Devin McCourty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Devin McCourty

Has anybody heard anything regarding Devin's injury? Let's hope it's not serious. Although Arrington filled in admirably last night, we can't afford to lose DMC. I feared for a separated shoulder when I first saw the replay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Devin McCourty

Yes I think it is a sep. shoulder and I am hearing 2 to 3 weeks.  I just checked the schedule and then I called Devin to tell him to relax, take is easy and we'll see him in January.

I think the kids can handle the next few games....

matta a fact, tell Mayo to sit down somewhere and Brady too...let everyone heal for the next few weeks....lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

He's been playing so poorly that maybe this will do him some good.  I'm serious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Arrington didn't fill in for him.  He's been the other top corner for a while.  If I said what I am about to say at the beginning of the season, I would have told myself to receive a post-birth abortion.  But DMC is pretty bad this year.  QB's are picking on him as if he was no better than Wilhite or Butler.  I'm wondering if someone...anyone...might be a better option at this point.  Towards the end of the last season, I remember commenting in some thread how DMC was being targeted more and more.  It stuck out in my mind.  It stuck out how it "appeared" as if teams were "beginning" to show Arrington more respect than DMC.

This will be a fun topic to discuss in the offseason.  Will DMC shake is sophomore slump?  Which DMC is the real DMC?  Will there be anyone who still denies he even had a sophomore slump?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In Response to Re: Devin McCourty:

This is a very good point.  We all know what type of player DMC is capable of being.  A few weeks to relax, heal, and clear his head could do a world of good for him.  Lets hope it is only a 3 week recovery...

[QUOTE]He's been playing so poorly that maybe this will do him some good.  I'm serious.
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

For what it's worth, the Pats' remaining schedule is not so bad.  And with Cassel out, Pats should be fine in the backfield next week.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

He has improved greatly compared to the beginning of the season. I think he'll be back for the Indy game on Dec 4

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

It seems really quiet regarding any results of the DMC injury...

Any word around?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

I think he has put on a little weight. He looks slightly bigger than last year. could that be slowing him down?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Don't like the okay ask but won't don't tell you anything rule, but its a rule. My take sense we haven't seen any rumors about DMC floating around he's out for a while. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]He has improved greatly compared to the beginning of the season. I think he'll be back for the Indy game on Dec 4
    Posted by orangecrush28[/QUOTE]

If we're going to keep him out until then, might as well rest him another week with that pathetic excuse of an offense that we'll be seeing on the 4th. We can pick up a corner from one of the local high schools to fill in for DMac that game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's been playing better week-to-week, but he's still pretty bad. I swear, as soon as he got off the field Sanchez stopped passing. They didn't even test Molden and never looked Arrington's way. You can tell the gameplan was attack McCourty until your arms fall off. I'm a little suspect about our 'starters'. The amount of pressure that came from Sanchez holding the ball too long was more than I've ever seen. Atleast two of Carter's sacks were cover sacks.

I don't know if the Jets didn't trust Sanchez to pass against the other DBs or if the coverage was so good that Sanchez was holding the ball, but the DBs played better than I've ever seen them play. Maybe we need to bench some of these 'starters'.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I heard on tv grade 2 seperation I think they said out 2-3 weeks.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

[QUOTE]the bad thing is he could playing through an injury and we would never know. I think he will have some sort of surgery after the year revealing what it was. I cant fathom him just falling off a cliff, and when I watch him, his technique is the same and he is just playing as fast and turning his head as quick as he used to. Usually you dont regress in those area's.  The other thing is he had a good rookie year but noon really considered him 1st rd talent. B.B. took some heat for this pic. So I think a lot those pics last year came from teams trying to test him and he was up for it. After a year of film now to watch, teams may have found a weakness and are attacking him in certain routes, mostly deep.  I still want him at the top guy as I dont want another high draft pick. Get a guy in the 3rd w/promise.  Lets see what Ras I can do next year and make Arrington the nickel where he is better suited. Ras, McCourty and Arrington can work, just need to continue to get after the qb. Got to go safety pretty early in the draft like rd 3 or get a real free agent safety. Its been a tough year watching these guys back there. Chung will put it all together next year and be All-Pro....he is gonna gain alot of valuble experience in this trying year of adversity.
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Good post. Playing through an injury which for the most part is fairly common is info we are rarely privy to, until the season concludes. We just judge on what we "see" which can be distorted and unfair on the player. It's guesswork for us ordinary fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]He's been playing better week-to-week, but he's still pretty bad. I swear, as soon as he got off the field Sanchez stopped passing. They didn't even test Molden and never looked Arrington's way. You can tell the gameplan was attack McCourty until your arms fall off. I'm a little suspect about our 'starters'. The amount of pressure that came from Sanchez holding the ball too long was more than I've ever seen. Atleast two of Carter's sacks were cover sacks. I don't know if the Jets didn't trust Sanchez to pass against the other DBs or if the coverage was so good that Sanchez was holding the ball, but the DBs played better than I've ever seen them play. Maybe we need to bench some of these 'starters'.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

There's something to be said for the young guys getting their chance and playing balls to the walls every second they're on the field but it's not something you can rely on week after week as teams build up film on them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

His horrible play has been the surprise of the season.  I think we all penciled him in as a sure thing coming into the season.

Sections
Shortcuts