In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So I guess I should start wringing my hands.  Somehow, however, I just can't bring myself to that level of concern, hopeless homer that I am.

[/QUOTE]

Now, you're finally getting it. You must wring your hands (or pace with your hands behind your back, Churchill style) basically all year, because clearly BB has screwed everything up again and they'll never be competitive with the situation at (pick one) WR/TE/LB/DL/OL/RB/long snapper.

The offense was so awful last year they only outscored 30 of 32 teams (and trailed the 31st by one point). I expect equal ineptitude this year.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Why is it people who have nothing to add to a discussion will resort to extremes in a poor attempt to ridicule those who are on one side of the discussion? So you have zero concerns over the TE core?

Why is it worrying about a position that had a clear negative effect on the offense last season and did not improve at all from last year is suddenly over reacting that going to an extreme like that is warranted?

[/QUOTE]

It's "corps".

I tried to educate your buddy RKrap about this 2 weeks ago and he tried to backpedal saying that Boyce was the core of the WR group.

LMAO

Maybe there is a Broncos board you can join so you can talk about wittle Welkie everyday even though Edelman is every BIT as good as Welker, a better punt returner, can play DB and QB.

How does that taste?

[/QUOTE]

Ya know your a dope.

I clearly stated I thought the Pats were relying on 4 core WR's and 2 core TE's...even though there is thought that 7 WR's may make this roster

Why do you now substitute into the Welker not signing blunder Edelman when for 6 months you were passing gas all over Amendola? Is it because you were wrong, as usual? 

Fact, BB, therefore you as his psychotic follower thought letting Edelman walk to the Giants for $1M was no problem

Fact, when Welker left, you touted Amendola as his more than capable replacement, not Edelman.

Let me see...Kelley, Wilson, Welker, Ballard....I would say that makes you 0/4 in your preseason commentary last year...

I am willing to bet you will be 0/5 at the minimum this season....let the Rusty predictions begin...we all could use the laugh prior to camp

Lastly, please enlighten me on the correct usage for "couldn't" 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Develin being worked at TE

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ya know your a dope.

I clearly stated I thought the Pats were relying on 4 core WR's and 2 core TE's...even though there is thought that 7 WR's may make this roster

Why do you now substitute into the Welker not signing blunder Edelman when for 6 months you were passing gas all over Amendola? Is it because you were wrong, as usual? 

Fact, BB, therefore you as his psychotic follower thought letting Edelman walk to the Giants for $1M was no problem

Fact, when Welker left, you touted Amendola as his more than capable replacement, not Edelman.

Let me see...Kelley, Wilson, Welker, Ballard....I would say that makes you 0/4 in your preseason commentary last year...

I am willing to bet you will be 0/5 at the minimum this season....let the Rusty predictions begin...we all could use the laugh prior to camp

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Rkarp just toss him on ignore like the rest of us. Clearly the guy has issues and is trying to make up for his lack of intelligence but attempting to latch on to anything he perceives wrong. I say perceives because it's only wrong in his world. At this point I kind of feel bad for him if he can't understand the basic difference between a core and a corp and it's his only attack left to suggest they are being used in properly it's pretty sad. He doesn't understand the core of a position is usually considered the players you build the position around or more generally those who you believe will be starting at times during the year while the corp is the whole group within that position which includes the depth pieces. Not to mention his obsessions with players (seriously this guy mentions BB, Brady, and Welker more often than we mention the entire 53 man roster combined). Let him think he has a victory, it might be the only joy in his life. At this point I just feel bad for the guy when I realized the best thing he has going for him, in his own mind, is being the internet Einstein, police, and bully.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Working out Develin at TE is an excellent move but a no brainer as well. Certaily helps him become more versatile if it works out.

On the discussion on whether TE NEEDS to be upgraded with better depth, I say no. Take a look at the history of production from the postion since BB has been here.

