Did Bill knowingly snub espn by not starting Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Did Bill knowingly snub espn by not starting Brady?

You know espn wanted it.  Bill made the decision to sit Brady GM 2. 

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Did Bill knowingly snub espn by not starting Brady?

Or, it could be that the Patriots have another game in 4 days, with two joint practices starting the day after tomorrow.  BB even said that he has to manage the health of his players through this stretch of 3 games in 10 days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Bill made the decision to sit Brady GM 2

Why GM 2 as opposed to GM 3? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Because game 3 involves the joint practices with the Bucs leading up to the game, and BB really values those practices as productive for the team to go against a different defense, and would rather have Brady going all out in those practices rather than recovering from this game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Not starting against the eagles D for a series or 2

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I'm glad he didn't play him, the offensive line isn't ready yet, maybe by the end of the week its a little better. I wouldn't want Brady to face the Philly pass rush with the line as it is now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Thats a pretty good point, but I like my theory better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I'm thinking Bill knows what Brady is capable of and doesn't need to see him in a exhibition game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

BB sat at least twelve starters last night.  Somewhere around there.

It's not about TB and ESPN.  It's about figuring out who's going to fill out this roster. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

BB could give 2 craps what ESPN thinks.  His strategy in football involves what he thinks is best for the team.  Game 3 of the preseason is usually the dress rehearsal where starters play most of the game anyway and since they have 3 games in 10 days plus the joint practices with Tampa this week, Game 2 was expendable.  The Eagles played most of their starters because they play the Browns in Game 3 and open the season against them (stupid schedulers) so they don't want to tip their hand in the preseason game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

this was a cut down game plain and simple.

With joint practices and 3 games in 10 days not only is it beneficial to get the bubble players and rooks as many reps as possible but it also prevents injury due to overworking on the part of the vets too. Most of the locks on the team will get more out of playing in the joint practices then they will from a game 2 pre-season game anyways so why take the risk? If they had it spread out to a game a week you might have seen the starters play a couple of series but 3 games in 10 days with joint practices is a lot for players who aren't fighting to make the roster or need to get caught up from missing practices due to injury

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Eagles have a speedy defensive line.  The Bucs were 21st in the league in pass defense and 32nd in run defense.  If you're going to put a well-tested franchise or two on the field, wait for Vollmer to get on the field and then go play the Bucs.

Look what happened to Michael Vick!  Would the Eagles possibly have had revenge or mayhem on their minds last night?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Not a snub. Just a smart personel move from a team that has to play 3 games in what 12 days. Playing starters in all three games (say to the 2nd quarter) would have been a bad idea. Better idea find out what 2nd and 3rd string players have what it takes to make the team. I could be wrong, but I think its ten days. That is some potentially dangerous scheduling. In a way BB is snubbing the NFL and ESPN and should be lauded for doing so because he has to keep his team healthy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

You nailed it, BB has always been so driven by the media I bet he planned this out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Its simple really. 3 games, 10 days. Gotta sit the players that are gonna make the roster, why not throw out all the other kids on MNF and see how they react. It's a good way to sort out the roster. I thought the Patriots played well considering BB benched 26 starters.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Did Bill knowingly snub espn by not starting Brady?:
    [QUOTE]You know espn wanted it.  Bill made the decision to sit Brady GM 2.  Thoughts?
    Posted by MoreRings[/QUOTE]

They were certainly whining enough about how Kraft and BB 'jobbed' the fans. Of course real Pats fans know what BB uses the preseason for and know that attending a game expecting to see a lot of the starters isn't going to happen.

If Mickey Mouse's sports network wants to see all starters for their broadcasts then they can buy their own team and run it how they want.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It wouldn't surprise me if he did stick it to somebody by choosing to sit most of his team during a nationally televised game...kind of like telling the league...you want to schedule 3 games in ten nights on me?? And I don't blame him a bit. Funny part is Brady went home two hours before kick off - ESPN didn't even get the chance to film him walking around on the sideline...now that's kind of funny.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Did Bill knowingly snub espn by not starting Brady?:
    [QUOTE]Disagree, Glen. They are 'jobbing' the fans, its a total ripoff and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. I feel bad for casual fans who don't know and shell out top dollar to see a s**t product. They being all NFL teams...their criticism wasn't solely at Kraft & the Patriots obviously.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Look, if a fan goes to a preseason game and expects to see a lot of the veteren starters then they're a fool. ESPN's whine isn't for the fans it's for their own viewer numbers. They're just not going to admit it. As for the 'casual fans' that didn't know any better....buy a product without knowing what you're buying and you'll be sorry most of the time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'm not saying they should play the starters, Glen..I'm saying the NFL is a f'n ripoff. If the product sucks, charge less! I know, I know, people are paying it anyways so why change it...it just ticks me off that they can charge full price for a glorified practice.

Sections
Shortcuts