Develin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Develin

I was pleased they kept a real FB.  I know it's a dying position in the NFL, but I think having a real FB (and not just TEs) gives you yet another arrow in your quiver. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

I was pleased they kept a real FB.  I know it's a dying position in the NFL, but I think having a real FB (and not just TEs) gives you yet another arrow in your quiver. 

Absolutely. I made this argument a few weeks back. Some claimed it is a "dying breed" position, but it's not if you can catch and also be a decent short yardage runner.

We kept 4 TEs last year, but why not keep 3 and the 1 FB?

The difference is, the FB can lead block which can sometimes be into the second line of defenders if a TE is used in-line to pick up the first line (OLB, DE or nickel).

We aren't talking Sam Gash here. We're talking an athlete who was playing DT in college.

The kid is an athlete. 

[/QUOTE]

You have to assume he's smart too, being an ivy leaguer. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I love that he wears the old school neck padding.  Makes him look like even more of a tank.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Great thread, he's doing a great job.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Engineer major at Brown so you know he has some horse power upstairs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I thought we'd keep 5 rbs if one was a FB or TE.  I didn't expect 5 RBs and a FB.  If the pats don't game plan to run the ball we get soft.  I like a FB much better then sticking a small O line man in to block.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree Russ. I have been impressed with Develins play as well. Does him making the team signify our commitment to the run? it seems like we are running the ball more and more effectively this year than in recent years past. Just my gut, I am not looking at any stats. Develin has been a big part of that success. Really liked Brady looking to him as that outlet last game. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I really like the diversity at RB/FB this year.  When Vereen gets back, it will be even better.  Each guy has his strengths, and there is some nice depth with Blount, Ridley and Bolden.  It's fun to see Develin in there mashing it up, hopefully we see him catching some balls out of the backfield.  Not sure how the offense will evolve once Gronk and Amendola come back, but if this D continues to be legit and if the Pats can be consistent on the ground then it could be an interesting year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I really like the diversity at RB/FB this year.  When Vereen gets back, it will be even better.  Each guy has his strengths, and there is some nice depth with Blount, Ridley and Bolden.  It's fun to see Develin in there mashing it up, hopefully we see him catching some balls out of the backfield.  Not sure how the offense will evolve once Gronk and Amendola come back, but if this D continues to be legit and if the Pats can be consistent on the ground then it could be an interesting year. 

when Vareen gets back, I have to assume either Devlin or Washington go, agree?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

washington

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I'd say Washington for sure.  Unless they are absolutely sure that having him on kickoff is a must.  I see him as insurance for Vereen, but I'd rather see him returning kickoffs over Blount.