REC. Yards  TD

-------------------
    Gronk                 39  592  4
    Hooman              12 136   1
    Mulligan               2   16     1

-----------------------
    Gronk                 55  790   11
    Hernandez           51  483    5
    Hooman                5  109    0
    Fells                     4   85    0
    Winslow                1   12    0

--------------------------
    Gronk                90  1327  17
    Hernandez         79    910    7

---------------------------
    Hernandez         45  563  6
    Gronk                42  546  10
    Crumpler             6   52   2

----------------------------
    Watson             29   404  5
    Baker                14  142   2

Watson            22  209  2
    Thomas             9  93    0

-----------------------------
    Watson            36  389  6
    Brady                9   70   2
    Thomas             1   9    0
    Vrabel               2    3    2

-----------------------------
    Watson            49   643  3
    Graham            21   235  2
    Thomas            11   159  1

Watson            29   441   4
    Graham           16   235    3
    Fauria               8    57     2
    Vrabel               3     4      3

Graham           30  364  7
    Fauria              16  195  2
    Weaver             8    93  0
    Watson             2   16   0
    Vrabel               2     3   2

-------------------------------
    Graham             38   409  4
    Fauria                28   285  2
    Andruzzi              1     0   0

--------------------------------
    Fauria               27  253  7
    Graham             15  150  1
    Cleeland            16  112  1
    Vrabel                 1    1    1

-----------------------------------
    Wiggins             14  133  4
    Rutledge              5  35   0
    Cox                     1   7   0

------------------------------------
    Wiggins              16  203   1
    Bjornson             20  152   2
    Rutledge             15 103    1

Last year was pretty much on par with the majority of years BB has been here. 2010-2012 being the more productive years. The diffrence? Gronk and Hernandez of course. You can't take away the fact Hernandez was an excellent player and had the agility and quickness of a WR. BB and O'Brien saw this and tweaked the offense a little to have them on the field at the same time. Teams around the league have tried to copy this but most haven't been able to do it, atleast not at the level of production Gronk and Hernandez did. Why? Because Gronk and Hernandez are rare players that don't come around often and it was a freak thing we got them both the same year.

So with that said, it would be nice to see them find another move TE and see that flexibility on offense but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it. There's no proof Keller or Finley will do much here. They could just turn out to be another Winslow signing. I would welcome them here for the competition and see what they have but I would think if BB thought they would upgrade the position and they were ready health wise, they'd be signed by now. People mentioned the offense stalled without Gronk, yes thats true but it also has a lot to do with Brady's unfamiliarity with the recievers. He literally had no one he knew other than Gronk and Edelmen to some extent. TE depth is not much of a concern to me, Gronk's health is because he's a special player. As ATJ said, a Mulligan type would be fine behind Hooman imo. People should expect more from the WR's this year if Gronk gets injured.

*Note: I added Cox, Vrabel and Andruzzi since they were lined up at TE in goaline or short yardage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So I guess I should start wringing my hands.  Somehow, however, I just can't bring myself to that level of concern, hopeless homer that I am.

[/QUOTE]

Now, you're finally getting it. You must wring your hands (or pace with your hands behind your back, Churchill style) basically all year, because clearly BB has screwed everything up again and they'll never be competitive with the situation at (pick one) WR/TE/LB/DL/OL/RB/long snapper.

The offense was so awful last year they only outscored 30 of 32 teams (and trailed the 31st by one point). I expect equal ineptitude this year.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Why is it people who have nothing to add to a discussion will resort to extremes in a poor attempt to ridicule those who are on one side of the discussion? So you have zero concerns over the TE core?

Why is it worrying about a position that had a clear negative effect on the offense last season and did not improve at all from last year is suddenly over reacting that going to an extreme like that is warranted?

[/QUOTE]

It's "corps".

I tried to educate your buddy RKrap about this 2 weeks ago and he tried to backpedal saying that Boyce was the core of the WR group.

LMAO

Maybe there is a Broncos board you can join so you can talk about wittle Welkie everyday even though Edelman is every BIT as good as Welker, a better punt returner, can play DB and QB.

How does that taste?

[/QUOTE]

Ya know your a dope.

[/QUOTE]

No, you didn't. The entire board saw you write "WR core". It's a common error, but not for someone with an MBA from Harvard. LMAO

That's why it's so comical.  Don't you see?  Of course you don't.

Fact, when Welkie left, I not only called it months in advance, I said I'd rather have the budgeted money go to TWO good WRs, vs just the one in Welkie just to cater to Brady's and Welker's friendship. FACT.

Welker now makes 8 million in 2013. Case closed. It's beyond clear, not only is our WR group better than Denver's, it's deeper today and moving forward.

Running backs, too.  If Gronk is ready to go, throw in the TE position being stronger than Denver's.

