Dez Byant will be an All-Pro!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Dez Byant will be an All-Pro!

I can't believe the Pats passed on this guy!
    Oh well, at least the Pats got McFartney

Dez Bryant Picture

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro!

You need to change the saying at the bottom of your posts!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

In Response to Dez Byant will be an All-Pro!:
    I can't believe the Pats passed on this guy! Oh well, at least the Pats got McFartney
    Posted by BBRULES23
    Not sure Bryant will be an All-Pro, but you have the inside track on making this board's All-Idiot team...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I agree with Rocky...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro!:
    In Response to Dez Byant will be an All-Pro! : Not sure Bryant will be an All-Pro, but you have the inside track on making this board's All-Idiot team...
    Posted by mountainmonkey

LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

And if he is, who cares?  If u dont like it, go be a Cowgirls fan.  And dont make stupid posts here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Dez Byant will be an All-Pro! : Not sure Bryant will be an All-Pro, but you have the inside track on making this board's All-Idiot team...
    Posted by mountainmonkey

Go buy your McFartney jersey, you koolaid drinking moron!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

And if he is, who cares?  If u dont like it, go be a Cowgirls fan.  And dont make stupid posts here.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

I'll post whatever I want, and who cares?  The Pats passing on an All-Pro at a position of need for a special teamer is a concern of mine as a Pats fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

You really shouldn't be drinking this early on a Sunday morning! How can Dez Bryant be an "All-Pro" when he has yet to play a down as a professional? Then there are his off the field issues as well. Add in the fact that the guy cannot make it to meetings or practice on time, and is it any wonder BB passed on this guy? I've also heard they needed to "dumb down" the offense so he would understand it. Definitely not Patriots material, IMO (and in BB's opinion too, it seems)! And before you go judging the McCourtney pick, do a bit of research. There are a couple threads here which analyze his accompishments, and it looks rather impressive. We all remember the last time they took a WR in the first who didn't "get it". Chad Jackson has bounced around the league since he left Foxboro and hasn't stuck anywhere yet. Plus, how can you come here and rip their first pick yet have a tag like "Don't question Belichick"??? Either you are drunk or you are a complete moron!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The Pats were skewered when the passed on sure-fire WR David Terrell for some guy named Seymour. I think Big Sey was the better pro. McCourty will definitely help them.  Bryant might have. BB is also privvy to what type of person Bryant is.  McCourty is a solid citizen and thoroughly impressed all at the 'Bro yesterday.

McCourty helps the ST in several ways in addition to being a nickel back for now, and quite possibly a starter later. Nickel is very important as Pats fan realize. As BB put it, he's a 4 down player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro! : And you liked David Terrell as well?
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Actually no, I am not a fan of high/ 1st rd picks on WR

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro! : I'll post whatever I want, and who cares?  The Pats passing on an All-Pro at a position of need for a special teamer is a concern of mine as a Pats fan.
    Posted by BBRULES23

I am sorry that a player that can play special teams in addition to their actual position isnt something you can understand.  Maybe I should try and explain it using small words.  He plays CB, is very good at it, AND contributes on special teams at a very high level. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I can't believe the Pats passed on this guy! Oh well, at least the Pats got McFartney
    Posted by BBRULES23

I know from seeing the posts on this board that you aren't the only one who feels this way.  I find it a little too early to but this guy on a pedestal yet and I'm happy we stayed away from him.  When a guy drops like he did you know the issues are real and not made up.  He'll have temptations galore down here in Dallas and that bares watching.  Once Bryant is on the stage how will he handle it?  I don't think he'll handle it well at all.

I'm not really warm to the first pick either but I view it as a sound safe pick.  Nothing to get excited about which most folks don't really want to see coming from your 1st pick.  Really, does anybody feel real jazzed about the selection of McCourty? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Maybe Dez will be an all pro but I doubt it.  Randy Moss has been the measuring stick for WR's since he came in the league in 1998, but only a few guys have even approached his talent.  Fitzgerald, Burress (pre shooting himself), Andre Johnson, and Marshall.  Despite what some of you may think, Moss consistently gains more yards and TD's than these guys almost every year.  Every year some tall, fast WR is hailed as the next Moss, I'll believe it when I see it. 

