Develin Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Develin Released

Good....now get on the phone and beg Washington to come back........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Fells coming back?  Or maybe Ballard, but I guess Fells.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Hopefully this is not permanent and they can adjust the PS members.  We're very close to avoiding those philosophical offensive meltdowns with our finesse preferences in January.

Develin could be used like how GB uses John Kuhn.

Do you see a shift from Plato/Aristotle to Marx/Nietzsche?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hopefully this is not permanent and they can adjust the PS members.  We're very close to avoiding those philosophical offensive meltdowns with our finesse preferences in January.

Keeping Develin is pointless when you have Hoo-Man.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Where is your link?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

No linky???....don't you call people Trolls for doing this?

Inquiring minds want to know.........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

We are waiting...........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Do you see a shift from Plato/Aristotle to Marx/Nietzsche?

You're comparing Marx and Nietzsche? bawahaha

Karl and Fred were both German, Godless men.  Marx favored the 4-3 more than Nietzsche, but yeah, you make it seem like these guys were polar opposites.  They weren't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Don't have one. Source is 98.5. I am sure the media is burned out from updating with links, but it will be out soon.

Frankie from Gloucester?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Hope not, watched the Bucs game again and Devlin lead the way for ridley very nicely in the 1st qtr. Hope to maintain a Fb as it gives our offense a different look then the past few years.

"Defense Wins Championships"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Tom Brady was released.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Tom Brady was released.......

By Gisele

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

We are waiting...........

Develin apparently was released. Could the Pats may have delayed releasing him purposely, in order to have a better chance of sneaking him on to their practice squad? http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2013/09/source_james_develin_released.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Leverage......Devlin was leverage( contract negociations ) with both Fells and Ballard......

Would expect one of the two to return in Devlins place, with a discounted contract....

Pats dealing with the AH cap hit of 7.5 mil next year....Looking to cary over as much space as possible...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The guy wasn't good enough for the Cincy practice squad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I don't understand the references to Marx and Nietzshe? I have consulted all NFL rosters and did not notice any of these guys being released and picked up by the Pats. Can you provide some documentation or links to the site? Kiper never mentioned them either. And Plato / Aristotle. I don't think I recognize those guys either. Where do you get your info? What are your sources?

Are they CFL guys?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Develin will get on the PS  . . . Fells will not come back until after game 1 so his vet salary is not locked in . . . he will be the 3rd TE for games 2 and 3 and they will try Gronk in the 4th game . . . if he plays 90% or better then Fells gets released.  If not Fells will be with the team until Gronk in fully ready to go.  Didn't Ballard get picked up by someone off waivers . . .at least I thought I saw that somewhere.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:

Leverage......Devlin was leverage( contract negociations ) with both Fells and Ballard......

Would expect one of the two to return in Devlins place, with a discounted contract....

Pats dealing with the AH cap hit of 7.5 mil next year....Looking to cary over as much space as possible...

I don't think that is the case.  You may be right, but that would seemingly have already happened. Gronk is ready, Sudfeld emerged, Brady liked Hooman better last year than Fells.

As for Develin, this could be part of BB's PS shuffling.

has and is happening.....Homan took a cut....now after being cut and not picked out of the scrap heap, one has reconsidered...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The FB position is an archaic, limited asset from a defunct style that provides ZERO strategic or tactical flexibility for an offense. Its a waste of personnel as an athletic TE can provide the purpose AND catch the ball well. This is not surprising and our offense is not in need of a FB. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ugh. Such a moron. Cincy is LOADED with young talent like us.

Do you ever understand anything?

I understand that they haven't finished better than 10-6 since 2005.  If a guy can't make the PRACTICE SQUAD for a 10-6 team, do you think he can make the New England Patriots?

Obviously not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

The FB position is an archaic, limited asset from a defunct style that provides ZERO strategic or tactical flexibility for an offense. Its a waste of personnel as an athletic TE can provide the purpose AND catch the ball well. This is not surprising and our offense is not in need of a FB. 

I could not agree more. Fullback is a rotary phone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

BB springs another big surprise and brings Tebow back as a FB.

Living well is the best revenge.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

The FB position is an archaic, limited asset from a defunct style that provides ZERO strategic or tactical flexibility For an offense. Its a waste of personnel as an athletic TE can provide the purpose AND catch the ball well. This is not surprising and our offense is not in need of a FB. 

Diagree. Baltimore's first play from scrimmage in the SB was a designed checkdown to FB Vontae Leach.  That kind of thing forces the LBs to stay closer to the line of scrimmage. The battering ram blocking FB might be archaic, but not an all purpose one.

Kuhn has been a key player for GB with how they set up their successful offense.

Russ, you site a single play. I site the vast majority of NFL offensive teams' rosters that have eliminated the natural FB position as proof that position is being phased out. No comparison in basis. This is an easy one. FBs are being phased out and it is a fact, not my opinion. Look at today's rosters. You can argue, but its a fact, even if you don't agree. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Heard Ballard's contract is not guaranteed if he comes back after week 1.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Rally C

Please explain your thinking on the FB positiion and it's offensive limitiations.

Sections
Shortcuts