Devin hester wants a fresh start

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Devin hester wants a fresh start

Should BB trade for him? be nice to have a good KO  and punt returner.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/03/devin-hester-wants-a-fresh-start/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Devin hester wants a fresh start

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Should BB trade for him? be nice to have a good KO  and punt returner.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/03/devin-hester-wants-a-fresh-start/

perhaps the best KR/PR in history

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Would certainly help in the return game, but I'm not sure we need him for that... Edelman is a great PR, and Demps may solve the KR issues.

He doesn't do anything to help our WR situation. Guy has never been a dependable WR... soft, not great hands, and despite his speed he's never been a big-time deep-threat like Mike Wallace or DeSean Jackson.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Would certainly help in the return game, but I'm not sure we need him for that... Edelman is a great PR, and Demps may solve the KR issues.

He doesn't do anything to help our WR situation. Guy has never been a dependable WR... soft, not great hands, and despite his speed he's never been a big-time deep-threat like Mike Wallace or DeSean Jackson.

exaclty. you cant have 2 of everything on a team. i say no.

the cb and wr we pick up may also be kr/pr backup

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

dude. Demps is 5'7 and a running back. he would get killed on KO's

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

there are many tiny kr in the league. always have been. ever heard of trindon holliday? you may have seen him in the playoffs return a punt and a kick for td.

while short, demps is not small either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Plenty of RBs and small guys returning kicks.  Demps returned kicks at Florida, too.  Don't think size is an issue.  Speed is the key.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Demps is the man for the job, Hester is a wasted roster spot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

guys to be honest, aren't you tried of the hobbits we've been using for the past few years? I don't want a bunch of paul bunyans, but fk, we need to beef up with our players, speed is great, but with speed comes monsterous hitting that inflicts injuries, if small guys don't have durable bodies the end result  is IR

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Shoot! Someone should tell Leon Washington and Darren Sproles!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Woody is the smallest guy on our team and he has been fairly durable.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

guys to be honest, aren't you tried of the hobbits we've been using for the past few years? I don't want a bunch of paul bunyans, but fk, we need to beef up with our players, speed is great, but with speed comes monsterous hitting that inflicts injuries, if small guys don't have durable bodies the end result  is IR

u know the old saying: can't hit what you can't catch!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Demps and Edelman will do just fine. No need for Hester, he can't run routes either so he probably wouldn't work out in this offense

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Demps and Edelman will do just fine. No need for Hester, he can't run routes either so he probably wouldn't work out in this offense

yeah but he can run far and fast which can help any offense

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

I agree!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

As mentioned, Demps on KR while Edelman returns Punts. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Give Demps a shot at the job. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'd like some size at WR and RB (though Ridley is fine), but I'm okay with a small kick returner. At 5-11, 190, Hester isn't huge himself.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Glad to see that the majority of posters on this board are intelligent, rational people. Great comments on this thread (a few outliers notwithstanding).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

i agree about Sproles. He's damn good. I'm not saying I want Hester, just throwing it out for discussion. keep in mind Demps got injured before the season even started. and yeah hester is not much bigger, but he has a great history of returning

edelman has done a great job on punt returns too, but every year he gets hurt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

kansaspatriot isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. 

would that be a joshua tree?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I'd like some size at WR and RB (though Ridley is fine), but I'm okay with a small kick returner. At 5-11, 190, Hester isn't huge himself.  

pro how about a big RB like AP? wow, would that be sweet

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

pro how about a big RB like AP? wow, would that be sweet

Sure, he'd be great, much like Dillon was for us.   But I doubt BB focuses too much on RBs this year.  Too many other holes to fill.  I'm hoping he gets us some size at corner, WR, safety, and defensive tackle first . . .