Consider that Dez Bryant is similiar to Moss except he's not as tall, not as fast, not as smart, and many think his hands are not as good.  Rumor is they had to simplify the offense for Dez which could make him another Chad Jackson if he can't get the same read as the QB.  My guess would be he'll be a good receiver in a long list of good receivers, but not elite.  Time will tell.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Maybe Dez will be an all pro but I doubt it.  Randy Moss has been the measuring stick for WR's since he came in the league in 1998, but only a few guys have even approached his talent.  Fitzgerald, Burress (pre shooting himself), Andre Johnson, and Marshall.  Despite what some of you may think, Moss consistently gains more yards and TD's than these guys almost every year.  Every year some tall, fast WR is hailed as the next Moss, I'll believe it when I see it.  Consider that Dez Bryant is similiar to Moss except he's not as tall, not as fast, not as smart, and many think his hands are not as good.  Rumor is they had to simplify the offense for Dez which could make him another Chad Jackson if he can't get the same read as the QB.  My guess would be he'll be a good receiver in a long list of good receivers, but not elite.  Time will tell.
    Posted by shenanigan

well said my friend, Dez has alot of talent, but he is forgetful, and has work ethic issues.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro! : I am sorry that a player that can play special teams in addition to their actual position isnt something you can understand.  Maybe I should try and explain it using small words.  He plays CB, is very good at it, AND contributes on special teams at a very high level. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

Okay, so before the draft if I had said the Pats should take McCourtney with their 1st you would have agreed with me.  You wanted Devin prior to the draft, you wanted the Pats to take a CB with the #1 prior to the draft.

The only reason you like the Pick is because the Pats made it, the fact is the Pats could have taken kermit the frog and you would have seen it as a great move because the Pats made it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

You really shouldn't be drinking this early on a Sunday morning! How can Dez Bryant be an "All-Pro" when he has yet to play a down as a professional? Then there are his off the field issues as well. Add in the fact that the guy cannot make it to meetings or practice on time, and is it any wonder BB passed on this guy? I've also heard they needed to "dumb down" the offense so he would understand it. Definitely not Patriots material, IMO (and in BB's opinion too, it seems)! And before you go judging the McCourtney pick, do a bit of research. There are a couple threads here which analyze his accompishments, and it looks rather impressive. We all remember the last time they took a WR in the first who didn't "get it". Chad Jackson has bounced around the league since he left Foxboro and hasn't stuck anywhere yet. Plus, how can you come here and rip their first pick yet have a tag like "Don't question Belichick"??? Either you are drunk or you are a complete moron!
    Posted by bubthegrub2

What the heck are you talking about?  The guy was the #1 rated WR in the draft.  Now you comparing he to Chad Jackson?  Your rationalizing  on Dez being a bad pick based on something that has not happened, and where did you hear that the Pats would have to "dumb down" the offense for Dez?  Let's deal with facts not fantasy, Dez is more likely to be an "all Pro" than a bust.  And McCourtney is more likely to be an Ellis Hobbs(at best) than a Ty law.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro! : Okay, so before the draft if I had said the Pats should take McCourtney with their 1st you would have agreed with me.  You wanted Devin prior to the draft, you wanted the Pats to take a CB with the #1 prior to the draft. The only reason you like the Pick is because the Pats made it, the fact is the Pats could have taken kermit the frog and you would have seen it as a great move because the Pats made it.
    Posted by BBRULES23

There is some truth to what you are saying, I think. I really do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

But when you step back and think about it. The Patriots never select players that requires a babysitter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

In Response to Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro! : What the heck are you talking about?  The guy was the #1 rated WR in the draft.  Now you comparing he to Chad Jackson?  Your rationalizing  on Dez being a bad pick based on something that has not happened, and where did you hear that the Pats would have to "dumb down" the offense for Dez?  Let's deal with facts not fantasy, Dez is more likely to be an "all Pro" than a bust.  And McCourtney is more likely to be an Ellis Hobbs(at best) than a Ty law.
    Posted by BBRULES23

Correction - He was NOT consensus #1 - AND - those who did put him at the top all qualified there choice with "he is #1 IF" he can keep his head out his a**.
    I agree the Chad Jackson comparison is not valid, but Dez' own college coach has admitted he has issues that have kept him from playing to his real potential (as a COLLEGE player, let alone a pro).
    BTW, nobody is an All-PRO until they ARE  pro, which until he signs, he is not. How about we see him play a game (or two, or a season...?) before deeming him an ALL-Pro?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Yeah, yeah, yeah... and who thought Charles Rogers would be All-Penitentiary?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaucer. Show chaucer's posts

Let's not forget that Holmes was all pro and Marshal has been all pro.  Are the Steelers and the Broncos stupid or have they discovered that in the long run these players are more trouble and disruptive to a team than the talent that they bring.  Bryant may flourish and excel in Dallas but it is a team notorious for its lack of discipline.  Bryant needs some controls put on him because he has been poor at self control.  Will he get it in Dallas?  Of course he would be a top talent in New England but he might prove to be a liability as well.  The Patriots don't like those kind of risks and that may cost them with some players but more often they become someone else's headache and end up with the Jets, like Holmes and Edwards.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

I bet they passed on someone in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th round who will turn out to be "All Pro" too.

W*F Pats! Why couldn't you predict the future and pick these guys up??!?!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Posted by BBRULES23

Oh so now you know more than the guy who won us three Super Bowls?  I guess Kraft oughta let you call the shots around here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

Dez Bryant prob will be an all pro

He'll be just like TO and prob Brandon Marshall superstar WRs that never win a SB and get traded frequentely.