 3 years, $24mil., with $16mil. guaranteed. Do any of you like this deal for the Redskins? I do not. Here's why: 

One has to wonder about a guy who gets released from a contending team after putting up statistically the best season of is career. Jackson was reportedly late for team meetings, and refused to answer several calls from his head coach.

The next thing that bothers me is how quickly Jackson decided to go to play for a three (3) win team in Washington, bypassing an opportunity to play for the SB contending 49ers. 

Finally, there's all those questions about his character. Even if you set aside the gang affiliation stuff, there are allegedly several Philadelphia nightclubs that either told Jackson directly, or through an intermediary, that they didn't him visiting, because he was a "disruptive influence": http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/1/desean-jackson-red-flags-dont-seem-worry-redskins/ 

What does this all point to? That winning to DeSean ranks a distant second to getting paid, and that, gang involvement or no, this guy may be similar in his pursuits of off-field passion and pleasure to the "Rain-maker", Adam "Pac-man" Jones.

The Redskins were foolish to guarantee DeSean $16mil. They should have insisted on an incentive laiden contract, or passed on this diva altogether: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/signing-desean-jackson-would-be-the-kind-of-mistake-redskins-have-finally-started-avoiding/2014/03/31/e8eec320-b905-11e3-96ae-f2c36d2b1245_story.html 

What say you? Do any of you like this signing?      

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

TP...  This is the Redskins problem to endure.  Whether I like the signing by them or not is immaterial.  But...

Let's flip this the other way..  replace "Redskins" with "Patriots"..  how would anyone here feel about that?

Do we ignore all the warning signs as the Patriots would have had to do in order to sign him?  This fan base is crying for a play making WR to join the team and Jackson could have been one of them.  Would we simply shrug our shoulders and simply await the upcoming season to see if this blows up in the team's face?  We'll never know, will we?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

LOLOL you should see all of the moron Skins fan down here.  It's the annual Skins-sign-an-overhyped-FA-and-now-we-are-winning-the-Super-Bowl delusional talk.  Just priceless.  This fanbase has suffered too much under the absolute inept management of Dan Snyder for the past 15 years and yet here we are again.  A flashy signing and all is well in Washington until about week 4 of the regular season.  Poor, poor souls.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

TP...  This is the Redskins problem to endure.  Whether I like the signing by them or not is immaterial.  But...

Let's flip this the other way..  replace "Redskins" with "Patriots"..  how would anyone here feel about that?

RESPONSE: The same way as I feel about the 'Skins signing him, as indicated in my previous post. Except, if BB did this, I'd be even more critical. To guarantee this diva $16mil. over three years is ridiculous. Furthermore, I hold that WRs do not a championship team make. Championships are won by controlling the line of scrimmage, and by good, mistake free QB play.   

Do we ignore all the warning signs as the Patriots would have had to do in order to sign him?  This fan base is crying for a play making WR to join the team and Jackson could have been one of them.  Would we simply shrug our shoulders and simply await the upcoming season to see if this blows up in the team's face?  We'll never know, will we?

RESPONSE: Again, I wouldn't want DeSean here, except on a one-year, prove it type deal. Stay tuned...Miami WR Mike Wallace will soon be a UFA, after the Dolphins release him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Good.  Now we can put the D.Jackson to the Patriots dream  (for some, not me) to rest for good.  

Glad he's not going to be on this team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

TP...  This is the Redskins problem to endure.  Whether I like the signing by them or not is immaterial.  Do we ignore all the warning signs as the Patriots would have had to do in order to sign him?  This fan base is crying for a play making WR to join the team and Jackson could have been one of them.  Would we simply shrug our shoulders and simply await the upcoming season to see if this blows up in the team's face?  We'll never know, will we?

Richard Sherman, a childhood friend of DeSean Jackson, is now trying to turn Philly's decision in cutting Jackson into a racial issue. Just what we need...more playing of the race card: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/02/richard-sherman-wonders-why-philly-kept-cooper-and-cut-jackson/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

His deal is suspected to be for 3 years, $24mil., with $16mil. guaranteed. Do any of you like this deal for the Redskins? I do not. Here's why: 

One has to wonder about a guy who gets released from a contending team after putting up statistically the best season of is career. Jackson was reportedly late for team meetings, and refused to answer several calls from his head coach.

The next thing that bothers me is how quickly Jackson decided to go to play for a three (3) win team in Washington, bypassing an opportunity to play for the SB contending 49ers. 

Finally, there's all those questions about his character. Even if you set aside the gang affiliation stuff, there are allegedly several Philadelphia nightclubs that either told Jackson directly, or through an intermediary, that they didn't him visiting, because he was a "disruptive influence": http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/1/desean-jackson-red-flags-dont-seem-worry-redskins/ 

What does this all point to? That winning to DeSean ranks a distant second to getting paid, and that, gang involvement or no, this guy may be similar in his pursuits of off-field passion and pleasure to the "Rain-maker", Adam "Pac-man" Jones.

The Redskins were foolish to guarantee DeSean $16mil. They should have insisted on an incentive laiden contract, or passed on this diva altogether: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/signing-desean-jackson-would-be-the-kind-of-mistake-redskins-have-finally-started-avoiding/2014/03/31/e8eec320-b905-11e3-96ae-f2c36d2b1245_story.html 

What say you? Do any of you like this signing?      

