Detroit trades QB Kevin O'Connell to Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxCeltsNo1. Show PatsSoxCeltsNo1's posts

Detroit trades QB Kevin O'Connell to Jets

Jets make a trade. Jets trade for QB Kevin O'Connell, whom Detroit claimed on waivers from New England.

via Twitter - Adam Shefter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Detroit trades QB Kevin O'Connell to Jets

Adam SchefterAdam_SchefterJets make a trade (not for Brandon Marshall). Jets trade for QB Kevin O'Connell, whom Detroit claimed on waivers from New England.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

WHO CARES........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxCeltsNo1. Show PatsSoxCeltsNo1's posts

In Response to Re: Detroit trades QB Kevin O'Connell to Jets:
    [QUOTE]WHO CARES........
    Posted by ZigZig[/QUOTE]

We should when the Jets are getting the playbook out of him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Zigzag-  I guess you care.....you read the thread

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstringr. Show mstringr's posts

The playbook will be juggled and will have grown plenty by the time the Jets come up on the schedule. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I thought the reason O'Connell was cut was because he was allergic to the playbook.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]I thought the reason O'Connell was cut was because he was allergic to the playbook.
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]LOL I guess BB isn't going to help Detroit anymore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Like that will hurt the Pats phsyche, LOL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

Oh my god. The Jests and Pats have done this to each other for years. This is such a non factor who cares. If the Jets want to trade something for a guy who the coaches don't even feel should be on the Pats roster then who cares.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Damn, now the Jets are going to win the Super Bowl.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

The Jets are going to the Super Bowl?..?....?...Only if Woody Johnson says, " If you guys can win 6 games this year, I'll be so thrilled I'll create a team junket and everyone can go to the Super Bowl on me"...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jets looking to flip O'Connell to Broncos?http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/
    Posted by Mike Florio on September 6, 2009 4:41 PM ET

We mentioned earlier today the possibility that the Pats didn't try to trade quarterback Kevin O'Connell before cutting him because New England coach Bill Belichick wanted to slide the 2008 third-rounder through to the Chiefs, whose G.M. is former Patriots V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli.

The fact that, you know, Pioli didn't submit a waiver claim for O'Connell sort of blew that theory to hell.

But the Broncos, coached by former Pats offensive coordinator
    Josh McDaniels, did make a claim for O'Connell.  And even if Belichick
    wasn't trying to help McDaniels out, there's a belief that the trade
    of O'Connell from the Lions to the Jets might be a precursor to renewed trade talks between the Jets and the Broncos for receiver Brandon Marshall.

The
    notion has been floated by Mike Klis of the Denver Post.  Though Klis
    points out that a source says the Broncos have no intention of trading
     Marshall, who rejoined the team today after a nine-day suspension
     for conduct detrimental to the team, the Jets seem to have even
     less of a need for O'Connell than the Lions did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

So who were all of the folks that laughed at those who wondered why we couldn't trade O'Connell?  Perhaps we did try and couldn't, but some on this board thought the notion of trading O'Connell was right up there with saying the moon was made of cheese...

I'm having a big crow fest for being wrong about Nunn being able to clear waivers.  Anyone from the "O'Connell can't be traded" camp care to join me?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lynnluvspats. Show lynnluvspats's posts

Uhh... maybe if KO could've figured out the playbook, he'd still be a Patriot... please.... Rex,  you are looking a bit Maginish... ! With pretty boy Sanchez, Clemons and Ainge.. did you really need another QB... how about a WR.... sorry dude, you're looking a bit desperate.... KO will be your KO....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

[QUOTE]The Jets are going to the Super Bowl?..?....?...Only if Woody Johnson says, " If you guys can win 6 games this year, I'll be so thrilled I'll create a team junket and everyone can go to the Super Bowl on me"...
    Posted by mountainmonkey[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

In Response to Detroit trades QB Kevin O'Connell to Jets:
    [QUOTE]Jets make a trade. Jets trade for QB Kevin O'Connell, whom Detroit claimed on waivers from New England. via Twitter - Adam Shefter
    Posted by PatsSoxCeltsNo1[/QUOTE]

Wow, the Jets pick up a quarterback, that they have no use for... or wait...maybe Rex and his keen defensive mind thinks that KO will... oh, sheet, Rex doesn't need any inside info.. what was I thinking... he's Rex the Great who will dominate the AFC East cause he's a big fat freak who is going to eat the Patriots .. for breakfast... oh yeah.. Kevin ... run for your life..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

Good move from Detroit !!!

Sections
Shortcuts