Despite all the crying, consider this...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Despite all the crying, consider this...

Lots of people here criticizing the pick are the same ones telling us to build our team similar to that of the Seahawks. Take this for whatever it's worth to you...

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 9m Just got it confirmed to me "Seattle got their guy stolen from them" "They packed up shop after that pick". Easley.

Let's go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Despite all the crying, consider this...

It's worth nothing to me.

Look hard enough and you'll find similar quotes about other guys who were complete busts and have come and gone.   Now I'm not saying Easley is a bust, but he's a player I wish they hadn't taken there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If Loyko isn't Slavic for Jesus Christ, than I could care less what he has to say. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's worth nothing to me.

Look hard enough and you'll find similar quotes about other guys who were complete busts and have come and gone.   Now I'm not saying Easley is a bust, but he's a player I wish they hadn't taken there.

[/QUOTE]

I never said this fact guarantees that Easley will become a successful pick. I'm simply saying that many here have wanted us to draft our team in the same vision as Carroll and the Seahawks. We did that tonight. 

Does that confirm that Easley will be a stud? Of course not. But maybe it will make the Seahawk trumpet-blowers adjust their tune. 

You don't like the pick, you're entitled to your opinion. Fine. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Loyko isn't Slavic for Jesus Christ, than I could care less what he has to say. 

[/QUOTE]

The fact that Loyko said it is irrelevant. The content is what matters -- not who said it. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I am liking this more and more. I was focused on "my guys" and ALL of them were there when we picked.

But I am really getting excited about this. IT IS A BIG RISK. Yes. No denying. But if he is healthy we got a VERY special player. And he has great desire. Commitment. Has proven he can work himself back.

If you have not seen some film on this guy you really should. He is SPECIAL. You have to account for him on every play. He will make the players to either side of him and behind him better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Easley at first reaction is wow, really you pick this guy with talent that's left on the board!? But considering the Seahwaks wanted him and they are on of the best run franchises in the NFL along with the Pats. When he plays he is a force to be reckoned with and the effort he gives is pure Belichik style. The kid will be started off slow and probably much like Collins last year will be worked in. Most of the draft experts I trust have Easley as a high end top tier talent with one having him at the 4th overall prospect despite his injury history. Could there have been a "sexier" pick, but the Pats have plan and didn't want Seattle ruining that. 

You heard it here, the Pats will trade Mallet to the Texans for their 2nd rounder and pick Lee or Tuitt or some one else that will blow our mind. Either way I am betting Mallet will get traded.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Despite all the crying consider this, we have a lot of picks, theres a whole draft left to go, we'll have more if we trade Mallet, there are a lot of good players to be had, the one with the most toys in the end wins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

If the draft is a gamble, and it is, and you believe in no risk..no reward, and I do, Easley DEFINES that.

Healthy, a top 5 pick all day long.

Sitting there at 29 as he has already torn up both knees.

What a steal if he stays healthy, he will make QB's life difficult.

What an I told you so if his knees fail him again.

Such is the NFL Draft.