DESEAN JACKSON

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

DESEAN JACKSON

So, patsie fans.  Before anything comes from these rumors about him.  What is the opinion of him? Do you want him on your roster?  Obviously, BB would need to mortgage more from 2015 a la Revis to fit him in.  Would you give up a pick for him?  What level?  He would immediately be the best WR on the patsie squad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Re: DESEAN JACKSON

The only way I would acquire him in a trade is if we trade DA and a late pick and a restructure.. Other than that he reminds me of TO a head case.. If he gets released which looks likely to happen, sure try to get him in camp why not for a 1 or 2 year deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too expensive and not needed here, Bustchise.  Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

Sure, if you say so.  Obviosuly, BB has come to grips with the entire 2013 WR group on the patsies being outright busts.  But as I said, he would immediately be the best WR on the team.  Of course, you also claimed that the patsies didn't need Revis and he was too expensive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only way I would acquire him in a trade is if we trade DA and a late pick and a restructure.. Other than that he reminds me of TO a head case.. If he gets released which looks likely to happen, sure try to get him in camp why not for a 1 or 2 year deal.

[/QUOTE]

I would think some sort of restructure would be a given for any team. There are only a few teams that could fit him in as is.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Talented player that does not fit what Pats do.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Your Jets are a more realistic landing spot.  I'd rather put that Jackson money towards another D player.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Very good receiver, but not sure he's where I'd invest a lot of money if I were the Pats.  Would prefer a bigger receiver in our offense and also, for Jackson's money, would prefer someone who came with fewer questions about his attitude and off-field behaviour.  

Seems like a good fit for your Jets, though.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Very good receiver, but not sure he's where I'd invest a lot of money if I were the Pats.  Would prefer a bigger receiver in our offense and also, for Jackson's money, would prefer someone who came with fewer questions about his attitude and off-field behaviour.  

[/QUOTE]

What about compensation for him in a trade?  Holmes was had for a 4th round pick.  Welker was a 2nd and a 7th.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What about compensation for him in a trade?  Holmes was had for a 4th round pick.  Welker was a 2nd and a 7th.  

[/QUOTE]

Holmes was a 10 mil per year disappointment for a 5th rd pick, Bustchise, not a 4th.

You don't even know your own team. lol

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d817772e1/article/steelers-trade-holmes-to-jets-for-fifthround-draft-pick

[/QUOTE]

But Queenie, just last week you claimed he was traded for a 2nd round pick?  Did you lie?  BTW, idiot, Holmes was a FA when he signed his contract.  But how pathetic it is that you are claiming he was paid 10 mil per year.  What a lying loser.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

It's the wrong Jackson. Vincent Jackson should be the Jackson we want to trade for. A 6'5" 230lbs WR is exactly what the Pats need. He's good for 70-80 catches 7-10 TDS a year in this offense guaranteed! 

I like DJax too, but it's raises a lot of flags that an offensive minded coach like Kelly doesn't have a use for him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Holmes was a 10 mil per year disappointment for a 5th rd pick, Bustchise, not a 4th.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d817772e1/article/steelers-trade-holmes-to-jets-for-fifthround-draft-pick

[/QUOTE]

But Queenie, just last week you claimed he was traded for a 2nd round pick?  Did you lie?  BTW, idiot, Holmes was a FA when he signed his contract.  But how pathetic it is that you are claiming he was paid 10 mil per year.  What a lying loser.

[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't "lie". I said Cromartie was dealt for a 2nd rd pick and for 8 mil per and your awful reading comprehension kicked in, as per usual as a defensive Jets loser tool.

Got it?

Your team is the only team to go all in on the wrong players, at the wrong price at the wrong times, and play it off like you just did something that will change the course of the franchise.

It's quite comical.

[/QUOTE]

You two need to get a room. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's the wrong Jackson. Vincent Jackson should be the Jackson we want to trade for. A 6'5" 230lbs WR is exactly what the Pats need. He's good for 70-80 catches 7-10 TDS a year in this offense guaranteed! 

I like DJax too, but it's raises a lot of flags that an offensive minded coach like Kelly doesn't have a use for him. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he seems perfect for Kelly's system, which does raise an eyebrow or two. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

LMAO

It is a good fit for them becaue having overpriced WRs with no QB who can pass is what the Jets do as a way to build a legit playoff team nowadays. 

Cannot be made up. It just can't.

[/QUOTE]

In fairness, the Jets do reasonably well with defensive players, but Rex seems to have no clue at all when it comes to offense. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am very surprised he hasn't been released yet. I wonder if he might be after June 1, to be honest.

They're rebuilding down there and he's an older player.  

[/QUOTE]

He just turned 27 last December.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Too expensive and not needed here, Bustchise.  Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

Sure, if you say so.  Obviosuly, BB has come to grips with the entire 2013 WR group on the patsies being outright busts.  But as I said, he would immediately be the best WR on the team.  Of course, you also claimed that the patsies didn't need Revis and he was too expensive.

