Did Belichick exit out Seymour in the right way?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: Did Belichick exit out Seymour in the right way?

In Response to Re: Did Belichick exit out Seymour in the right way?:
    [QUOTE]i agree with pochen23. seymour made his relationship with the patriots about the money and nothing else. he was in new england only because the patriots paid him enough money to be there. he gave absolutely no consideration to the patriots or even his teammates, it was simply get as much as possible. he was a hired hand, an employee and nothing more. therefore, no he didnt deserve any more considerations that he got in being traded. quite simply, he used the team to get as much money as he possibly could, as is his right. the team treated him the same way, using him to get as much as they possibly could, which is their right.
    Posted by bbtrick[/QUOTE]

BINGO!  This is the most accurate post on this subject!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Belichick exit out Seymour in the right way? : i agree with the trade. my beef is HOW it was done!
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]   I'm having difficulty understanding your position. Where you present when RS was advised of the trade? Did BB confront RS or did he hear of the trade on one of the sports blogs,how did he learn of the trade? I bet that BB confronted R Seymore one on one, however his actions have proven that he's no more than a primadona. It's time for him to grow up and accept his responsibilities. We all must face up to things that we dislike daily, the manner in which we accept the setbacks is called professionalism or the lack of.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Did Belichick exit out Seymour in the right way?:
    [QUOTE]In bill i trust and i can agree with his reasong behind letting seymour go. but i think bill reverted back to his cold  dehumanizg approach in the way he let seymour go. this guy deserved to be told face to face, eye to eye by belichick himself. he deserved to be thanked properly as the news was sensitively broken to him. he deserved to be told that he was not actively shopped but that oakland made the approach and readily accepted terms the pats could not walk away from. he deserved some special love and appreciation! if you are tom brady or wilfork and you hold all the leverage at this point, y on earth when u see seymour being so crassly treated would you want to give this team a market discount? top guys working on their third and last deals deserve a little more gratitude and respect. is this how bill would like kraft to treat him someday? in milloy days, guys like brady were young pups. now they are a bit wiser and seasoned. this is not the way to maximize their loyalties in the long term!
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE] I know business part of football can be cruel,look what the vikes did to this guy.first they have him lower his pay,and still cut him after that.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/vikings/2009-09-10-wade-cut_N.htm?csp=34

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Look we probably all can have some sympathy for Seymore having to uproot his family, but maybe we should  feel more concern for the military people who have to leave their families to go to those stinkholes and for a lot lot less money!!

It's really hard for me to feel sorry for someone making so much money playing football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Did Belichick exit out Seymour in the right way?:
    [QUOTE]In bill i trust and i can agree with his reasong behind letting seymour go. but i think bill reverted back to his cold  dehumanizg approach in the way he let seymour go. this guy deserved to be told face to face, eye to eye by belichick himself. he deserved to be thanked properly as the news was sensitively broken to him. he deserved to be told that he was not actively shopped but that oakland made the approach and readily accepted terms the pats could not walk away from. he deserved some special love and appreciation! if you are tom brady or wilfork and you hold all the leverage at this point, y on earth when u see seymour being so crassly treated would you want to give this team a market discount? top guys working on their third and last deals deserve a little more gratitude and respect. is this how bill would like kraft to treat him someday? in milloy days, guys like brady were young pups. now they are a bit wiser and seasoned. this is not the way to maximize their loyalties in the long term!
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE] what ever he did,he is good at what he is doing.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4457563&name=schefter_adam&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4457563%26name%3dschefter_adam

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]So let me make sure I've got this straight, when the player holds out for more money it's a business but when the team trades him it's personal? live by the sword get traded by the sword
    Posted by noneofyourbusiness19[/QUOTE] its about HOW its done. no beef with bel tradg seymour. how he did it STINKSsssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Belichick exit out Seymour in the right way? :    I'm having difficulty understanding your position. Where you present when RS was advised of the trade? Did BB confront RS or did he hear of the trade on one of the sports blogs,how did he learn of the trade? I bet that BB confronted R Seymore one on one, however his actions have proven that he's no more than a primadona. It's time for him to grow up and accept his responsibilities. We all must face up to things that we dislike daily, the manner in which we accept the setbacks is called professionalism or the lack of.
    Posted by sonieboy[/QUOTE] from all i've read it was not done one on on or with RESPECT or basic decency. big sey wasnt just about the money. he was the black bruschi. was bel acting like that was all "business?' if it was just business, the pats would be like detroit. the fact is the pats have stars like sy who make it personal and pass that on the rooks and newbies. if bel keeps going down this road, not only will keep stinkg in nurtturg draft piks but he will start to infect other areas of our success train. these are humans, better treat them with humanity.trade the man as u want but u can treat him humanely! bel did NOT do that!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]Look we probably all can have some sympathy for Seymore having to uproot his family, but maybe we should  feel more concern for the military people who have to leave their families to go to those stinkholes and for a lot lot less money!! It's really hard for me to feel sorry for someone making so much money playing football.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]this is a football freakin board. who cares about the military, poor homeless citizens on crack, unwed pregnant mothers with hungry kids everywhere? i come here to forget that. big sey should not focus on that with bel. does belichick look like he is starving? mr. kraft? sey is lower middle class within the fictional world of the nfl. he should be upper class. hate the game, NOT the playa! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Belichick exit out Seymour in the right way? : from all i've read it was not done one on on or with RESPECT or basic decency. big sey wasnt just about the money. he was the black bruschi. was bel acting like that tribute to tedy was all "business?'if so, bel should have cut bruschi the day after his stroke. if it was just business, the pats would be like detroit. the fact is the pats have stars like sy who make it personal and pass that on the rooks and newbies. if bel keeps going down this road, not only will keep stinkg in nurtturg draft piks but he will start to infect other areas of our success train. these are humans, better treat them with humanity.trade the man as u want but u can treat him humanely! bel did NOT do that!
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

