Devin McCourty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Devin McCourty

Does anybody else think that with an offseason of training, if Devin can add 10-15 pounds, that he could be a premiere Safety in the NFL?

He's already exceptional at reading defenses, he's a good tackler, he has enough closing speed to cover the entire field, but he needs to get bigger if he wants to be at the top of his game. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: Devin McCourty

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does anybody else think that with an offseason of training, if Devin can add 10-15 pounds, that he could be a premiere Safety in the NFL?

He's already exceptional at reading defenses, he's a good tackler, he has enough closing speed to cover the entire field, but he needs to get bigger if he wants to be at the top of his game. 

[/QUOTE]

If he does add 10-15 pounds, he'll just be accused of using PED's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Maybe if we can get him to gain 20-25 pounds he could be Mesko's personal protector.  Heck, and maybe we could use him to run the wild cat a few plays a game! Bwahahahahahaha!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If he does add 10-15 pounds, he'll just be accused of using PED's.

[/QUOTE]

well, then he may as well go on steroids and be done with it....lol

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

FS fits McCourty's skill set much better than CB. he could be a pro bowler at the position.

[/QUOTE]

not sure about the last part, but ive been saying the first part for a year while 12 posters here chased me around the board during the same time calling me stupid or crazy for saying so. it's an interesting world; good ideas are at first attacked unitil eventually everyone acknowledges that it couldnt be any other way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe if we can get him to gain 20-25 pounds he could be Mesko's personal protector.  Heck, and maybe we could use him to run the wild cat a few plays a game! Bwahahahahahaha!!

[/QUOTE]

priceless!! :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

FS fits McCourty's skill set much better than CB. he could be a pro bowler at the position.

[/QUOTE]

He was already a pro bowler at CB...as a rookie

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I am not sure why he would add all thoughs pounds. A few PERHAPS but that much if any? He is playing FS and speed and reaction time and agility are critical. Bigger is fine but not at the expense of the qualities that are making him effective.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

^ I think Rusty made well rounded points above. Revis is a dipsht. DMC is a "Patriot" type player. Sure Revis is more talented, but that only goes so far in this league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Yup.  Rusty hit it on the head.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Is McCourty renegotiating a contract that he signs every year and a drain on our bank account, no, you're all correct when you say he's not like Revis.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

rusty just clowned on you jints, damn.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

McCourty is a Patriot type player which means he's about the team and helping it any way he can.

Can't say the same for Revis.  Although, I think that would be obvious.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

anything to give us a balanced offense

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

I believe devin will be a great safety, I believe that he would have made a great physical corner in the ty law mode ten years ago, if he was allowed to play physical and in the style of yesteryear he would be a top flight corner. Playing safety might allow him to use his skills more effectively.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Look not my business... but 4500 posts on another teams board.. again... I just don't get it.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts