Devin McCourty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

Re: Devin McCourty

Hello Mr Kraft. My name Is Devin Mcourty. i know you dont know who i am but thanks for drafting me and you will not regret it.

Lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

In Response to Re: Devin McCourty:
    I have some trust of Wes Bunting at NationalFootballPost.com  He had McCourty as pick #26 on his top thirty.  The guy's not a smurf, he's 5'11", about 2 inches and 15 pounds over a typical Patriots smurf.  He can defend against the run.  The pass rush is a hole to be filled, but BB still has four more picks for Friday in a deep draft.  After oddball picks like Vollmer and Logan Mankins I'd tread lightly on this oddball pick.
    Posted by Paul_K

Well said.....If all the knuckleheads ont his board were running the show we'd look like the Cowboys & Raiders Bastidd kid....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm sorry but I'm getting real tired of the CB carosal after Samuel left. This guy is not going to take Bodden's or Butler's spot so we just spent a 1st on a ST player that wil play on occassion in nickle. I swear I saw an interview earlier with BB where he said that in the first he was looking for a player that would be a every down type not one that wil play a handful of times. This kid better average 35 yrds a return and get a td every other game on ST

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

Relax everyone, I know we have a slew of all american armchair qb's here but take it easy. Amazing the 180 so many here have taken w/ Belichick. Guy only brought you a dynasty. Pats definitely need help in the secondary regardless of what SI or espn or whoever says. Just look at how the dbacks were burned by elite qbs. I would think that there are bigger needs but I havent won any SBs so it doesnt really matter does it.
    Posted by mattymcgee55
    And it is looking more and more like he did do it by cheating. No true Pat fan can be excited about the upconing season. This team has done nothing to improve itself. Other team draft impact players and BB picks his type of player. After the recent retirement of some of the core players from those SB teams, he has done nothing to replace them. Anyone that thinks differently is wearing rose colored glass purchased from BB himself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

This guy they figure is BETTER than Kimdle? I just don't know what is going through Bill's head! Hughes just got drafted by the freakin Colts by the way!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

So who got the better corner?  Pats with McCourty at 27 or the Jets with Kyle Wilson at 29? Will be interesting to compare these two as the season unfolds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

when the marshall and holmes moved to the afc east, there were people here who thought we needed to get a cb. i said it was an overreaction because the real needs were in the trenches. people who wanted a cb should be happy. i think bb overreacted.

look i still think he is a great coach. that does not mean he does not make bad decisions. i think we saw that he made a few of that last season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

This wouldn't be so bad if they didn't draft so bad!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

For those Patriots "fans" here that do nothing but complain, please, go root for the Cowboys and your boy Dez. 

You dont think BB knows what he needs...or that reporters dont know what is happening behind the scenes...or that perhaps the Patriots know who is a bust, and who is not, on the current roster...or what plans they have tomorrow and Saturday?

As for the real Pat fans out there, keep the faith, brothers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB was wounded by Drew Brees and Peyton Manning picking his secondary apart.  One cure is to get another young, fast secondary guy who can play the run.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

CBSSports has good things to say about McCourty: -------------------------------------------------------------------- Read & React: Reads receiver's body language to see if his man is the primary target. Quick to jump routes because he reads the quarterback well. Doesn't bite on stop-and-go routes. Supports the run quickly, even when the play is between the tackles or on the other side of the field. Man Coverage: Can press or play off effectively. Has fluid hips, transitions smoothly and stays low and is quick in his backpedal. Sticks to receivers on their routes, showing excellent change of direction. Plays more physically than you would expect for his size, using his hands to jam on the line and maintain contact downfield. Larger receivers will use their size to shield him from slants and crossing patterns. Zone Coverage: Should make a very good zone corner in the NFL. Good awareness, keeping one eye on the short receiver and another on any players trying to hit the hole behind him. Comes off his man to react to a ball in the air. Makes the easy interception, goes up to get the ball and has strong hands. Will freelance when no receiver lines up on his side, leaving his zone open. Closing/Recovery: Baits quarterbacks into throwing in his direction, closing very well when the ball is in front of him. Good plant and drive with body control. Takes the proper angle to the receiver. Lacks elite speed, but can recover quickly enough when picked on crossing or drag routes to make the tackle. Run Support: Very willing (and able) to support the run. Attacks running backs coming into his area, bringing them down with veracity. Holds up his man to force plays inside. Hustles across the field to plays on the opposite sideline. Tough player, but still lacks the size to consistently get off downfield blocks from larger receivers. Tackling: Wiry strong and solid in his tackling technique. Brings his hips and wraps ballcarriers when straight-on in his sights. Doesn't give up many yards after catch. Attacks screens, even after push off from larger receivers. Avoids blocks in the open field, usually wrapping a leg instead of cutting. Rarely misses completely, even against elusive runners. Should be one of the better special teams players in his class. Intangibles: Reliable veteran who loves to play the game. Took a leadership role in 2009 with Jason McCourty and safety Courtney Greene in the NFL. Very good student who made multiple Big East All-Academic teams. NFL Comparison: Ronde Barber, Buccaneers
    Posted by TheCommittee

Who cares about any of this? The guy stinks, just ask anyone on this board.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

