Devin McCourty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Devin McCourty

A CB?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

Re: Devin McCourty

are you kidding me!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

4.48 forty yards, really explosive on the 3-cone shuttle, from a small school where BB has placed a coach, absolutely a BB type of guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

huh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I've been arguing we need a CB . . . but I thought we'd take Kindle with this pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

appearently he's a special team guru. Yeah that's what I want a special teams play that might play some nickle with a 1st rnd pick. I don't like this pick at all

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

oh yes the draft is deep,and we pick a nobody.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I would have preferred Kindle. I'm really hoping they trade up for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I give up... Why watch a Patriots draft since Pioli left. Belichick cannot draft

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Another midget CB..............cool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

We had Dez Bryant in our grasps and we take thid guy???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

f*ck bill belichick! he is an ignorant POS!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

we are stacked at corner.and the secondary.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymc727. Show mattymc727's posts

Why do I get so excited for the draft when BB pulls garbage like this every year.... I could not be more dissapointed with this pick. The next beer goes out to Mccourty for proving me wrong.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

putting bets that the Jets swipe Kindle or Hughes?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

Patriots put too high of value on some of these players just because they are "great special teamers".  Instead of drafted a guy that is great at one thing like rushing the QB they take guys that are "pretty good" at several things, thats why they don't have many outstanding players on their team. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

for this we could have drafted dez bryant.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Are you frigging kidding me? I don't care who it is, but no corner is going to be effective without a pash rush. You cannot cover receivers forever. Kindle, Hughes, Griffen all available...unfreaking believable...another smurf.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

horrible pick

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Wow. We could have probably gotten this guy with one of our 2nd round picks and taken Dez earlier. LAME

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

WTH happened here?  I really didn't think CB was on the table in the first 4 picks...  I really hope Kindle/Hughes make it through tonight and BB trades up for one of the two...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Strengths:
    Excellent athleticism --- Adequate size with long arms --- Great speed with a burst to close and recover --- Quick and agile --- Fluid hips and transitions well --- Terrific feet --- Able to turn and run with wideouts downfield --- Nice instincts and awareness --- Reliable tackler --- Comes up to help in run support --- Hard worker --- Leader --- Durable with a lot of experience against top competition --- Also a  special  teams  ace. 

Weaknesses:
    Can be a bit inconsistent --- Lacks great hands and ball skills --- Allows too many completions --- Has trouble disengaging from blocks --- Does not always get a proper jam at the line --- Struggles with big wideouts. 

Notes:
    Was a three-year starter for the Scarlet Knights --- Has a twin brother, Jason, plays for the Tennessee Titans --- Earned 1st Team All-Big East honors in 2009 --- Named a team captain as a senior --- Was a top special teams gunner, saw action as a return man and blocked seven kicks during his college career --- Possesses a nice blend of physical tools and intangibles --- Profiles as a potential starter at the next level but will at the very least provide value as a backup and special teamer.

well there's the scouting report, can't say i know much about the kid....CB? I'm as suprised as you guys

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

pass rush has been our biggest need.i cant figure it out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Vollmer, Butler, Chung in 2nd. Pryor and Edelman getting PT. One could argue that BB and Reese draft in 09 was better than any of Pioli's drafts the four years prior. You can't say its a deep draft than b--ch an moan when BB trades down for more picks......in a deep draft. Better value in 2nd.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

NFL.com did not list cornerback as a position of need for the pats. 

Sections
Shortcuts