Future mistake looming....He's pretty much a great receiver with a knack for pis_ing everyone off...both the opponent and his own teammates...As soon as he does well and wins a game or two with long scoringh TD's he starts crowing about more money and getting paid...that's what really made him persona non grata in Philly...the other stuff was to make the ejection platable for the Philly fans, true or not...

Washington likes the way it looks right now...wait until he starts demanding more cash...he won't change...guys who want their cheese never do....notice how not one Eagle has come to his defense?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Kraft came out and publicly put an end to the Britt rumors, something you never see. Now Britt was actually arrested multiple times and D. Jax wasn't but I have to believe after the Hern situation and the similarities between that and D. Jax that there was no chance they would have even risked it or that Kraft would have ever signed off on it and I'm glad he wouldn't. Not worth the risk in the least.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Kraft came out and publicly put an end to the Britt rumors, something you never see. Now Britt was actually arrested multiple times and D. Jax wasn't but I have to believe after the Hern situation and the similarities between that and D. Jax that there was no chance they would have even risked it or that Kraft would have ever signed off on it and I'm glad he wouldn't. Not worth the risk in the least.

Furthermore, the Pats already have two small-sized WRs in Edelman and Amendola. Why bring in a third, and for such big money? I'd rather see the Pats spend $8mil./year to bring aboard a FA pass-rusher or lineman, than for a diva wide receiver.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Furthermore, the Pats already have two small-sized WRs in Edelman and Amendola. Why bring in a third, and for such big money? I'd rather see the Pats spend $8mil./year to bring aboard a FA pass-rusher or lineman, than for a diva wide receiver.

+2

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Amen!! After the Hern circus, I didn't think there was any possible way Britt or Jackson would be brought in. Get burned by a gang banger type once, shame on the gang banger. Get burned a 2nd time for doing the same thing, shame on us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

Good.  Now we can put the D.Jackson to the Patriots dream  (for some, not me) to rest for good.  

There are way too many FAs out there that are still on the "deam" list.  Seems every released player gets a nod on this forum, doesn't it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

From PFT:

One visit was enough for DeSean Jackson to determine where he wanted to play next season.

According to Dianna Russini of NBC News 4 in Washington, Jackson has agreed to terms on a deal with the Washington Redskins.

Denise White of EAG Sports Management – Jackson’s personal PR firm -  confirmed the deal with Washington.

Jackson was scheduled to leave the D.C. area on Tuesday evening. Instead, he chose to stick around another night; a sign talks could be progressing toward a deal between the two sides.

Now that deal is done. Jackson is expected to sign the contract Wednesday morning.

Jackson was released by the Philadelphia Eagles on Friday and is coming off the best season of his career. Jackson caught 82 passes for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns with the Eagles last season.

Jackson’s addition would bring an explosive element that the Washington receiving corps has been lacking. Jackson will join Pierre GarconSantana Moss and fellow free agent signee Andre Roberts as receiving options for Robert Griffin III.

well my guys will still have to face him twice a year but at least without the supporting cast he had in Philly...still he is a real PITA with incredible speed-wish he left the division

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

LOLOL you should see all of the moron Skins fan down here.  It's the annual Skins-sign-an-overhyped-FA-and-now-we-are-winning-the-Super-Bowl delusional talk.  Just priceless.  This fanbase has suffered too much under the absolute inept management of Dan Snyder for the past 15 years and yet here we are again.  A flashy signing and all is well in Washington until about week 4 of the regular season.  Poor, poor souls.

i thougth Snyder had learned from his past mistakes in this regard but i guess not

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

TP...  This is the Redskins problem to endure.  Whether I like the signing by them or not is immaterial.  Do we ignore all the warning signs as the Patriots would have had to do in order to sign him?  This fan base is crying for a play making WR to join the team and Jackson could have been one of them.  Would we simply shrug our shoulders and simply await the upcoming season to see if this blows up in the team's face?  We'll never know, will we?

Richard Sherman, a childhood friend of DeSean Jackson, is now trying to turn Philly's decision in cutting Jackson into a racial issue. Just what we need...more playing of the race card: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/02/richard-sherman-wonders-why-philly-kept-cooper-and-cut-jackson/

Sherman has a LOT to say and loves to be provacative but he is also a Stanford grad and very intelligent-I am surprised he would go down  that road

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Seems like he always had big game against the Giants. Philly is going to regret this decision.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Seems like he always had big game against the Giants. Philly is going to regret this decision.

I doubt it. Philly got rid of over $10mil. on their cap, and a major league headache.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

There are way too many FAs out there that are still on the "deam" list.  Seems every released player gets a nod on this forum, doesn't it?

Real good post Bill. Everyone does seem to take a liking to almost any FA. We all know how TB and BB can take little and make it alot so even if the FA is not great even with little talent we all know what some players can do w the Pats so "kicking the tires" on a FA is a thing that could find a gem i guess

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Explosive player, downside of his character is too risky for team morale and cohesion. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I like the pick-up for Washington... they are getting RGIII some weapons and if their O-line holds up they will be explosive. Due to the division they play in they can outscore teams and at least contend for the division.

Sections
Shortcuts