[/QUOTE]

perhaps, or, he has assumed they need more time to develop.

a bust is sancheeze. high first round pick, given ample time to develop. 

And thanks for stating the obvious meatloaf. Jackson would be the best receiver on a majority of nfl teams, including yours. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he seems perfect for Kelly's system, which does raise an eyebrow or two. 

[/QUOTE]

He's a me first player. It would be interesting to see if the pats system, with a solid, more veteran core and HC could shake that out of him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am very surprised he hasn't been released yet. I wonder if he might be after June 1, to be honest.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, an older player.  By 30 now in this league, many can find themselves out of a job. What's he supposed to do, wait to see if Glennon works out or if Lovie Smith does?

That could take the 3 years at this point.

[/QUOTE]

My bad. I thought you were talking about D. Jackson.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, an older player.  By 30 now in this league, many can find themselves out of a job. What's he supposed to do, wait to see if Glennon works out or if Lovie Smith does?

That could take the 3 years at this point.

[/QUOTE]

My bad. I thought you were talking about D. Jackson.

[/QUOTE]

No, Vincent JAckson.  He's in his late 20s at this point, if I am not mistaken. Maybe not 27, but 29 or even maybe 30.

I think a bigger WR like that would make more sense but nowhere near his current salary.

Besides, VJax is a greedy player who forced himself out of SD and helped ruin that situation.

At this point, no vets are allowed here unless they want to take less than before.

[/QUOTE]

It seems like both Jacksons are never happy with their contracts. D. Jackson just signed a new contract a year ago for 10 million / year and already wants more $$$.

Eagles shopped him during last year's draft asking for a second round pick and no one took the bait. He's a me first, quit on the team type guy and I hope BB steers clear of him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

It is a good fit for them becaue having overpriced WRs with no QB who can pass is what the Jets do as a way to build a legit playoff team nowadays. 

[/QUOTE]

In fairness, the Jets do reasonably well with defensive players, but Rex seems to have no clue at all when it comes to offense. 

[/QUOTE]

He's a Def Coordinator at best, which is what I've always said. He has no business being a head coach and it's comical watching Woody Johnson continue to try to convince himself that he is.

Every year that goes by is just a delight watching it.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  I think he's a pretty good defensive coach, but he doesn't have the leadership skills to be a head coach and he seems to be clueless on offense.  He falls in love with his players, too much as well, which is a disaster in a head coach. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'd rather take a flier on a value signing like Kenny Britt with minimal investment then make a huge commitment to a player with similar attitude issues but costs 30x as much money.

Despite what a few misguided posters on this board think, value signings and low risk investments have played a key role in the foundation of 13 years of dominance. Build through the draft, sign value FA's who fit your system and every few years make some noise(Rodney, Colvin, Dillion, Adalius, Moss, Welker, Stalworth, Bodden, Talib, Revis)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's a Def Coordinator at best, which is what I've always said. He has no business being a head coach and it's comical watching Woody Johnson continue to try to convince himself that he is.

Every year that goes by is just a delight watching it.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  I think he's a pretty good defensive coach, but he doesn't have the leadership skills to be a head coach and he seems to be clueless on offense.  He falls in love with his players, too much as well, which is a disaster in a head coach. 

[/QUOTE]

You should compare Rex's first stint with BB's first stint.  Let me know what you come up with.  How many winning seasons did BB have in Cleveland?  How many playoff wins?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talented player that does not fit what Pats do.  

[/QUOTE]

I am still laughing at the Jets "inquiring" after the learned that NE did.  How funny would it be if that caused the Jets to trade for him with Vick at age 33 on a 1 year rental, ruin Geno Bust for good and then send Rexie packing, AFTER the Jets just extended Rexie?

lol

[/QUOTE]

Yes Queenie, the Jets had never even heard of DJ until the Jet spy, Revis, reported back to Rex that and  "the learned" that Bb was asking how much money DJ was willing to push into future years do to cap hell.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't "lie". I said Cromartie was dealt for a 2nd rd pick and for 8 mil per and your awful reading comprehension kicked in, as per usual as a defensive Jets loser tool.

Got it?

Your team is the only team to go all in on the wrong players, at the wrong price at the wrong times, and play it off like you just did something that will change the course of the franchise.

It's quite comical.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, you want Queen Bean beaten to a pulp too?  Can't say I blame you.  And you are just one of everyone on this board that feels that way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Got it?

It's quite comical.

[/QUOTE]

Oh another lie, Queen Bean?  How about this... I post where you claimed Holmes was traded for a 2nd rounder and was paid 10 mil per year (BOTH LIES) and you leave the board forever.  Deal?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Got it?

It's quite comical.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, you want Queen Bean beaten to a pulp too?  Can't say I blame you.  And you are just one of everyone on this board that feels that way.

[/QUOTE]

No, I'd like you and Bean to stop derailing every thread with your own personal squabbles. Seriously,  he said, she said from past threads has no relevance to the Pats and Desean Jackson conversation. If thats your agenda, get a room. 

Sections
Shortcuts