Devin McCourty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bonitated. Show bonitated's posts

Re: Devin McCourty

this draft was a joke from start to finish.  All BB wants is quantit of picks and trade down to prove that the Brady pick was no fluke..I think that BB had Snoop Dog over for the draft and had one too many fattys listening to old scholl rap. OR Then had Maaa Millen as a draft consultant..lets see 10 db's in the last 3 years and no hits yet>>>>If this is the best they can do he should start smoking fattys for next year 2 firsts 2 secnods and will trade down on all of them guaranteed...Jets are built to destroy Brady under Rex Ryan and they will

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

holeinone and bonitated, go play madden and get a clue.  Neither of u has one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vafan2004. Show vafan2004's posts

Scott Pioli was involved the drafts that brought us P.K. Sam and Cedric Cobbs.  He had his share of misses.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4677760/sport-science-video-devin-mccourty

Sport Science breaks down what made Devin McCourty one of the top cornerbacks in the 2010 draft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Love the "we needed a pass rusher" crowd. They keep forgetting that a pass rush is impossible when 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 4 receivers are left totally wide open for the first 3 or 4 seconds of EVERY play like the Pats did last year. Even I could have a QB rating of 141 playing against a d that was like that and I've never played organized football. You need guys (like McCourty) that can press at the line to give your linebackers and d-linemen the 3 to 4 seconds it takes to get to the QB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adjd. Show adjd's posts

In Response to Re: Devin McCourty:
    Are you joking?    First of all, I didnt have a problem dropping down. The teams we let go ahead of us had different needs and at least 1 of who I thought we were targeting would still be there. Personally, my wish list went like this: 1st choice: Sean Weatherspoon 2nd choice: Brandon Graham 3rd choice: Jerry Hughes 4th choice: Sergio Kindle 5th choice: Jared Odrick no where do you see me interested in a CB with bad football skills that will never make it off Special Teams.
    Posted by ZakMaine

Your wish list is irrelevant.  The first choice on my wish list is for "fans" like you
    to go back to your needlepoint.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adjd. Show adjd's posts

I love how some defend this pick,even when they know its the wrong one,or at least picked to soon.
    Posted by mosseffectredux

I'll defend the pick and I know it was the right one picked at the right time! 

Yeah, the Hughes/Kindle/Odrick trio was so good no other team wanted them till the end of the round and Kindle went much later than that. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adjd. Show adjd's posts

since 2004 the pats have used a philosphy of trading down quantity over quality and what hve they got...only 30% ofn their picks are still around. meanwhile the colts average 50%.  the pats have gone from elite to mediocre also rans.  If they had gone the other way they would have an elite CB, an elite pass rusher, an elitem tight end and another wide receiver who isyoung and can catch balls.  BB is collecting lower round draft picks instead of playmakers. Insanity is defined as repeating a mistake and expecting a different result.  meanwhile RK is smiling all the way to the bank.
    Posted by creiner812

Notice how BB turned a 2009 3rd round pick this year into Spikes, a 5th round pick + a 2011 second round pick? You don't know jack.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from creiner812. Show creiner812's posts

Poor pick, poor draft, poor fa period. Still no elite prospects taken.  only 1/3 of
    pats's picks since 2004 still with the team. Ravens and Colts 50% or more. trading down for quantity over up for quality isn't working and has led Pats from being an elite team to a mediocre also ran. They need elite paymakers not more low round draft choices.  Jets, Ravens, Fins, Texans, and super Colts better than patsies.  BB beginning to look like Cleveland all over again.  RK seen smiling all tyhe way to the bank. Insanity is making the same mistakes over and over and expecting a different result.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

this draft was a joke from start to finish.  All BB wants is quantit of picks and trade down to prove that the Brady pick was no fluke..I think that BB had Snoop Dog over for the draft and had one too many fattys listening to old scholl rap. OR Then had Maaa Millen as a draft consultant..lets see 10 db's in the last 3 years and no hits yet />>>>If this is the best they can do he should start smoking fattys for next year 2 firsts 2 secnods and will trade down on all of them guaranteed...Jets are built to destroy Brady under Rex Ryan and they will
    Posted by bonitated

LOL!  Wow, I have not had a laugh this good in quite some time...Thank you!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

bb should step down as gm and get someone who will do the draft work and bill will coach and not relie on the buddy system  bv
    Posted by bv9495

LOL!  Look at the underpoo/Leon/bradymossfan/BBrules....creating a new log in....either that ot a 7 yr olf got a hold of a PC....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Devin McCourty : Your wish list is irrelevant.  The first choice on my wish list is for "fans" like you to go back to your needlepoint.
    Posted by adjd

So says the Noob.....I would rather that other guy than Pink-hatters like you.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Poor pick, poor draft, poor fa period. Still no elite prospects taken.  only 1/3 of pats's picks since 2004 still with the team. Ravens and Colts 50% or more. trading down for quantity over up for quality isn't working and has led Pats from being an elite team to a mediocre also ran. They need elite paymakers not more low round draft choices.  Jets, Ravens, Fins, Texans, and super Colts better than patsies.  BB beginning to look like Cleveland all over again.  RK seen smiling all tyhe way to the bank. Insanity is making the same mistakes over and over and expecting a different result.
    Posted by creiner812

Speaking of quality....you might want to start making quality posts....I started to read blah, blah, blah....and it got so bad that I could not finish.....SERIOUSLY!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

bb should step down as gm and get someone who will do the draft work and bill will coach and not relie on the buddy system  bv
    Posted by bv9495

I see that this is your very first post, there seems to be alot of them lately. I remember a couple of years ago when the Pats selected Mayo how many fans screamed bloody murder because all the experts said he should have been taken in the mid/late second round. So what kind of draft work did you do? Listen to Kiper or read one of the draft guides?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

And what's bv9495?  What in Patriots history could that be?  A 1950s phone number?

The rest of the AFC East doesn't have a quarterback, although in fairness the Jets have a quarterback moniker.  So that leaves the power running game.  McCourty seems to be stronger, at cornerback, at stopping the run than the average CB.  He sheds blocks with those long arms and for a CB he's stout at the point of attack.  He also hits harder, which is unusual for a cornerback, and he's fast enough.  McCourty is going to cover tall receivers, he's going to play bump and run man-to-man in blitz situations, and he might be the guy to play BB's big nickel position.  Cornerbacks often have to grow into their role over a year or even two years, but I'm guessing that this kid was drafted because he'll be a quick study.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Ha ha this post is great. How smart everyone is wishing for Jerry Hughes and Sergio Kindle. How are they 9-2 with this buffoon Belichick calling the shots?!? 

Poor draft indeed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Glad to see this thread opened up again.  What a bunch of fairweather whiny Pink Hat Patriots fans there were back in April.  Good lord. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

glad u found this thread just shows how much some fans dont know anything about football or player evaluation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Yes, it is hilarious reading this thread from back in April. I, too, was not crazy about a CB pick in the 1st round, but I've learned to wait and see when it comes to challenging BB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i was all for the pick at the beginning of the season but had no idea just how important this kid would be. first one since ty law worth a damn

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

mccourty is the best corner in the afc east!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

the leagues next shut down corner... revis wasnt even this good his first season

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I remember I was confused why they did not draft a pass rusher in the 1st round....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

[QUOTE]the leagues next shut down corner... revis wasnt even this good his first season
    Posted by changes1677[/QUOTE]

revis is overrated he has been burnt often this year and the commentators use the "he is dinged up" excuse.

Sections
Shortcuts