In Response to Re: Devin McCourty : Who cares about any of this? The guy stinks, just ask anyone on this board.
    Posted by jerh5

Yes, the geniuses of this board. Now thats a hoot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

This guy they figure is BETTER than Kimdle? I just don't know what is going through Bill's head! Hughes just got drafted by the freakin Colts by the way!
    Posted by jozee76

hughs to the colts...now i am upset.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU8HcntykVo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

For those Patriots "fans" here that do nothing but complain, please, go root for the Cowboys and your boy Dez.  You dont think BB knows what he needs...or that reporters dont know what is happening behind the scenes...or that perhaps the Patriots know who is a bust, and who is not, on the current roster...or what plans they have tomorrow and Saturday? As for the real Pat fans out there, keep the faith, brothers.
    Posted by Sveltics
    Excuse Me, but I am a true Patriots fan and have the right not like what is happening to the team. Can you say that this years team is improved over last years. Yes I understand that their are more picks to be made tomorrow, but no cornerback is worth anything when their is no pass rush. Draft a corner in the 1st round was a bad pick, and no one could believe the pick. And that includes plenty of people that do nothing but study these kids for months. So please stop saying that people complaining aren't fan because we are. And please that off the Rose color glass that BB sold you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

For those Patriots "fans" here that do nothing but complain, please, go root for the Cowboys and your boy Dez.  You dont think BB knows what he needs...or that reporters dont know what is happening behind the scenes...or that perhaps the Patriots know who is a bust, and who is not, on the current roster...or what plans they have tomorrow and Saturday? As for the real Pat fans out there, keep the faith, brothers.
    Posted by Sveltics

This is such a dumb statement.  If the Pats knew who was a bust and who was not, every one of there picks would be ALL Pros.  The Pats have made some good picks and they certainly have made some bad picks in the past.  This is a DISCUSSION board, so why shouldnt people DISCUSS whether or not this was a good pick or not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbayjon. Show bbayjon's posts

bill belechick has a HUGE RIDICULOUS ego !! and feels he can pass on proven talent to take someone who he can coach up.. its not working anymore. we need more proven talent. smurf special team cornerbacks is the last thing the pats need at this point... belechick is passed his prime.. time to move on

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

BB was wounded by Drew Brees and Peyton Manning picking his secondary apart.  One cure is to get another young, fast secondary guy who can play the run.
    Posted by Paul_K

BS Paul!! The cure is a PASS-RUSH!!!!!! I'm sick and tired of the passive "bend but don't break" defense. The Pats will NEVER win another SB, playing so passively on defense!!

The Jets, Dolphins, and, worse yet...Colts...all improve...while the Pats stay stagnant...reacting to what other teams are doing...instead of being AGGRESSIVE!!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

This kid has a lot of pressure to prove his worth.  I know nothing about NFL personnel stuff so for all I know McCourty is the next Ty Law.  Pats fans were expecting a name and as the Patriots do time and again they make the move that no one saw coming. 
    Posted by BrooklineRob

Rob, We're all fans of this team. After the beat down inflicted by the Ravens last season, it goes without saying we were all looking for a pick to elevate the mood in the room so to speak. We've drafted a number of CB's recently and the results are less than stellar. My guess is he (BB) looked at the importance of the positions he felt needed to be addressed and passed on the names (Kindle) etc., to focus on his pick. 
    I'm disappointed in the pick, but the fun begins tomorrow at 6:00pm EST.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

Guys!! Nobody knows this team better than BB!

Remember everyone was talking about Gholston and BB picked Mayo
    Volmer anyone? 

Have faith on BB. We have Tyrone Mckenzie, Brandon Tate, Sean Crable still on the roster. No one knows how they are doing and what to be expected more than BB.

Wait and watch!! We are not raiders or cowboys

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Bottom line, WE NEED A PASS RUSH. With that being said we still have a bunch of picks and there are lots of quality guys left.

I am going to go on record and say this guy will pan out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

Problem here is none of you know this guy and you say he is garbage... he isn't the guy you've been watching videos of or hearing about, he isn't the sexy pick... but most of you are up here saying how he is garbage before you even go and find out who he is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Chill out dudes...get laid...and have a nice day. See you at the SB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbayjon. Show bbayjon's posts

n Response to Re: Devin McCourty:where is the talent?? bb is missing in the early rounds at it is killing the team.. add patrick chung to the list of busts. his inflated ego is hurting the pats at this point. its frustrating how many really good players bb has let pass bye him the last few years in the draft...
    In Response to Re: Devin McCourty : And it is looking more and more like he did do it by cheating. No true Pat fan can be excited about the upconing season. This team has done nothing to improve itself. Other team draft impact players and BB picks his type of player. After the recent retirement of some of the core players from those SB teams, he has done nothing to replace them. Anyone that thinks differently is wearing rose colored glass purchased from BB himself.
    Posted by ncpatriotfan

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from frusteratedpatsfan. Show frusteratedpatsfan's posts

I think BB has lost it, I watched the whole dam first round, I think the Pats are only interested  in saving money.  Duh everyone knew the Pats needed a pass rusher we had our chances.

I don't think we beat the Jets or Miami this year, forget the in Bill we trust crap.

Sections
Shortcuts