Note how Elway's massive losses from last year's team all over the roster is mainly due to poor drafts recently, poor internal player development and just wildly knee jerking on the market to make splashes.

When Seattle blasted Denver off the field in the SB, I only knew it would happen, it was apparent why it was happening. Seattle had a much deeper roster.

It took them 5 years to do try to accomplish it while drafting pretty high every year, but I like it when an AFC rival makes big mistakes in teambuilding.

We had no business in that title game last year with all the injuries, but it's a testament to how BB builds teams here.

He's brilliant.  Elway? Not so much. If Denver had the same kind of losses, they'd have been a major question mark to even qualify for the playoffs.

We'll see if swapping out that many starters catches up them this year like it does to most every team that thinks they are above swapping out that many starters at once.  Every single team is affected by it. It will affect Denver, Welkie and Gomie 1 year older, Talib a health risk and Ware is 32 and not the same 3 down player he was 3 years ago.

As for us, Tommy Kelly was a GREAT signing. I look forward to watching him this year as well.  He was a beast last year.  Ballard didn't work out, but what was the harm?  Wilson had never been hurt in his entire career, nor had Wilfork.  So, you lose there, too.  

You literally think you are a scout or an NFL employee, which is flippin' hilarious. It's also comical how to try to project this little tone, that since you work as an electrician around a tv truck, it means your word is gospel here.

I've never seen someone throw more crap at a wall in my life other than Red Army in World War II.

You have nowhere to go just like Brady in January.  BB will have a 12 or 13 win team again, looking down the barrel of a SB title and you'll somehow find a way to deflect from Brady and put it all on BB, praising other GMs, simply because BB won't give you the time of day when you see him from afar.

You've all but admitted your bias to the board here.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

It's "corps".

LMAO

How does that taste?

[/QUOTE]

Ya know your a dope.

[/QUOTE]

No, you didn't. The entire board saw you write "WR core". It's a common error, but not for someone with an MBA from Harvard. LMAO

That's why it's so comical.  Don't you see?  Of course you don't.

Fact, when Welkie left, I not only called it months in advance, I said I'd rather have the budgeted money go to TWO good WRs, vs just the one in Welkie just to cater to Brady's and Welker's friendship. FACT.

Welker now makes 8 million in 2013. Case closed. It's beyond clear, not only is our WR group better than Denver's, it's deeper today and moving forward.

Running backs, too.  If Gronk is ready to go, throw in the TE position being stronger than Denver's.

Note how Elway's massive losses from last year's team all over the roster is mainly due to poor drafts recently, poor internal player development and just wildly knee jerking on the market to make splashes.

When Seattle blasted Denver off the field in the SB, I only knew it would happen, it was apparent why it was happening. Seattle had a much deeper roster.

It took them 5 years to do try to accomplish it while drafting pretty high every year, but I like it when an AFC rival makes big mistakes in teambuilding.

We had no business in that title game last year with all the injuries, but it's a testament to how BB builds teams here.

He's brilliant.  Elway? Not so much. If Denver had the same kind of losses, they'd have been a major question mark to even qualify for the playoffs.

We'll see if swapping out that many starters catches up them this year like it does to most every team that thinks they are above swapping out that many starters at once.  Every single team is affected by it. It will affect Denver, Welkie and Gomie 1 year older, Talib a health risk and Ware is 32 and not the same 3 down player he was 3 years ago.

As for us, Tommy Kelly was a GREAT signing. I look forward to watching him this year as well.  He was a beast last year.  Ballard didn't work out, but what was the harm?  Wilson had never been hurt in his entire career, nor had Wilfork.  So, you lose there, too.  

You literally think you are a scout or an NFL employee, which is flippin' hilarious. It's also comical how to try to project this little tone, that since you work as an electrician around a tv truck, it means your word is gospel here.

I've never seen someone throw more crap at a wall in my life other than Red Army in World War II.

You have nowhere to go just like Brady in January.  BB will have a 12 or 13 win team again, looking down the barrel of a SB title and you'll somehow find a way to deflect from Brady and put it all on BB, praising other GMs, simply because BB won't give you the time of day when you see him from afar.

You've all but admitted your bias to the board here.  

[/QUOTE]

But you were still 0/4 last season predictions

And you lost our Jets bet to boot!

Discuss

Sections
Shortcuts