Did anyone else see what Derrick Brooks said...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wreford1. Show Wreford1's posts

Did anyone else see what Derrick Brooks said...

I saw brooks thus morning on ESPN and they asked him about coming back. He seemed like he had something up his sleeve but wouldnt say. They then asked him who was going to the superbowl and for the AFC he said PATS without a doubt...I wouldnt be surprised to see him signed later on...Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

Re: Did anyone else see what Derrick Brooks said...

I think he's atleast worth taking a look at. Can't hurt by any means...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In Response to Re: Did anyone else see what Derrick Brooks said...:
    I think he's atleast worth taking a look at. Can't hurt by any means...
    Posted by DYBLITZ

This is a short week, would not be supriesed to seem him w/the Pats next week. I saw his comment, he had no hesitation in saying the Pats, almost as if he knows he is going to be there soon, or at least he wants to be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

He also said with the same "I know something you don't know" attitude "The Saints and the Bears." So I say our chances our 33%.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He's small for a LB, but sign him. We need depth badly, and I have little to no confidence in Woods or Alexander. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

His instinct alone make him a good pick up. He knows where the play is going before the offense does. He is small and not a 3-4 LB but then again we dont play a lot of 3-4 these days anyways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

He's small for a LB, but sign him. We need depth badly, and I have little to no confidence in Woods or Alexander. 
    Posted by PatsLifer

Who would the Pats cut to sign Brooks?  He can't be added until a roster spot is created.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

In Response to Re: Did anyone else see what Derrick Brooks said... : Who would the Pats cut to sign Brooks?  He can't be added until a roster spot is created.
    Posted by ItsPat

Maybe Slater gets moved to IR

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Did anyone else see what Derrick Brooks said... : Who would the Pats cut to sign Brooks?  He can't be added until a roster spot is created.
    Posted by ItsPat

That safety they just signed. Can't even remember his name.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

hey patslifer,
                      D Brooks is small but he is a first ballot HOFer! And he would look damn good in the Red, White and Blue!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The biggest drawback to Brooks is that he's played in a Tampa 2 defense for years. It would take some adjustment to fit into BB's scheme. Not to say it couldn't be done, though. I'm sure he would have to demonstrate he had the aptitude, but the guy has been playing for 14 years, so he can't be too inept. Size is the other thing, he's a bit smaller than BB likes. The second question is salary. Supposedly he wouldn't sign with the Bears because they lowballed him. I don't suppose BB is going to give him AD type money! We'll see. Maybe he'd sign with NE on the cheap because he'd have a better shot at a ring than in Chicago. It's hard to tell sometimes. I'd hope they at least call him in for a look-see. Only time will tell. In any case, he wouldn't be a factor in the Jests game, and that's my main concern right now!

Sections
Shortcuts