Desean Jackson signs with the Redskins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Re: Desean Jackson signs with the Redskins

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOLOL you should see all of the moron Skins fan down here.  It's the annual Skins-sign-an-overhyped-FA-and-now-we-are-winning-the-Super-Bowl delusional talk.  Just priceless.  This fanbase has suffered too much under the absolute inept management of Dan Snyder for the past 15 years and yet here we are again.  A flashy signing and all is well in Washington until about week 4 of the regular season.  Poor, poor souls.

[/QUOTE]

i thougth Snyder had learned from his past mistakes in this regard but i guess not

[/QUOTE]

Charles Pierce labels him an "Omadhaun," and it couldn't be more perfect.  The whole piece is brilliant.

http://grantland.com/features/the-washington-redskins-terrible-mess/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

An offense relying on an overrated injury prone quarterback throwing to a gangbanger.

I see good things coming from this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the pick-up for Washington... they are getting RGIII some weapons and if their O-line holds up they will be explosive. Due to the division they play in they can outscore teams and at least contend for the division.

[/QUOTE]

I like Jackson's talent, too. But, not for what the Redskins paid him. Paying a head-case WR a guaranteed $16mil. was far too rich for my liking. Even the Jets had sense enough to stay away at that price: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/04/desean_jacksons_contract_with_redskins_reveals_why_jets_didnt_pursue_him.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I like the pick-up for Washington... they are getting RGIII some weapons and if their O-line holds up they will be explosive. Due to the division they play in they can outscore teams and at least contend for the division.

[/QUOTE]

I like Jackson's talent, too. But, not for what the Redskins paid him. Paying a head-case WR a guaranteed $16mil. was far too rich for my liking. Even the Jets had sense enough to stay away at that price: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/04/desean_jacksons_contract_with_redskins_reveals_why_jets_didnt_pursue_him.html

[/QUOTE]

IMHO for that team in that division it makes sense at that price. They need to stay competitive in a division with no clear cut dominate team. This at least gives their franchise QB a deep and legitimate threat. I would agree with you 100% he didn't make  sense for the raiders/jets based on the dominate teams (Pats/broncos) in their divisions and the QB's who would be attempting to get him the ball. I'm not a Jackson fan but it i think he gives Wash a fighting chance with some of the other pieces they have in place to finish in the 8-8/9-7 area which puts them in the hunt to contend/win that division.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

IMHO for that team in that division it makes sense at that price. They need to stay competitive in a division with no clear cut dominate team. This at least gives their franchise QB a deep and legitimate threat. I would agree with you 100% he didn't make  sense for the raiders/jets based on the dominate teams (Pats/broncos) in their divisions and the QB's who would be attempting to get him the ball. I'm not a Jackson fan but it i think he gives Wash a fighting chance with some of the other pieces they have in place to finish in the 8-8/9-7 area which puts them in the hunt to contend/win that division.

The Redskins loved the idea of adding Jackson from the rival Eagles...which somewhat explains why they paid what they paid to bring him aboard. Still, I don't like the move.

Being a regular here as you are, you probably know my feelings on WRs. To me, games are won or lost in the trenches, and as a result of solid, mistake free QB play. No WR is worthy of being paid such big bucks:  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/chff-theory-elevated-to-man-law/2490/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Redskins loved the idea of adding Jackson from the rival Eagles...which somewhat explains why they paid what they paid to bring him aboard. Still, I don't like the move.

Being a regular here as you are, you probably know my feelings on WRs. To me, games are won or lost in the trenches, and as a result of solid, mistake free QB play. No WR is worthy of being paid such big bucks:  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/chff-theory-elevated-to-man-law/2490/

[/QUOTE]

See bold... i agree 100%.

That's why it is imperative that the Pats get an interior O-lineman, DT, TE and another DE to rotate in with nink and CJ. They can't expect Nink and CJ to play the amount of plays they were on the field for last year and then be effective in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE] 

[/QUOTE]

That's why it is imperative that the Pats get an interior O-lineman, DT, TE and another DE to rotate in with nink and CJ. They can't expect Nink and CJ to play the amount of plays they were on the field for last year and then be effective in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Amen. The Pats will probably go DT (depending if one of he good ones slides to them), or grab a DE/OLB who can rush the passer, with their top pick. I'm not as concerned about a TE here, as many appear to be. For me, it's DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE...and a stud interior offensive lineman wouldn't be bad, either.

Still, much depends on who is available. For example, if a great RB, QB, or TE slips, than you may look at a best player available/value selection, over need.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

An offense relying on an overrated injury prone quarterback throwing to a gangbanger.

