Despising the Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Despising the Jets

I cannot stand Rex and the Jets. All I can say is we have got to beat them on 12/6 and it is a home game and I look for us to beat them.

Q. is what does it take for US NOT jets to be first in AFC E.

I keep seeing standings that say they are first and we are second. Why is that? We both have 7-2 record.

To me we are better then them and once we beat them in Dec. they will have no choice but to acknowledge that..oh wait with big mouth Rex and Bart Scott who knows what will come out of their mouths.

I still say Patriots # 1 and take the division title. Jets only think they have it we will be their worst nightmare come 12/6.

Pitts. was nothing compared to what we will do to Jets then on monday night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Re: Despising the Jets

In Response to Despising the Jets:
    [QUOTE]I cannot stand Rex and the Jets. All I can say is we have got to beat them on 12/6 and it is a home game and I look for us to beat them. Q. is what does it take for US NOT jets to be first in AFC E. I keep seeing standings that say they are first and we are second. Why is that? We both have 7-2 record. To me we are better then them and once we beat them in Dec. they will have no choice but to acknowledge that..oh wait with big mouth Rex and Bart Scott who knows what will come out of their mouths. I still say Patriots # 1 and take the division title. Jets only think they have it we will be their worst nightmare come 12/6. Pitts. was nothing compared to what we will do to Jets then on monday night.
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]....for now, it's an easy explanation. The Jets beat the Patriots head to head. They also have a better conference record winning % and division winning %. That may change but for now, that's what it is. Lighten up...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

hate the Jets????  Get in line Bro.. But think about this. The jets have been looking up at the pats for over a decade. Even now holding the smallest beach head at the top of the east, they are sure that it will slip away. And they are right. I'll give them props for winning ugly and lucky. There needs to be some of that in order to go the distance. But i'm guessing even the Leprechaun they have been holding hostage is all but out of gold.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Despising the Jets:
    [QUOTE]I cannot stand Rex and the Jets. All I can say is we have got to beat them on 12/6 and it is a home game and I look for us to beat them. Q. is what does it take for US NOT jets to be first in AFC E. I keep seeing standings that say they are first and we are second. Why is that? We both have 7-2 record. To me we are better then them and once we beat them in Dec. they will have no choice but to acknowledge that..oh wait with big mouth Rex and Bart Scott who knows what will come out of their mouths. I still say Patriots # 1 and take the division title. Jets only think they have it we will be their worst nightmare come 12/6. Pitts. was nothing compared to what we will do to Jets then on monday night.
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]
    Duh. Because they beat you. Wow!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Despising the Jets:
    [QUOTE]hate the Jets????  Get in line Bro.. But think about this. The jets have been looking up at the pats for over a decade. Even now holding the smallest beach head at the top of the east, they are sure that it will slip away. And they are right. I'll give them props for winning ugly and lucky. There needs to be some of that in order to go the distance. But i'm guessing even the Leprechaun they have been holding hostage is all but out of gold.
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE]
    The Leprechauns have never left Baston. The live in Fenway Park.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaucer. Show chaucer's posts

Be realistic.  The Jets have a very good team and Sanchez is playing better than expected (outside of New York).  The problem I see for the Patriots is that we have a much tougher schedule with Indy and GB while the Steelers look like the only team besides the Patriots that can beat the Jets

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I actually think many teams can beat the jets. Have you watched the last two weeks? Why can't the Texans beat the Jets? Ok, they're soft and not a good matchup, but hopefully you get my point. Anyone can beat anyone in the NFL.

[QUOTE]Be realistic.  The Jets have a very good team and Sanchez is playing better than expected (outside of New York).  The problem I see for the Patriots is that we have a much tougher schedule with Indy and GB while the Steelers look like the only team besides the Patriots that can beat the Jets
    Posted by chaucer[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I like threads like this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I hate threads like this...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]I like threads like this.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Strange you have an avatar with the Beatles and a quote by the Stones!

