Did anyone else laugh?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Did anyone else laugh?

So did anyone else crack up laughing as soon as Brett Farve threw that pick in the championship game to end his career? I couldnt help myself I mean I just said to myself before he did it "If they throw the ball farve will turn it over" and BAM they throw the ball and he throws a pick I mean how do you not laugh at that? He is a turnover waiting to happen in big games and you could just smell it coming.

I dont feel bad for the guy I mean he came out of retirement and pushed this team almost all the way to the Super Bowl only to have it end the same way it did in Green Bay.

So now the question is, does he retire?....again? lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Did anyone else laugh?

Funnier than that is this . . .

All over the Vikings forum at KFAN.com yesterday the talk was about Favre making up his mind soon about whether or not he will be returning (he's under contract for one more year) so the Vikings will know if they need to be in the market for another quarterback.

You can't make this stuff up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

MVP...   at that moment he thought he was doing the best thing he could for his team to get into better FG position.  You see in the replays, because that pass was essentially a "duck", the D-back had time to jump the pass and intercept it.  How many other passes did he throw that day that were tight ropes to the receiver? Hind sight is always 20/20 and if he thought like an RB, he would have taken off for that wide open 10 - 15 yards in front of him.  We've seen the same from Brady, s**t happens!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

My friends and I all called it three plays early. We were waiting for it the whole drive. It was almost like we willed it to happen. We had just started to resign ourselves to the fact that maybe, somehow, Brett wasn't going to pull a Brett Favre. Then they got in that 3rd and long situation and everybody in the room was expecting it to happen. I think, at that point, anyone would have laid 1000-1 odds at the nearest bookie that he was about throw a pick if they were stupid enough to let him throw. Then, at the last possible moment, BAM! Brett Brett Favres all himself.

Thats right, I think Brett Favre needs to be a verb. Anytime a QB throws an insanely stupid pick, it should be called a Brett Favre. For example: "Wow, Joey Harington really pulled a Brett Favre there. There wasn't a reciever within ten yards of that pick. And he was throwing the ball off his back foot and across his body. They were already in field goal range. What was he thinking?"

Not only did he manage to pull a Brett Favre. He pulled a 2004 Yankees at the same time. Talk about choke. It's what he does

If there has ever been a more overrated athlete, I can't name them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

If you've got All-World Peterson ( or Taylor ), you run the ball to just improve your position for a FG. I don't care how many "ropes" were thrown by Favre. History has proven that his team will hang by the last rope 
    ( sorry...I couldn't resist that ). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Did he end his career? There should be a new NFL rule. No one is allowed to print or broadcast anything Farve says between the end of his season and August.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Favre wont retire until he is forced to.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

This guy has lost more opportunities for his team's to advance to the Super Bowl in the last 3 year (2), Then Super Bowls he has appeared in (1).

Future HOF'er my buttt.  He's strictly a compiler.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Just Favre being Favre.

Also a good example of how running the ball isn't the be-all and end-all of football.  The best running team in the NFL (not the jests) ran the ball on first and second down before that pick and they wound up in 3rd and fifteen. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Seriously, isn't Favre still better than about 1/3rd of all the QBs out there even on his lesser days? Couldn't the Browns still use him? Would you rather have Favre or Cassell? I dunno, I agree with this thought that he's overrated, but with how poor the QBs seem to be  (heck, Brady had a 'bad' year and he still makes other QBs, in general, look terrible), I could see him playing for 2-3 more seasons if he really wanted to play and was willing to be someone to start until another young qb was ready... I still don't think Minny has a 'better' option than him at the moment... It isn't like they are going to abandon AP after that game..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Running may not be the be all and end all but tossing up a wounded duck across the field with no view of who has a chance to catch it isn't exactly a winning formula either.

Farve being Farve has cost 2 teams a chance to go to the Super Bowl. It's almost like he thinks he has to be the hero.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

What's with the crazy skull, Evil?  Did you used to post as Evilpatsfan?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I'm beginning to feel more and more like a dinosaur. Running may not solve anything but if I were the coach, I would run Peterson until he drops ( no...not those drops ).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

AP might not be the best but according to the hype machine, Minny had the best run-blocking O-line.  You know hype is always right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

If you think that's funny.. I heard talk on a Milwaukee radio station that there are actually Packer fans who beleive Farve went to the Vikings just to keep them from winning a superbowl. They think that he threw the pick because he is a Packer at heart.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

The Vikes run blocking hasn't been the same since they let Matt Birk leave.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

lol
    u cant compare Favre to Brady
    Brady is much much better.  Favre has been an interception throwing machine for his entire career.
    no question brady is a much better Quarterback, and Brady is much more of a leader

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Two things that pass reminded me of Drew Bledsoe.  You are taught in Pop Warner ball not to across the field.  How is the use of throwing a "Brett Favre" a verb?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Favre's first pass in an NFL regular season game resulted in an interception returned for a touchdown.

On his first regular season play as a Packer, Favre threw a pass that was deflected and caught by himself.

Most career interceptions thrown: 317
    Most career playoff interceptions thrown: 30
    Most career playoff losses as starting QB: 11

Brett Favre has done many things laughable but he is a certain hall of famer. He may have had his best season this year at age 40: 33 TD 7 INT.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The Brett Farve worship ceremony may finally be over.  He was a good QB when he was under the coaches control.  That was long ago, and he does what he wants, and throws what he want.  I would MUCH rather have Matt Cassel than Brett, he did what he was told, studied hard (something Brett admits he does NOT do) and shows up in camp.  He plays FOR the team, not uses the team as his personal fulfillment tool.  And he can throw to boot.  Goodbye Brett, stay gone. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

MBP,

Funnier than that last lame effort, funnier than Peterson playing Greasy Pig with teh football (2 out of 3 carries, no less), even more funnier then the TO's in the Red Zone, was the BIG penalty:12 players in the huddle..... AFTER they called a time out. Now, THAT'S priceless! I'm still holding my sides over that one.

For all you Favre defenders, FUGHEDABOUDIT! Even Pop Warner football teaches the QB's, such as they are, that they NEVER run right and throw left ACROSS THE DAM FIELD! His last lame effort was at least 30 yards throw. It's one thing to "zip the ball with razor like precision" downfield into a crowd. It's quite another to try that brain dead throw across the field for what amounted to a 5-10 yard gain, dead duck or a tight spiral with lots of "zip". The non-ego pro QB tucks the ball, gets as much yardage he can, goes out of bounds before getting hit (and hoping the Saints take a roughing the QB penalty for a late hit), and then has his kicker try a long FG in a DOME. Should I remind all you Favre backers that there is no wind to mess up a lomg kick n a dome?  

I watched the debacle in a Mexican cantina. Right after the 5 yard penalty for 12 men in the huddle, I turned to my biddies and said that Favre was gonna scru it up because of his own ego. Two of the 6 said I didn't have a clue. BANG! There it was. Hope they and Favre enjoy the humble pie.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

I heard Minny has been talking with Doug Flutie! Oh yeah bring it on Douggy!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

themightypatriotz  New year new evil picture. Over the years the evilpatsfan name kept getting banned for crapping on Leon so I shortened it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

btw, favre has been to 2 superbowls...one win over the patriots and one loss to denver. also, as aikman stated, he should have run on the 3rd down as there was an opening up the right side for an easy 10 yard gain and would have put the vikings in field goal range.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

BALL ON THE GROUND!  BALL ON THE GROUND!  BALL ON THE GROUND!  YEAH!!!