Dez Bryant.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Dez Bryant.

Spectacular.  Imagine if we took this guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Re: Dez Bryant

Don't know if it will be ruled a catch after review, buy that was a great effort - and his buttocks have got to be killing him - LOL :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Dez Bryant:
    Spectacular.  Imagine if we took this guy.
    Posted by Tcal2

Imagine Kyle Arrington and Johathan Wilhite locking the corners down.

**shudder**

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Unfortunately Prairie it can't get much worse then currently having the worst 3rd down D.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

But we did get one of the best CB in the league, something we needed more of than a WR. There are plenty of offensive options in the draft, I still like the McCourty pick, but Bryant is something special.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Oh, it can get worse Tcal. It most certainly can. You could straight up have the worst "D" in the league. Like Buffalo, who give up 40 points or something each game. 

But yeah, a player like Bryant would answer a lot of questions for this offense. NE has to be happy with DM. But you are right, a player like DB would be the perfect selection/addition in the offseason. 

I would add to your thread too, that I can't help but realize how meagerly talented the entire offense is compared to Dallas. Felix Jones. Man. Would love to have one, just one, RB with the wheels to take a screen to the house man.

No one on the Pats offense outside of Tate can actually run past a defender. Hern can run over them. Woddy can juke them for a few extra. But not one guy on the "O" has the jets to take one home.

If I am NE I am trying to think of ways to get the ball into Tate's hands. Start running him on short slants crossed with Welker. Give him some bubble screens. Anything to get the ball to someone who can maybe break one open.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Dez Bryant:
    Oh, it can get worse Tcal. It most certainly can. You could straight up have the worst "D" in the league. Like Buffalo, who give up 40 points or something each game.  But yeah, a player like Bryant would answer a lot of questions for this offense. NE has to be happy with DM. But you are right, a player like DB would be the perfect selection/addition in the offseason.  I would add to your thread too, that I can't help but realize how meagerly talented the entire offense is compared to Dallas. Felix Jones. Man. Would love to have one, just one, RB with the wheels to take a screen to the house man. No one on the Pats offense outside of Tate can actually run past a defender. Hern can run over them. Woddy can juke them for a few extra. But not one guy on the "O" has the jets to take one home. If I am NE I am trying to think of ways to get the ball into Tate's hands. Start running him on short slants crossed with Welker. Give him some bubble screens. Anything to get the ball to someone who can maybe break one open.
    Posted by zbellino

ZB... You are right. The Pats have no gamebreakers on offense.  I believe you liked the McKenzie pick. Do you have any thoughts on why he got cut?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Oh, it can get worse Tcal. It most certainly can. You could straight up have the worst "D" in the league. Like Buffalo, who give up 40 points or something each game.  But yeah, a player like Bryant would answer a lot of questions for this offense. NE has to be happy with DM. But you are right, a player like DB would be the perfect selection/addition in the offseason.  I would add to your thread too, that I can't help but realize how meagerly talented the entire offense is compared to Dallas. Felix Jones. Man. Would love to have one, just one, RB with the wheels to take a screen to the house man. No one on the Pats offense outside of Tate can actually run past a defender. Hern can run over them. Woddy can juke them for a few extra. But not one guy on the "O" has the jets to take one home. If I am NE I am trying to think of ways to get the ball into Tate's hands. Start running him on short slants crossed with Welker. Give him some bubble screens. Anything to get the ball to someone who can maybe break one open.
    Posted by zbellino

YES, but don't stop with Tate. I agree he is one of the only offensive guys with game breaking speed and I really think we need to take off the reigns on this kid, but also the offense in general. I am not saying be reckless with the ball because our ball control has won us most of our games but give different looks to WW,Wood,BJGE,and I know Gronk had a few bad plays but I still believe he can help open up this offense.

Seems to me like we have almost stopped the 20 yard pass plays completely. teams are challenging us to try and protect Brady long enough to get 1 or more guys open down field.

With that said I am interested to see how we approach this game today. if we do the same things with a lot of shotgun or we mix it up?

Go Pats!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Dez Bryant : ZB... You are right. The Pats have no gamebreakers on offense.  I believe you liked the McKenzie pick. Do you have any thoughts on why he got cut?
    Posted by TSWFAN

Don't want to hijack TCAL's thread, because the topic is good. But it was a logjam at ILB. NE is stacked there. Where would he possibly break in?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

But we did get one of the best CB in the league, something we needed more of than a WR. There are plenty of offensive options in the draft, I still like the McCourty pick, but Bryant is something special.
    Posted by freediro

Absolutely agree on this.  If Pats knew for a fact that Moss would be gone either during or after this season, things may have been different last April.  As questionable as this secondary has been, I think the Pats would have 1 fewer win if we had Dez Bryant over McCourtey.

You can actually argue a similar position for the Cowboys.  They probably shouldn't have taken him as they several other weapons on the offensive end.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Dez Bryant.

Good WR's are a dime a dozen, great WR's are harder but there's always 2-3 WR's each draft that come out and look down right impressive, however finding a true shut down CB is almost impossible and McCourty might the the DROY at CB? That's even more impressive since it usually takes years for CB's to develop.

I love the McCourty pick and would gladly take a potential Law over any WR (minus Moss in his early years, and Rice). Besides Dez looks like another TO to me. He's already shown an ability to acted like a child and be a pain. Both short term and long term I'd much rather have McCourty over Dez everyday

Sections
Shortcuts