Hate the Jests? For me it's as natural as breathing air. Something you do without even thinking about it! I don't really hate Rex Ryan (except for the fact that he's the coach of the Jests), but I hate the team. So much so I actually cheered for the Colts in the AFCCG! Luckily it worked out and Mr. Chokematic threw the pick-six to blow the SB! First place is due to tiebreakers, namely the week 2 disaster. Next would be division record, then conference record.  Their offense is already starting to lose steam, and it's taken them until OT (and some bad moves by the competition) to win. Detroit mismanaged the clock and allowed them to tie it up, and Stuckey fumbling when he was in FG range in OT was an abberation! Sooner or later it will catch up to them. Besides the Razor they still have to travel to Pittsburgh and Chicago in December. They will find a way to let those idiots in NY down again...they always do!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Despising the Jets comes easily. While it's in the genes to despise all NY teams, I find the obnoxiousness of the Jets especially loathsome!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maineeac. Show Maineeac's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Despising the Jets : Strange you have an avatar with the Beatles and a quote by the Stones! Hate the Jests? For me it's as natural as breathing air. Something you do without even thinking about it! I don't really hate Rex Ryan (except for the fact that he's the coach of the Jests), but I hate the team. So much so I actually cheered for the Colts in the AFCCG! Luckily it worked out and Mr. Chokematic threw the pick-six to blow the SB! First place is due to tiebreakers, namely the week 2 disaster. Next would be division record, then conference record.  Their offense is already starting to lose steam, and it's taken them until OT (and some bad moves by the competition) to win. Detroit mismanaged the clock and allowed them to tie it up, and Stuckey fumbling when he was in FG range in OT was an abberation! Sooner or later it will catch up to them. Besides the Razor they still have to travel to Pittsburgh and Chicago in December. They will find a way to let those idiots in NY down again...they always do!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]
    And don't forget the ripoff of Living Colour, Karl Marx and Joseph Stalin with the "cult of personality" claim. At least Jesse isn't too impressed with himself.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

When a team is so hated by the opposition fanbase, it means only one thing - that fanbase is actually worried.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Despise Green New Jersey?

You should feel sorry for Green New Jersey.

Ryan's bluster and the incessant media hype are going to make this season's eventual plummet as bad as the last 40 combined.

The Jests -- and their funny little fan base -- deserve your compassion, not your scorn. They've had it tough.

And it's going to get worse before it gets better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Here is the funny thing about all this. I remember being so sure of things in 2004 and then this funny thing happened, the Sox decided that history was not going to repeat. And you all know how that ended.

Hate the opposition, but never under-estimate it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Hate the opposition, but never under-estimate it."

Agreed. The Jets are not to be underestimated. 

As far as I'm concerned they beat us head to head and have the same record and are therefore better than us. We may well beat them head to head but if they don't lose other key divisional games (and with Miami in QB trouble that seems unlikely) they have a good chance of owning the tiebreaker. 

I hate them too but respect what they are accomplishing. It's not going to be easy to move them off the division lead. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I think the Lions beat the Lions.  Last I checked, Stafford DOVE onto a bad shoulder for no apparent reason.  If they had a quarterback for the last drive, they get a first down, game is over.  The Browns got there, and Chansi Stuckey just did something incredibly stupid.  Mind bogglingly stupid.  Like Asante Samuel leaving his man then WATCHING as Rodney held the guy up for him to hit and did NOTHING AT ALL.  Anyway, the Browns beat the Browns.  I'm encouraged that they are struggling a bit and the wins are just disguising it.  They seem content with the "ugly but still a W" theme.  Great.  We need to deal with Indy and Detroit, but the Jets are coming, and boy, are they in for it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I love this rivalry. Good as the Skankies and the Sox. The Jests games always feel real good or sting more then the other games. The AFC east with the exception of the Bills has good rivalrys.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Ask the players, they respect the opposition and know it takes a good game to win.  Ask the fans.. and it is blind homerism more than anything.  What is driving Pats fans crazy right now... how the Jets have escaped with wins at Denver, Detroit and Cleveland when it looked like losses.  I am certain many Jets fans had their heads in their hands when the Pats trounced the Steelers as so many of them were certain the Pats would go down given their play against Cleveland.  What Jets fans saw in the Steelers game is their worst nightmare.. the Pats can run up the score on one of the premier defenses in the league on their home turf!  If the Jets needed last minute escapes from the likes of the Lions and Browns, what does that spell when they face the motivated Pats in Foxboro.  December 6, 2010 can't come fast enough!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Ask the players, they respect the opposition and know it takes a good game to win.  Ask the fans.. and it is blind homerism more than anything.  What is driving Pats fans crazy right now... how the Jets have escaped with wins at Denver, Detroit and Cleveland when it looked like losses.  I am certain many Jets fans had their heads in their hands when the Pats trounced the Steelers as so many of them were certain the Pats would go down given their play against Cleveland.  What Jets fans saw in the Steelers game is their worst nightmare.. the Pats can run up the score on one of the premier defenses in the league on their home turf!  If the Jets needed last minute escapes from the likes of the Lions and Browns, what does that spell when they face the motivated Pats in Foxboro.  December 6, 2010 can't come fast enough!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Wasn't even concerned with the Pats/Steelers game. Play the game, win the game - that is the only mindset any Jet fan should have. I understand the lack of respect the NE fanbase has for the Jets. But I would seriously doubt there is any fear of playing the Pats. They whoped them once; no reason not to think that they cannot do it again. At least that would be my mindset if I was a player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]WelkerRules, It's still early my friend. We're just getting into the back half of the season, the weather is turning, the injury bugs are about to start surfacing so a lot will happen. As far as hating them I do. Call it partly because they got the early pick to take the east from the entire country, call it partly because I can't stand people like LT and Rex Ryan. But........mostly because they haven't done anything in 40 years, that's right, 40 years and now the entire football nation is supposed to bow to our knees and crown them kings???? When I see Ryan, Sanchez and LT my brain automatically associates them with the likes of LeBron, TO and half the WWF, big f-ing mouths and no jewlery! If they had an ounce of class, reservation and modesty my guess is they'd have a lot more fans backing them.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Here is the funny thing about all that. Rex does like to say that he feels the Jets are super bowl bound. Why exactly is that a problem? I have yet to hear or read Rex say that this team or that team doesn't compare with his Jets. In fact, I haven't seen him not give proper respect to any and all teams that he faced. And Sanchez has shown nothing but respect and admiration for the teams he plays against and the league that he plays in. L.T. - not really sure what the issue is, but I do know he whined a bit when playing for S.D. and especially when they got their azz handed to them by NE.

As for how the news media fawns over Rex. The fact is that he is good for business. He is funny and always wears his heart on his sleeve. He gives reporters something to write about. He is his own man. I have seen several coaches try and be BB and fall flat on their face because there is only one BB. Rex is the anti-BB. If it works for him, why the problem? He hasn't hurt anyone and the fact is that if the season ended right this second - Fatty would be the head coach of the #1 seed in the AFC. Now obviously that is not happening so we will have to wait and see what is in store for the rest of the AFC.

I cringe every game expecting the old Jets to show up and they haven't. Nothing wrong with staying positive. I learned a lot from my friends in RSN.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Whatever you may think of Green New Jersey, the Yankee fan is right about one thing -- the media fawn of Ryan because he's easy money. Ryan is like that girl in high school who dated everybody but never had a boyfriend. The hacks and flacks are going to be buzzing around the Jets as long as Ryan keeps giving that great head. There's no real verifiable substance to Green New Jersey, beyond a home win against the Pats -- which is a game you're certainly supposed to win. They can bark all day long about their AFC Championship Game appearance, but what people remember is Indy and Cincy laying down for them to allow them to back in. It's true enough the Jests' record puts them right at the top of the league at this meaningless juncture, but most people who claim to know about such things put more stock in what happened last week than something you accomplished two months ago, and staggering to cardiac wins against bumbling teams is not the kind of resume that is going to strike fear into any opponent. It will be interesting to see what happens the first week in December.

Of course, this is Colts week, so this entire thread -- much like any concern over Green New Jersey -- is pointless.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]Whatever you may think of Green New Jersey, the Yankee fan is right about one thing -- the media fawn of Ryan because he's easy money. Ryan is like that girl in high school who dated everybody but never had a boyfriend. The hacks and flacks are going to be buzzing around the Jets as long as Ryan keeps giving that great head. There's no real verifiable substance to Green New Jersey, beyond a home win against the Pats -- which is a game you're certainly supposed to win. They can bark all day long about their AFC Championship Game appearance, but what people remember is Indy and Cincy laying down for them to allow them to back in. It's true enough the Jests' record puts them right at the top of the league at this meaningless juncture, but most people who claim to know about such things put more stock in what happened last week than something you accomplished two months ago, and staggering to cardiac wins against bumbling teams is not the kind of resume that is going to strike fear into any opponent. It will be interesting to see what happens the first week in December. Of course, this is Colts week, so this entire thread -- much like any concern over Green New Jersey -- is pointless.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    pm (hey that's like Peyton Manning - pm) - I usually don't take issue with your comments but this I consider a slight:

If you are going to assess the Jets YTD (as you have), then give credit where credit is due.  They have the best record in the NFL.  They may not strike fear in anyone (I don't think any team does), but who cares.  They've got a defense standing up against everyone and an offense with a young QB that is making plays when it needs to while not dominating anyone. 

Sounds eerily familiar to a certain other Northeast team from nearly a decade ago. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Every team out there expects to win the superbowl, we all know that. The difference is how they went about communicating this in the offseason, before they played a game together.

What did they say exactly that has everyone up in arms? They believed that they were heading in the direction of a superbowl! This is what has everyone up in arms? Rex was selling this team to a fanbase that has had nothing but misery and disappointment for the last 40 years. Nothing wrong with the hard sell.

Sanchez is a second year QB caught up in this. He hasn't earned the right to have an opinion in the NFL yet. He had one of the worst years last year and thinks he has some kind of grandfathered clause to open his mouth about winning a superbowl to the media?

Sorry, this is absolute b.s. He is 16 - 9 as a QB in the NFL and he has bought into his head coaches philosphy. He played exceptionally well in last years playoffs and has proven to be a good on field leader. Yeah - I would like to see his completion % up by another 5%, but he is getting there. He has shown great poise these last two games and he is maturing. He is certainly not an elite QB yet, but he is more than capable and with each passing week, his own self-confidence grows. There is nothing wrong with him saying that winning a SB in NY is the thing he is living for now. What do you all want him to say?

foolish to say halfway through the season

You should have read the sentence that followed.

give it time, the hits are building up on LT

That is a hope on your part. Kind of like when Sox fans keep telling me that Mo Rivera is done. FYI - Greene will be handling more than half the load as we move into the 2nd half of the season. I think Rex plays the hot hand in each game.

I don't expect coaches to be BB but I also don't expect them be so self bloated as to predict a superbowl win in training camp.

I don't see an actual prediction except for when he was first hired and he said he will bring a championship to NY. And if that is what you are refering to, what did you expect. "Hi, I am Fatboy Rex and I guarantee you that the next three years will be just like that last 40". 
    Football is a business and after the meltdown of Favre in 2008, the Jets needed to market this team, especially going into the new stadium and the absurd PSL's they wanted to sell. And that is what he did.

Really, I have no problem with NE fans distaste of the Jets. And I hope that your team and coach shrug the Jets off just like the fanbase does.