"he was the black bruschi"

This is defiantly not the brightest thing I've ever read.  I honestly can't remember Bruschi ever holding up the team for more money.

$eymour is a greedy self center piece of cr@p that got exactly what he deserved.

The two have nothing in common.  Bruschi is a team first guy while $eymour is a me first @ssh0le.  F him hard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]"he was the black bruschi" This is defiantly not the brightest thing I've ever read.  I honestly can't remember Bruschi ever holding up the team for more money. $eymour is a greedy self center piece of cr@p that got exactly what he deserved. The two have nothing in common.  Bruschi is a team first guy while $eymour is a me first @ssh0le.  F him hard.
    Posted by Kmax[/QUOTE]Gotta agree with you. Everything Seymour did was to maximize his salary. When asked about a home town discount, he said his hiometown was in South Carolina. Seymour had it all planned that the Pats wouldn't be able to franchise him after the season and he could get his last big contract. Too bad the Pats spoiled his plans and got something for him and whats even worse, he will be franchised by Oakland. LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady101. Show Brady101's posts

From the time the hooded one joined the Patriots it has always been about the business side of things.  He is always going to do what is best for the Patriots for this season and in seasons to come.  He obviously felt that the Patriots could over come whatever loss they suffered by not having Seymour in the lineup.  And felt that by trading him now they could get great value which will help in the future.  Being traded is part of the business.  If Seymour didn't want to be traded then when negotiating his last contract he should have asked for a little less money and a no-trade clause. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]From the time the hooded one joined the Patriots it has always been about the business side of things.  He is always going to do what is best for the Patriots for this season and in seasons to come.  He obviously felt that the Patriots could over come whatever loss they suffered by not having Seymour in the lineup.  And felt that by trading him now they could get great value which will help in the future.  Being traded is part of the business.  If Seymour didn't want to be traded then when negotiating his last contract he should have asked for a little less money and a no-trade clause. 
    Posted by Brady101[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Where's the outrage over Ted Johnson? Tebucky Jones? No one cried about them because they weren't any good when they got axed.

This trade makes me giddy. First, it hopefully signals that BB is sticking around for a while and second it shows that no individual player is greater than the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Observer6. Show Observer6's posts

Seymour got what he deserved and the OP should be critiquing Designing Women. Report for duty Seymour or suffer the consequences.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Did BB exit out Seymour in the right way? ABSOLUTELY!! Glad that this overrated primadonna is gone. He is showing his true colors for all to see with the circus he has created, in the aftermath of his trade. He is also being used by his agent, Eugene Parker (who, incidently, has done a marvelous job representing the interests of rookie WR, Michael Crabtree), and the NFLPA: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/12/harmonizing-the-two-latest-seymour-reports/

This microcosm of how the NFLPA does business shows why it is so necessary for NFL owners to scrap the current collective bargaining agreement, lock out the players in 2011...and break this agent-influenced union.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Seymour and Ron Borges...what a daily double that is: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/m/2009/09/12/blindsided-seymour-says-hes-happy/.

I wonder if BB has contacted Uncle Al to see if he'll take Borges, too? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

This discussion of "how" a trade was made is comical.  Most working stiffs are "at will" employees...Seymour still has a job, and will collect his full, lavish pay just by showing up...nothing to do with performance.  So he has to make quick changes in his life style?  Big Deal!  I know people who commute cross-country and come home a couple of times a month, living in an apartment on the west coast for 1/20th of what Seymour makes in a year.  I never thought I would hear whining about the entitlement of pro-athletes, or is this just another opportunity to bash Belichick because he isn't all warm and cuddly?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Belichick exit out Seymour in the right way? : Bingo. Where's the outrage over Ted Johnson? Tebucky Jones? No one cried about them because they weren't any good when they got axed. This trade makes me giddy. First, it hopefully signals that BB is sticking around for a while and second it shows that no individual player is greater than the team.
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]I m a homer but also consistent. i didnt like the way BB treated Ted johnson either. esp after the guy pretty much give away his future health for this team. BB played him despite the concussive risks. obviously, BB has now made that adjustment for the docs have much more latitude and often err on  the side of caution as is the case with MOST other teams. lets not desecrate sey because he is no longer here or just be homers and blindly rally under the skirt of belichick to justify y sey is no longer wanted. sey played hurt, was a warrior, WAS the black bruschi and dont forget the reason y he slumped and couldnt play at his best was because at the PEAK of his youth, contract  and production he willingly sacrificed it all to play FULLBACK!

