Despite all the hand wringing...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Despite all the hand wringing...

If the playoffs started today, and we played the Broncs, the game would be played in Foxboro.

We're sitting at 5-2, and the arrow is pointing up. Talib, Kelly, and Vereen will return, the rookies will improve, and this very young team will only get better. The Broncos are ever-so-slightly better at 6-1, and they've plateaued.

A little perspective helps, folks. This Pats team is more than fine. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Despite all the hand wringing...

In response to dreighver's comment:

If the playoffs started today, and we played the Broncs, the game would be played in Foxboro.

We're sitting at 5-2, and the arrow is pointing up. Talib, Kelly, and Vereen will return, the rookies will improve, and this very young team will only get better. The Broncos are ever-so-slightly better at 6-1, and they've plateaued.

They don't start today.  All 16 games need to be played.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

As long as Talib's hip injury isn't a problem all year, I agree.  I wonder when Kelly can start practicing again. Maybe this week?

Brady has to improve. He's my main concern. Been this way since the 2010 playoff loss to the Jets.

KC is impressive. Alex Smith can move the sticks and not throw Pick 6s.  Denver in second place in the AFC West. I predicted the Chiefs would challenge them for the division.

Broncos have no D, nor does Indy for that matter.

What does Talib possess?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Pats are done....who they gonna beat in playoffs?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Well said, sir. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Let's bring this up again on 12/6...sometime around 5 pm....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Let's bring this up again on 12/6...sometime around 5 pm....

Fair enough.  It should be an ideal time to revisit the matter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I don't think the arrow is quite pointing up yet......not until folks like Kelly, DA, Talib get back on the team and Gronk is in game shape.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

What is real? The win over the Saints last week or the loss to the Jets this week? The answer is both. All teams lose games. The Colts beat the 49ers, Seahawks and Broncos but lose to the Dolphins and Chargers. Any given Sunday. There will be better days. On to next week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Brady's play has been subpar for awhile. Pats have injuries afffecting the D so the Offense needs to PLAY better and that is on Brady and McDaniel!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I think the real story is a young team with key injuries....On D we have lost a key player on every level of the Defense, two on the front line. This alone would kill most teams chances of winning. Losing the Defensive Leader and most aggressive player as one of this, is a back breaker.

Our D really struggled yesterday. Hightower seemed lost at times and I think it also has to do with leading the defensive huddle. He was thinking and not reacting. Especially on the touchdown run by Jets QB. But the Defense almost did enough to win the game.

Our offense is a work in progress as it has been all year. I think the play calling has been off this year and we have lost our identity. We need to establish one again. Are we a good passing team with a decent running game, are we a good running team with a decent passing game or are we an effective balanced offense that keeps you guessing. We don't know yet. Some of this is injury based and new personnel. Some of this is poor execution.

Tom Brady seems off this year. His decisions are not sharp and execution is off. He lost his personal Quarterback Coach that had been with him since he was in High School. Tom Martinez in 2012. This is his first year where he does not have his help. Maybe this is affecting his performance and confidence more than we know. In the last year he has lost all the receivers he knows, his mentor and friend and he is getting older. This is a lot to overcome and adjust to. I think we are seeing this more than we are aware of. Martinez helpped TFB with mechanics, adjustments due to injuries, discussion, game planning and play digesting (what he did well and what he did wrong). Losing all of this guidance, losing players you know and dealing with an ever changing set of receivers due to injuries and you have a recipe for confusion and poor play. How much of Tom's success was BB, McDaniels, others or Martinez. Brady's new Qback mentor is big on mechanics and throwing motions and may have made changes in Brady's mechanics that is also causing some of the issues. 

I am not making excuses for Brady or for the Pats. As BB says, we are what are record and performances say we are. I think they are a team in transition and a team that must define who they are, who their new leaders are and what their identity is.

The fact that they are 5-2, lead their division and are forth seeded at the moment means that they are positioned ok but need to do better. We all know this and can see it. 

We as fans have to suffer through this change and trust that BB and Brady will get better and will lead us to V-I-C-T-O-R-Y..... we have been spoiled in the last few years. I am excited to see each and every game this year to see all this unfold.

I hate that they lost to the JETS. I hate when they lose to anyone. But especially the JETS. We will learn from this and hopefully when the injuries get better we will get better and more consistent performance. Only then will the arrow point up and can we see a light at the end of the tunnel.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

What is real? The win over the Saints last week or the loss to the Jets this week? The answer is both. All teams lose games. The Colts beat the 49ers, Seahawks and Broncos but lose to the Dolphins and Chargers. Any given Sunday. There will be better days. On to next week.

Thank you for a sensible post.  The doom and gloomers are out in full force today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Of course we must blame Brady, it doesn't matter what kind of crap he's given at WR.  He still has too be perfect.  WR's the lead the league in dropped passes are no execuse for Brady underperforming.  Maybe we should sign an 80 something year old grandmother to play WR's, then we can really trash Brady for his poor play.

There were plenty of mistakes made by several players today and, yes, TB was one of them.  His accurracy has definitely been off a bit this year.  Actually, I was wondering if anybody else noticed the several times that the cameras focused on him on the bench looking at and flexing his throwing hand.  None of the announcers mentioned it, but it looked like he might be having an issue with his hand. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We'll need another body at DT, if Kelly comes back we'll be much better off but teams will now use the Jests blueprint to beat us, which means hammering us with the run.  People want to say how bad Hightower played yesterday but I would counter that opposing runners were knifing through our frontline too easy, with little or no resistance.  

Jones isn't bad but he is certainly no wall against the run, Vellano gets smothered and disappears against the run, the best combo we had in there yesterday was Jones and Fortson and those two were about as good as Love and Deaderick which is not nearly good enough.  

We miss Vince a lot worse than people think, we will lose just about every ground and pound, time of possession type game going forward unless we fix the D Tackle situation.  Not every team we play going forward will be able to play this style, but every team in the playoffs will...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

We're still in good shape at 5-2. There are probably 2 to 3 more losses the rest of the way which will have the team finish at 12-4 or 11-5, still good enough to win AFC East.  With a little luck, it may mean a bye for the wild-card round.  Beyond that, success will depend upon several things:

1. As Wozzy put it quite eloquently, the team needs a capable DT to improve the run defense.  A major part of yesterday's debacle was the inability to stop the run which allowed the Jets to chew up the play clock which kept the NE offense on the sidelines for more than 2/3rd of the game!

2. Brady simply has to get better.  He has played very inconsistently, almost as if his focus wavers on some Sundays; perhaps, Giselle has planned some family events that he's missing!  His decision-making and execution were poor yesterday as well as in the Bengals game.  He zeroes in a binky and does not let go - we see this too often.  He overthrows and underthrows a lot, especially on the sideline routes.  It looks like he has lost the deep ball ability despite having some speedsters on the roster.  Yeah, yeah, his rookie WRs drop the ball at times but that's no excuse.  Besides, they have been playing better, Brady has not.

3. Having said that, we still need Brady to win out.  With Kelly, Talib and Vereen returning within a few weeks and Gronk on board, Brady will have more defensive and offensive help.  Anyone having a Mallett fantasy should continue to dream because this team will go as far as Brady can take it.

Red Sox 2013 ALCS Champion, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

Sections
Shortcuts