I see good things coming from this.

[/QUOTE]

Could be trouble:

The San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders both reached out to the Los Angeles Police Department to confirm reports of DeSean Jackson's continued involvement with alleged members of Los Angeles street gangs; LAPD confirmed the reports, CSNBayArea.com has learned: http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/source-lapd-confirms-jacksons-gang-ties-49ers-raiders?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Amen. The Pats will probably go DT (depending if one of he good ones slides to them), or grab a DE/OLB who can rush the passer, with their top pick. I'm not as concerned about a TE here, as many appear to be. For me, it's DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE...and a stud interior offensive lineman wouldn't be bad, either.

Still, much depends on who is available. For example, if a great RB, QB, or TE slips, than you may look at a best player available/value selection, over need.

[/QUOTE]

I included TE because i don't think you can count on Gronk deep in the playoffs. I don't think you can replace his production but they are going to need a TE who at a minimum can run block and at least present an option for Brady as he goes through his progressions. 

I think they can get a TE in the 2nd if not 3rd round to give them some needed quality depth at the position.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I included TE because i don't think you can count on Gronk deep in the playoffs. I don't think you can replace his production but they are going to need a TE who at a minimum can run block and at least present an option for Brady as he goes through his progressions. 

I think they can get a TE in the 2nd if not 3rd round to give them some needed quality depth at the position. 

[/QUOTE]

Though it would be nice to add a TE, they have D.J. Williams, have added WR LaFell, who could be used as an H-back, and have Harrison huge former Rutgers WR Mark Harrison:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1958452-state-of-the-new-england-patriots-position-by-position-tight-end#articles/1958452-state-of-the-new-england-patriots-position-by-position-tight-end

Getting big bodies to control the line of scrimmage and rush the passer appears to be a more pressing need.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

This isn't surprising. The Redskins are morons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:

[QUOTE]

TP...  This is the Redskins problem to endure.  Whether I like the signing by them or not is immaterial.  Do we ignore all the warning signs as the Patriots would have had to do in order to sign him?  This fan base is crying for a play making WR to join the team and Jackson could have been one of them.  Would we simply shrug our shoulders and simply await the upcoming season to see if this blows up in the team's face?  We'll never know, will we?

[/QUOTE]

Richard Sherman, a childhood friend of DeSean Jackson, is now trying to turn Philly's decision in cutting Jackson into a racial issue. Just what we need...more playing of the race card: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/02/richard-sherman-wonders-why-philly-kept-cooper-and-cut-jackson/

[/QUOTE]

Tough to play the race card in a league with such a high percentage of black players. Is that supposed to cover why the oft injured Vick was dumped?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good.  Now we can put the D.Jackson to the Patriots dream  (for some, not me) to rest for good.  

Glad he's not going to be on this team.

[/QUOTE]

There are way too many FAs out there that are still on the "deam" list.  Seems every released player gets a nod on this forum, doesn't it?

[/QUOTE]

Real good post Bill. Everyone does seem to take a liking to almost any FA. We all know how TB and BB can take little and make it alot so even if the FA is not great even with little talent we all know what some players can do w the Pats so "kicking the tires" on a FA is a thing that could find a gem i guess

[/QUOTE]

One of the hallmarks of a know nothing bandwagon fan is the attachment to every big name FA on the market. Also a favorite of fantasy football GMs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TP...  This is the Redskins problem to endure.  Whether I like the signing by them or not is immaterial.  Do we ignore all the warning signs as the Patriots would have had to do in order to sign him?  This fan base is crying for a play making WR to join the team and Jackson could have been one of them.  Would we simply shrug our shoulders and simply await the upcoming season to see if this blows up in the team's face?  We'll never know, will we?

[/QUOTE]

Richard Sherman, a childhood friend of DeSean Jackson, is now trying to turn Philly's decision in cutting Jackson into a racial issue. Just what we need...more playing of the race card: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/02/richard-sherman-wonders-why-philly-kept-cooper-and-cut-jackson/

[/QUOTE]

Tough to play the race card in a league with such a high percentage of black players. Is that supposed to cover why the oft injured Vick was dumped?

[/QUOTE]

True...but if there's a potential buck in it, their agents will play the card  every time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

DeSean Jackson now says that he felt "hurt" after the Eagles released him. Well DeSean, if you had bothered to answer your coaches telephone calls, and been more of a team first player...maybe there would have been no boo-boo to begin with??!!

Unbelievable: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/04/desean-jackson-felt-hurt-after-eagles-cut-him/

Sections
Shortcuts