now how many others in his position do u c rushing out to do that at a high level in no time, although he had never done it previously, wasnt initially crazy about it and never lobbied for it- unlike Vrabes! the man is gone and done with the pats, we got our 1st rounder but lets not act as if he was some dog or that the raiders got fleeced with a lemon. sey is STILL a top 3 guy at his position and will likely prove it again this year. I would take him over Haynesworth any day!

while yo are at it, go read about the countless pats whose careers were ruined because they were previously forced to go out and play with intentionally misdiagnosed injuries. forget his name right now but one dude with 2 OBVIOU rips in his ACL was told to just ice and rest it and thrown right bak out there even after he went to 2 other docs who confirmed it was an ACL and he needed immediate surgery and had the freakin xrays to prove it. took the raiders' docs to draw the line on him after he got a successful tryout with them. they wouldnt play him but offered him the full rehab and surgery eventhough he was forced to retire from football due to the severity of his injuries. add him to the list of ex-pats now suing the team and it s shaky practice of medicine in the past. as a result, ALL the top guys including our BRADY pretty much refuse to fully trust or use the teams' docs. they go to their own or put faith in others' opinions. heck, they even have their surgeries and often do their initial rehabs with OTHERS!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]From the time the hooded one joined the Patriots it has always been about the business side of things.  He is always going to do what is best for the Patriots for this season and in seasons to come.  He obviously felt that the Patriots could over come whatever loss they suffered by not having Seymour in the lineup.  And felt that by trading him now they could get great value which will help in the future.  Being traded is part of the business.  If Seymour didn't want to be traded then when negotiating his last contract he should have asked for a little less money and a no-trade clause. 
    Posted by Brady101[/QUOTE] yep, i hope bel gets treated that same way when his contracts are due up. how long do u think he would be around? what did he do when parcells try pulling that stuff on him? he came running on the lap of kraft and skirt of the pats. "tough" guys like bel are always only so as long as they are the hammer and others are the nail! i like bel but he can do much better with his draftpiks and some of his human to human relational skillss... it would help not only him but his heirs like social midget josh mcdaniels!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Belichick exit out Seymour in the right way? : yep, i hope bel gets treated that same way when his contracts are due up. how long do u think he would be around? what did he do when parcells try pulling that stuff on him? he came running on the lap of kraft and skirt of the pats. "tough" guys like bel are always only so as long as they are the hammer and others are the nail! i like bel but he can do much better with his draftpiks and some of his human to human relational skillss... it would help not only him but his heirs like social midget josh mcdaniels!
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE] Obviously you feel more comfortable with a players coach like Pete Carroll who was the players' buddy when he coached the Pats. The rest of us are satisfied with BB's people skills. Do yourself a favor and root for another team. You won't have have to worry about Mr. Meany anymore and we Pats fans won't miss your complaints either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I was elated how this happened. The last few years Seymour was toiling on his reputation. Even single-teamed, which was the case most of the time, he rarely got to the qb. We had no pass rush, he couldn't set the edge, and was often on the DL. Added to that he was an enormous cap liability(9 million+this year). I had been hoping for this for a couple of years. Bravo! Bill

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Belichick exit out Seymour in the right way? : from all i've read it was not done one on on or with RESPECT or basic decency. big sey wasnt just about the money. he was the black bruschi. was bel acting like that was all "business?' if it was just business, the pats would be like detroit. the fact is the pats have stars like sy who make it personal and pass that on the rooks and newbies. if bel keeps going down this road, not only will keep stinkg in nurtturg draft piks but he will start to infect other areas of our success train. these are humans, better treat them with humanity.trade the man as u want but u can treat him humanely! bel did NOT do that!
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

"In his first public comments since the deal, Seymour told the Boston Herald on Saturday that he was taken aback when coach Bill Belichick told him of the trade"

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ik9UAM0fm54x6sMyEG5NqjCzLLzwD9ALSNN01

I guess it was done "one on one".  Where did you read that it was not?  Did you just make that up?

If you did make that up about BB then it would appear that he has more integrity than you do!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Belichick exit out Seymour in the right way? : "In his first public comments since the deal, Seymour told the Boston Herald on Saturday that he was taken aback when coach Bill Belichick told him of the trade" http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ik9UAM0fm54x6sMyEG5NqjCzLLzwD9ALSNN01 I guess it was done "one on one".  Where did you read that it was not?  Did you just make that up? If you did make that up about BB then it would appear that he has more integrity than you do!
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE] I stand corrected. I am man enough to admit when I interpret wrong information. Seems like Sey was simply in some shock and had to scramble around with some family stuff. Bel did it right and professionally and Sey for his part, also ended up doing the right thing, as did the raiders. hopefully, he goes out and plays great and helps to improve the raiders and earns his big deal. guess my real beef was with the folks here who just kept slamming the guy. sometimes noone is at fault. everyone promoted and protected their self-interests!

Sections
Shortcuts